Combat Mission Grand Tournament

7 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

A little more information about the Grand Tournament:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1551160/view/3675555405727636618

The planned background editorial's and video's sound great for building immersion!

I'm not sure if I'm able to compete, I'm surely tempted but I don't want to perform another no-show like (I had to in) the last battle of the CSMF2 tournament. 

Love the tournament , but can we do it right ? mirror games do not work unless you can change the location of the mines or any unmovable fixed emplacement (like an 88AT) out side a setupzone  , can we please alter the setup of Dawn patrol? or any other scenario that has unmovable fixed emplacements? makes the games  more blind and competitive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2023 at 5:17 PM, weapon2010 said:

so why wasn't the German side in "Buying the Farm" altered for the tournament? 

Why would that be necessary? Buying the farm is one of the most balanced battles around: https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/buying-the-farm/b-15.htm?action=scenario&id=3583

The German player has very little option on his set up , no option on the barbed wire at all, and my personal opinion in mirror games you should give the defender maximum flexibility and the largest setup zones so the American is totally is completely in the fog about the defender's position , much more fun to allow the German to choose his defense and not have it provided for him. The same exact reason "Dawn Patrol" was modified.

On 10/4/2023 at 5:09 PM, weapon2010 said:

The German player has very little option on his set up , no option on the barbed wire at all, and my personal opinion in mirror games you should give the defender maximum flexibility and the largest setup zones so the American is totally is completely in the fog about the defender's position , much more fun to allow the German to choose his defense and not have it provided for him. The same exact reason "Dawn Patrol" was modified.

I totally agree.  Just paint a wide swath of real estate for the defender to set up as they see fit within.  Certainly not give hard-wired set up zones with trenches arranged like a trench set up.  Hard to surprise your opponent that way in a mirror match.

Some time in the next couple of hours Slitherine will be sending a "poke" email to all of the "no show" players. I am curious to see who gets this email. You may have played the first turn and your opponent never played theirs and you may get the email. Everyone, may get one regardless of whether or not you've played the Tournament turns. 

Same I got one this morning too even though all my games are moving along. Also received at 0903:

Hello Ian,

With the Grand tournament underway, You and your fellow fighters should be battling it out in the first round. Some of the games are already completed (well done!), some are ongoing and some are yet to get out of the blocks. For those of you who haven't started, or are yet to complete their round - Can you please make sure you have entered battle before the next round starts on the 25th. Otherwise face forfeit and humiliating defeat!

Well I don't want to be humiliated :)

14 hours ago, eniced73 said:

How and Where do you let them know you cannot continue round 2?  Dont want to start and leave my opponent without an opponent.

Thanks.

Are you playing Round 1 but dropping out and not playing Round 2? If so, contacting Matrix and asking if they can drop you before opponents are selected would be a good idea. 

When exactly does Round One end (date/time)? 

I am doing okay in CMBN and CMRT and should be finished those soon but my opponent and I are behind schedule on the CMCW games (which alsoi happened to be the longest).  We have to do a ceasefire in CMCW and it would be real helpful to know the deadline.

Thanks

25th October although depending on your timezone practically last day to submit rounds will be the 24th, it says for me it will end at 08:15 but i don't know if thats my timezone or not. Starting to look like I will not be completing my CW game either as our turn pace has slowed a bit hopefully we can get a cease fire before we run out of time and the tournament ends.

Edited by Suzuya

19 hours ago, Andrew Kulin said:

based on 3-1 outcomes

Thanks for the response, not sure what 3-1 outcomes mean?

So what you think is that it's better to CF to get more points.

As I have no idea who my oppo is and I can't get the in game chat working not sure if my oppo knows that.

Also it's not mentioned in the tournament text, if what you are saying is the best way to resolve not completing the games, which it really should be IMO.