Cold War Holiday Tournament!!!

BFCElvis

On 2/19/2023 at 10:39 AM, rocketman said:

Did you get help from your Hinds? I have had them buzzing around for most of the battle and not yet once have they fired, nor been fired upon (though I don't know if the oppo Anti-Air gun is alive or not).

No nothing, one got shot down! The other one was suppose to come in the last several mins, shortly after KOing the Vulcan. So was excited but for an unknown reason the order was cancelled or called off. Same thing happen to most my US air support. Since I don’t use air support much, anybody know why this happens? Thought it was weather related but it’s only a mist in this scenario.

Edited by MeatEtr

During the last few turns the Hinds attacked two targets, one successful hit on a Bradley and a suspected hit on an Abrams moving just out of view. Got several attacks from my US CAS (had them in the air most of the battle and Soviet Shilka fired only once and two Igla launches) that hit several targets and missed some. And unfortunately some Blue on Blue infantry losses :(

2 hours ago, George MC said:

Just watched my own attack helos shoot up one of my Bradleys and remounting infantry...🤢

Sent back another turn... i hope i did it right, because time left (me as Russian player) reported 1 min left when i pressed the red button... in the other battle it reported 2 min left, so i didn't notice immediately... It is a bit confusing if we must stop when it is 1 min left or zero min left... anyway, thanks for the great battle... that was a massacre... with Russian you almost succeded in the first sudden attack... i didn't expect an attack so early... my attack with Russians was decimated by your airplanes (i remember 4 to 6 IFV or Tanks destroyed), even if i think i killed 4 Abrams and the 2 TOWs vehicles... but i forgot there was a 5th Abrams tank :)  

8 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

The_Capt used a map that was made for the Cold War module. The location of the battle is outside the Cold War area of operations. 

Lol I just checked the forums after busy workweek (not finished yet unfortunately) to find this news posted a few minutes ago, CM:MiddleEast 73 confirmed! :D

Edited by Lethaface

That's just a wild guess after googling Jazreel and Israel came up. 

To be fair it's not a German sounding name and I had actually downloaded the scenario but never even contemplated the egg was in the scenario name lol. Well played. If it's indeed a CM featuring in the middle east during 70s I guess that will get a lot of people hyped. Most of the resources (terrain, vehicles) should be there so why not? :D

3 hours ago, jackal263 said:

Sent back another turn... i hope i did it right, because time left (me as Russian player) reported 1 min left when i pressed the red button... in the other battle it reported 2 min left, so i didn't notice immediately... It is a bit confusing if we must stop when it is 1 min left or zero min left... anyway, thanks for the great battle... that was a massacre... with Russian you almost succeded in the first sudden attack... i didn't expect an attack so early... my attack with Russians was decimated by your airplanes (i remember 4 to 6 IFV or Tanks destroyed), even if i think i killed 4 Abrams and the 2 TOWs vehicles... but i forgot there was a 5th Abrams tank :)  

Aye both turns ended on a bang! I might have been tad too optimistic with my last gasp Soviet attack...

Yeah really enjoyed that thank you - you kept me on my toes. I thought I'd got the jump in the Soviet attack but you soon shut down any advantage I might have gained. Oh and you made large holes in my Blue defense when you played as Soviets. My surviving M1 (with some help from the Brads and Dragons) did the job though. I was pulling back out of the village to avoid your arty and infiltrating infantry and screwed up my timings hence losing some guys and a Brad to my own helos. Yeah great fight thanks. Awra best with the next round :)

3 hours ago, Chibot Mk IX said:

I was wondering why there is no return file for more than one week. And today I loaded CMCW again. 

Crap! My opponent has returned his turn a while ago, but I didn't get the email notification. 😐

Whew. My opponent hasn't returned one of my files. It has about 6 minutes left. You had me worried. 😬

18 hours ago, Chibot Mk IX said:

I was wondering why there is no return file for more than one week. And today I loaded CMCW again. 

Crap! My opponent has returned his turn a while ago, but I didn't get the email notification. 😐

Sometimes throughout my battles I didn't receive notifications either. Checked spam folder every day too. Looks like a bug in the PBEM++ system.

I'll let Slitherine know that the email notifications have been spotty. 

This battle has been nuts. I don't think that my opponent is on our forums. Our battles are coming right down to the wire.

Round 2 will end today. I think at 17:15GMT

(Going dark for a bit. @Warts 'n' all, I'm seeing my boy Elvis tonight in Atlantic City. Pretty stoked.)

7 hours ago, rocketman said:

Sometimes throughout my battles I didn't receive notifications either. Checked spam folder every day too. Looks like a bug in the PBEM++ system.

I don't like PBEM++ system, but usually I get an on-time notification. For years I play pike & shots, FOG 2 and FCSS on PBEM++ and this is the first time I didn't get a notification email. Not sure if this PBEM++ problem is only occurred with  CMCW

18 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Going dark for a bit. @Warts 'n' all, I'm seeing my boy Elvis tonight in Atlantic City. Pretty stoked.)

Being strictly a BFC WW2 titles player only, I was a bit puzzled as to why my name would appear in this thread.

I hope that you had a great time.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

5 hours ago, MeatEtr said:

Come to think of it, I think I did miss one or two emails. So this issue does appear to be pretty rare.

But yeah Round 3 started today, good luck everybody! Im facing off vs @gfs26 which apparently is not on the site. At least not under that name.

Hi ! I'm here as Jackal263 (was my nickname on the FGM... we also played a battle there, long time ago, Overlord Campaign ). Have a good fight ! We can exchange message here, in case of any need.

1 hour ago, cargol said:

I checked the rankings and I saw that my opponent in 2nd battle got some 9000 points for the battle in which we did not play. I posted about it earlier on. I think that this tourney thingie is more like a farce. Such a shame.

We just need to be patient, keep reporting bugs and let them fix 'em, one at a time. Having to work with a third party is prolly quite difficult.