Cold War Holiday Tournament!!!

BFCElvis

24 minutes ago, rocketman said:

Accidentally moved to exit zones?

That could indeed be the case for the AA HQ now that I think of it :D (can't check at the moment), but not for the dismounted FDC vehicle as I can't move that one. Or did it spawn in the exit zone?

5 hours ago, Lethaface said:

@BFCElvis I noticed something strange, during the battle my USSR AA HQ (which had an Igla which is why I remembered) has disappeared. No casualty to be seen, plus there was no artillery / air / scouts in play yet when they did disappear. I ordered them (HQ + 2x Igla troopers) to dismount the BMP and later I couldn't find the HQ. 
On the US side there was an FDC vehicle, arriving dismounted. That has also disappeared, fwiw the FDC crew had perished by the time I noticed the vehicle disappeared.

Fortunately these have zero to none impact on the game played, but still strange so thought to mention it here.

Are you sure you didn't move them to the exit zones? Or through them?

18 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

Yeah for the hq that is probably what happened 😂. Objectives turned off as the only goal is destruction of enemies.

By the way, pretty sure exiting troops gives your opponent kill points. So better off keeping them on map, even though most will die anyway. 😆

2 hours ago, MeatEtr said:

By the way, pretty sure exiting troops gives your opponent kill points. So better off keeping them on map, even though most will die anyway. 😆

Hehe ok didn't know that. I have already exited most of my supply convoy, the rest probably won't make it there even if I'd ordered them 😅. They can take the exit to the eternal pixelbattle grounds.

On 3/14/2023 at 12:00 PM, MeatEtr said:

Wait, what?! We are punished for actually doing as the briefing said?

1 minute ago, Butschi said:

Wait, what?! We are punished for actually doing as the briefing said?

No but you're putting yourself at a disadvantage. 

If you were to complete the game (DON'T DO THAT) any units remaining on the map would count as casualties. Any units that have exited won't nor will they if you stop playing the battle before the end of turns (DO THIS). The disadvantage is that you don't have those units to inflict casualties. 

29 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

No but you're putting yourself at a disadvantage. 

If you were to complete the game (DON'T DO THAT) any units remaining on the map would count as casualties. Any units that have exited won't nor will they if you stop playing the battle before the end of turns (DO THIS). The disadvantage is that you don't have those units to inflict casualties. 

Alright, thanks for the clarification!

So we have seen a bunch of burning T-80B/M1 wreck.  How often do you see these beasts be killed by shot in front arc?

I saw one M1 destroyed by penetration at low front hull (at 150m distance).  T-80B's low front hull is a weak part, but its front upper hull and front turret are impenetrable to 105mm APFSDS and I-TOW.

On 3/25/2023 at 7:40 PM, Chibot Mk IX said:

So we have seen a bunch of burning T-80B/M1 wreck.  How often do you see these beasts be killed by shot in front arc?

Quite often, but they do indeed also manage to stop 105mm / TOW regularly. Usually it does better when it's fielded by opponents 😉

Although I had already congratulated @Free Whisky on discord, I thought to do it another time here. It was a close game, although not my favorite for a mirror tournament but after the TOW and Abrams came into play it became more interesting / dynamic. 

I see the top 5 of the tournament was very close, that's usually a good sign.

Although we're always critical most of it is constructively intended ;-), my thanks to @BFCElvis for organizing the tournament and the rest of the team for providing the scenario's ( @The_Capt @George MC @slysniper ). 👍

Edited by Lethaface

31 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

Although I had already congratulated @Free Whisky on discord, I thought to do it another time here. It was a close game, although not my favorite for a mirror tournament but after the TOW and Abrams came into play it became more interesting / dynamic. 

I see the top 5 of the tournament was very close, that's usually a good sign.

Although we're always critical most of it is constructively intended ;-), my thanks to @BFCElvis for organizing the tournament and the rest of the team for providing the scenario's ( @The_Capt @George MC @slysniper ). 👍

You are very much welcome.  FYI the scenario I did up for the tourney is on a Pete W creation for CMCW BAOR - a bit of a teaser.  The scenario planned for it is very different (first off there will be Canadians on it) but we thought putting one out there for the tourney would be kinda cool.

4 hours ago, IanL said:

Nice @The_Capt . Congratulations to Kees, @Lethaface, gfs26 who came in the top three. @MeatEtr was close and I finished middle of the pack (to be fair to me I lost a few points when my opponent surrendered, awww well).

Yeah I got very unlucky in the last several turns which allowed gfs26 to slide into my 3rd place. An unbelievable M1 that held out through several side shots from ATGM rockets and RPGs. Oh well, poop happens, they’ll be many more of these tourneys. Not to mention the scoring system getting fixed from here on out. 👍

Now onto the new CMSF2 tourney firing up April 6th.

Edited by MeatEtr

12 hours ago, MeatEtr said:

Yeah I got very unlucky in the last several turns which allowed gfs26 to slide into my 3rd place. An unbelievable M1 that held out through several side shots from ATGM rockets and RPGs. Oh well, poop happens, they’ll be many more of these tourneys. Not to mention the scoring system getting fixed from here on out. 👍

Now onto the new CMSF2 tourney firing up April 6th.

The third place should have been your... Ok, i didn't played this scenario before, and in the first turns I was massacred by Russian Tanks and IFV... Then maybe you took too many risks (but with this broken scoring system what else to have bit of fun ?) and my last Tank survived, immobilized, to multiple shots, evend destroying a Russian tank and some IFVs. Sorry for my slow turn rate about 10 days ago... unfortunately I had some health problems that made me very difficult to send my turns back.

7 hours ago, jackal263 said:

The third place should have been your... Ok, i didn't played this scenario before, and in the first turns I was massacred by Russian Tanks and IFV... Then maybe you took too many risks (but with this broken scoring system what else to have bit of fun ?) and my last Tank survived, immobilized, to multiple shots, evend destroying a Russian tank and some IFVs. Sorry for my slow turn rate about 10 days ago... unfortunately I had some health problems that made me very difficult to send my turns back.

Your turn rate was still pretty good, no worries. Hope your health issues are resolved for you. Thanks for the game and good luck in the next one. Good times! 👍

• BFCElvis unpinned this topic
  • 9 months later...