The first Red Thunder Tournament has been announced

BFCElvis

4 hours ago, Chibot Mk IX said:

Hi Whako

I am sorry, you are right. it must be in the scenario depot before but lost after one of the website update.

Try this one: 

Where Forefathers Fought - Combat Mission: Red Thunder - TheBlitz 

There is a download button that works 

Wouldn’t it be better if players didn’t have early access to these scenarios before the rounds are played?  My opponent last game just moved around behind where my reinforcements came in.  No sense of fair play at all.  After turn 5, i refused to play against an opponent like that, so I stopped returning turns.  I'm sure he will 'win' the round, but I don't care. 

This wouldn't have happened if the scenarios are kept secret. Or at least protected from pre-release. Or built so an opponent can't play the system. Takes all the fun out of the tournament.

And yet they post official videos or such before the tournament rounds about the scenarios.  To market the games, generate excitement I figure.  But certainly provides lots of information in advance about the scenarios to anyone who wants to look at them.  And these are mirrored tournaments so unfortunately there really is no fog of war, at least in terms of forces and initial set-up zones though reinforcements could be a surprise, as in where they show up and what you actually get, unless you have played through the scenario before or looked at it through the editor. 

But the scenarios used in the tournament can be modified for the tournament.  Point scoring for sure since BFC seems to be aiming for about 2,000 points +/- per side and I have noticed inconsistencies in the briefings where original point values are shown either on the strategic map screens or the briefings.  And possibly also in forces that are in play.  CMRT Round 2 briefing gives German side King Tigers in the briefing notes but only regular Tigers showed up.

7 hours ago, Probus said:

Wouldn’t it be better if players didn’t have early access to these scenarios before the rounds are played?  My opponent last game just moved around behind where my reinforcements came in.  No sense of fair play at all.  After turn 5, i refused to play against an opponent like that, so I stopped returning turns.  I'm sure he will 'win' the round, but I don't care. 

This wouldn't have happened if the scenarios are kept secret. Or at least protected from pre-release. Or built so an opponent can't play the system. Takes all the fun out of the tournament.

You got a point, just like I said , I would recommend not to peek into that scenario to avoid spoilers.   And yes, to have a fair play is important, sorry to hear your story.

This 3rd round scenario has been sit in my hard drive since 2017. I opened it several times , purposed a deployment plan but never hit the red GO button. But I am pretty sure some of the tournament players have played this scenario before.  

3 hours ago, MeatEtr said:

Crap why the hell is there overtime! Just sent my cease fire over to @YppY! Fingers crossed he gets it back in time. 🥲

I think we just about made it. Did not know there were overtime in the scenario. Oh and the reason I only send the single file that times was because I lost connection to the server after doing one side and had to go to bed. 

GG. Was a bit of a roller-coaster for me. When I lost 5 t-34s early, it was looking pretty bad. I think I got a bit lucky to pull it back. 

Also I think there is something wrong with the scoring since the German side seems to get all the points from exiting tanks, even if they where not.

1 hour ago, YppY said:

I think we just about made it. Did not know there were overtime in the scenario. Oh and the reason I only send the single file that times was because I lost connection to the server after doing one side and had to go to bed. 

GG. Was a bit of a roller-coaster for me. When I lost 5 t-34s early, it was looking pretty bad. I think I got a bit lucky to pull it back. 

Also I think there is something wrong with the scoring since the German side seems to get all the points from exiting tanks, even if they where not.

Yep we finished just in time with this one! GG well played! Nice smokescreens with your Tigers too haha! 😁

Yeah I think exiting any tanks with the Axis only serves to take pts away from the Soviets. No actual pts are awarded to the Axis for this.

Also I managed to keep alive 6 Soviet tanks while you had 4 survive. Though made no difference in the scoring. But you exiting that Tiger was the difference maker.

Edited by MeatEtr

1 hour ago, Probus said:

FYI, for those of us dunces who couldn't find the observer on the Soviet side, it's the 'jeep'. I almost ran the jeep straight into enemy lines on a scouting trip when I noticed he was the observer. 😬

Took me awhile to find the FO too. I thought, I could be a nice guy and point this out in the forums. Or be a overly competitive snarky bastard and not say anything. I made my choice! 😂 Hey Im in the lead after all, what do you expect, the gloves are off! 🍺

On 12/7/2023 at 3:23 PM, Chibot Mk IX said:

WTF!

Crashed to the desktop! 2 hours of preparations are gone! 

Feel your pain.  All that time setting up and my opponent surrenders in first turn!  I should of looked at what he was doing in his other games as it looks like he has surrendered all of them.  

• 2 weeks later...

Considering the huge amount of time to play CMx2 battles, I think the only solution is to make invitational tournaments, allowing to join only to those players that have a 100% finished games (or at least won because the other player vanished)

I was playing two good battles in this 3rd turn, still very balanced in my opinion... after about 15 turns of regular play, my opponent (i was playing as nickname gfs26) decided to surrender in both battles, with no tactical reason (he was not defeated, maybe a bit worse in the battle as Russians (his army) vs Germans). This is the reason I decided to give up to any future tournament, and try to find reliable players (there are many, I knew many on the FGM forum) for future battles.

Edited by jackal263

I went to the wrong forum, I was talking about the CW tournament. In any case it's the same in the 3 games, reinforcements arrive at half time (my perception as a losing player: I always have the impression that my opponent receives more reinforcements than me, with better optics, a better sales for its men, prettier uniforms etc...).

The battles are brutal in all 3 tournaments, and really difficult. I registered for 3 tournaments and I'm lucky, since the 1st round I was able to finish all the battles on time, except for the 2nd round of CW, frustrating because the scenario was very good (nice map, variety of units), my opponent started to send me his turns in the last week.

In previous tournaments SF2, CW, I had a lot of ghost players.

The game is well advanced on RT, we obtain almost the same tactical result: the church resists and our 2 wings are blocked, no breakthrough.