Annual look at the year to come - 2023

@Artkin Just FYI if of any use to your needs...

I made a mod for CMRT to be France 1940 and ended up using the Kriegsmarine troops to be German heer infantry. They didn't have rifle grenades which suited my 1940 setting. They always had MG34 and very rare panzerfausts that can be split off as a 2-man AT team and sent to an "exit zone filter" or holding pen. Like you said 1-2 per platoon. 

6 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

@Artkin Just FYI if of any use to your needs...

I made a mod for CMRT to be France 1940 and ended up using the Kriegsmarine troops to be German heer infantry. They didn't have rifle grenades which suited my 1940 setting. They always had MG34 and very rare panzerfausts that can be split off as a 2-man AT team and sent to an "exit zone filter" or holding pen. Like you said 1-2 per platoon. 

I tried to use kriegsmarine as little as possible because of their different helmets, but yeah the marine shutzens are extremely bare. The heer have something similar. I forget the name but its one of the basic battalions, it's pure rifles and the leader has a smg. You could just add a mg34 team from the kriegsmarine and it would be a good squad. But you'd also be at 11 men I think. 

The hard/impossible part will be to do the soviets without an excess of DP machine guns.

No winning!

Edited by Artkin

18 minutes ago, Artkin said:

The hard/impossible part will be to do the soviets without an excess of DP machine guns.

It has been a while but I think I used Soviet Divisional Recon Company? Small squads with mostly rifles and an SMG and 1 DP LMG.

KRIEGSMARINE helmets. I just mod them to what I want to see.

18 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

It has been a while but I think I used Soviet Divisional Recon Company? Small squads with mostly rifles and an SMG and 1 DP LMG.

KRIEGSMARINE helmets. I just mod them to what I want to see.

Yeah that's always a possibility too, but cutting down on the mods would be my first priority. However I use your Barbarossa mods for the motorized/panzer divisions, no getting around that one!

Unfortunately I need a complete battalion, otherwise I'll be tripling the visual size of the TOE and it will be confusing/units will be out of c2 if I don't use whole battalions.

No winning without official support!

Edited by Artkin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 10:57 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Which means someone would need to pay us not only what it costs to make Barbarossa but also pay us what we could have earned if we made something else.  I can guarantee you guys that price would be quite high and sales from it wouldn't even put a dent in recovering development costs.

Just for fun, how much would that be?  Maybe I am independently wealthy and looking to spend my money on something fun!

If you were flush with investor tier cash it would probably be cheaper to ask how much it would cost to licence the engine to create a France 1940 project, as happened with CM Afghanistan. You would have to do the necessary 3D modelling and art work, as well as OOB, campaign and scenarios for the project. If you had a dedicated team you could ask Steve privately as to the cost of such a licence, if the subject is up for discussion. 

On 12/24/2023 at 10:01 AM, Harry Speakup said:

If you were flush with investor tier cash it would probably be cheaper to ask how much it would cost to licence the engine to create a France 1940 project, as happened with CM Afghanistan. You would have to do the necessary 3D modelling and art work, as well as OOB, campaign and scenarios for the project. If you had a dedicated team you could ask Steve privately as to the cost of such a licence, if the subject is up for discussion. 

I would like to support the BattleFront team, so I want to give them the money directly...

10 hours ago, wadepm said:

don't know if we would get enough. 

Years ago I tried a GoFundMe here. For that operational level game. I tried to prime the pump with $1000 of my own. It fizzled quick. No interest.  

Edit: my own mods help me bridge the gaps where BFC will never go. Imperfect as these mods are, I really enjoy them. The latest Korea 1950 has been tons of fun. Steve has written that he depends on modders to take the game where BFC will never take it. He gave an example of where he would never take it, he said Crete, so I made a mod for that the very next month. He never mentioned my name. BFC has never ever contacted me. All my requests or ideas for help from BFC to allow my mods to be better, like a special module with stuff, have been ignored.

Edited by kohlenklau

10 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

my own mods help me bridge the gaps where BFC will never go. Imperfect as these mods are, I really enjoy them. The latest Korea 1950 has been tons of fun. Steve has written that he depends on modders to take the game where BFC will never take it. 

IN your mods are you able to make new vehicles and not just reskin existing models?  Has anyone been able to do that outside of BFC?

1 hour ago, wadepm said:

IN your mods are you able to make new vehicles and not just reskin existing models?  Has anyone been able to do that outside of BFC?

I can do a variety of things that I call "fake lobster" but I cannot change the physics of the game code. 

Here is an example for CMFI Korea 1950...

CMFI does not have the T-34/85. I use various resources to decide my best option to deliver a "fake lobster" version of the T-34/85. One resource I find easy to use is the ASL game with its counters and rules.  This resource led me to decide to use the British Sherman IIA as the "host" for the "shell" 3D model from CMRT. The power of the gun, the armor strength, the crew size were a good enough "fake lobster" match.

Making new vehicles

I have also created new/hybrid/bastardized 3D models in a program called Blender to be the "shell" over a good enough "host". One example is a Hungarian armoured car called the Csaba. It had a turret stolen from vehicle X with guns from another vehicle Z, slapped on the hull from vehicle Y. 

85% fake lobster with melted butter fresh off the coast of Maine.

10 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

We could say the same thing about some of our customers, but hey... each to their own.

Steve

Nice to see that you are posting something useful when you are for or ones getting out of the Ukraine thread...

35 minutes ago, CarlXII said:

Nice to see that you are posting something useful when you are for or ones getting out of the Ukraine thread...

Responding to your pointless wining blather has never been useful in my view, but hey... each to his own.

Steve

13 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

We could say the same thing about some of our customers

The customer is king they used to say in the old country. Sad to say BF is stagnating and pointless to say computer games are a very competitive industry. Without doubt you are completely aware of it. I see less and less comments of the game designers here. The last game I bought I have not touched it in the last six months, it screams for up-to-date battle packs, but the never-ending talkfest about it is more important. 

Edited by chuckdyke