The first Red Thunder Tournament has been announced

BFCElvis

34 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I don't remember for sure

16 minutes ago, Bootie said:

May be one of the ones I transferred from the old site.  

Do you have a name for the scenario?  Just curious as I think I KO'd 5 T34/85s in one PBEM turn recently, but not 6 - the boy Artkin did well...

Thinking about it, mine was in a stock F&R scenario.  And I still managed to lose by the end.

This one? 

Delaying Action at Ogledow Redux (thefewgoodmen.com)

The original battle begin with 2 Panthers vs a company of T-34/76, later more IS-2 will join the battle per mission briefing .

it's Panther vs T-34/76, but 6 knocked out tanks in one turn is still very impressive.

Too bad I am still waiting for my opponent upload his turn 0...

• 2 weeks later...

My 2nd round game was a bit strange. My opponent moved all his T-34/76s along the edge of the map board and disappeared. As soon as my King Tiger tanks showed up, all his T-34s were setup behind my King Tigers and destroyed them all.  Every one. 🤨

Edited by Probus

4 hours ago, Probus said:

My 2nd round game was a bit strange. My opponent moved all his T-34/76s along the edge of the map board and disappeared. As soon as my King Tiger tanks showed up, all his T-34s were setup behind my King Tigers and destroyed them all.  Every one. 🤨

I hope he did not place these up directly behind your reinforcement zone because that would not be cool.

And did you actually get King Tigers?  I got Tiger 1's (I figure we are all far enough into this that this is not a spoiler)

@BFCElvis any chance we can get extensions to these rounds of only 30 days? If not this rd then maybe next one? Its just not enough time. I see we're down to 10 days left now and may not finish my battles. Despite decent turn rates from my opponent. Fingers crossed he knows how to cease fire and the deadline to do so.

Slitherine is hurting their own tournaments with these short rds. I'm thinking the limit should be +10 to the battle time. So a 20 min battle gets 30 days or a 30 min battle gets 40 days.

4 hours ago, MeatEtr said:

@BFCElvis any chance we can get extensions to these rounds of only 30 days? If not this rd then maybe next one? Its just not enough time. I see we're down to 10 days left now and may not finish my battles. Despite decent turn rates from my opponent. Fingers crossed he knows how to cease fire and the deadline to do so.

Slitherine is hurting their own tournaments with these short rds. I'm thinking the limit should be +10 to the battle time. So a 20 min battle gets 30 days or a 30 min battle gets 40 days.

It looks like more days can be added. The question then is do we really want to? Both of my Normandy battles were finished last week. 

Do you think that 5 days is enough? Again, it seems like it can be adjusted but how much do we really want to adjust it?

27 minutes ago, Andrew Kulin said:

Might be good to add say 2 weeks to the third round as it looks like the round with a 30 day time limit would be ending on Christmas Eve.  A lot of players might be busy with all that seasonal stuff which coincides with Round 3 timing.

I'll ask to have 10 days added. That will start Round 3 10 days later. 

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

I'll ask to have 10 days added. That will start Round 3 10 days later. 

Yeah no harm in asking, thanks. Just looking for the law of averages. If you’’ve already finished or only 5 turns in then you’re both at opposite ends of the spectrum. Naturally we can’t cater to slow players. But also can’t consider fast (or lucky both in same time zone and similar schedules) players to be the norm. 

I’ve literally played hundreds of tournaments and campaigns in CM1 and 2 dating back over 20 yrs and don’t recall ever seeing such short deadlines. 

1 hour ago, MeatEtr said:

I’ve literally played hundreds of tournaments and campaigns in CM1 and 2 dating back over 20 yrs and don’t recall ever seeing such short deadlines. 

Our previous ones haven't been this short. The idea with this was to make 3 simultaneous quick tournaments and bang all 3 out as quickly as possible. 

On 11/14/2023 at 12:29 PM, MeatEtr said:

Yeah, really sorry for the late start. Unlucky that our times zones ended up so different, normally I would have no problem banging out a few turns a day. I was planning to contact you about finding a time I could stay up late and get some turn done. But now that some more days have been added that seems to solve it.

I agree some more days would be nice. Since sometimes you realistically can only do one turn a day due to time zones, and it is probable that you are going to miss a few days.

ps. Give that SMG gunner a medal. An entire mag of MG fire, my god what is that guy made of.

On 11/17/2023 at 11:11 AM, YppY said:

Yeah, really sorry for the late start. Unlucky that our times zones ended up so different, normally I would have no problem banging out a few turns a day. I was planning to contact you about finding a time I could stay up late and get some turn done. But now that some more days have been added that seems to solve it.

I agree some more days would be nice. Since sometimes you realistically can only do one turn a day due to time zones, and it is probable that you are going to miss a few days.

ps. Give that SMG gunner a medal. An entire mag of MG fire, my god what is that guy made of.

Hey welcome to the forums! It appears we'll both be getting about the same amount of points this round. Our Axis are losing both battles. My Panther ambush didn't turn out very well vs your IS2s and then your remaining 3 just steam rolled my Tigers.

I see you got only 2 Tigers left yourself, one immobilized and one kicking up a helluva smokescreen. Unless the mobile one can pull off some kind of a miracle this battle will be over soon too. I'll be cease firing my Axis side soon.