Cold War Holiday Tournament!!!

BFCElvis

Yep, quite strange.  I received file number 3 from one of the two games. When I  loaded it, it asked for a password which, obviously shouldn't be the case. When I 've checked load-saved games in the game panel, I've noticed a file named 'Alby vs Kilroy large 005 '', which I suppose it is from another game of my opponent. Now, I do not know if @ALBYhad a PBEM++ game with another opponent, and somehow this got mixed with our tourney games. The moment that @ALBY told me that he replayed the game the saved file 'Alby vs Kilroy large 005 '' disappeared from my saved games panel. 

@BFCElvis FYI

Edited by cargol

25 minutes ago, cargol said:

Yep, quite strange.  I received file number 3 from one of the two games. When I  loaded it, it asked for a password which, obviously shouldn't be the case. When I 've checked load saved games in the game  panel, I've noticed a file named 

'Alby vs Kilroy large 005 '', which I suppose it is from another  game of my opponent.

Now, I do not know if @ALBYhad a PBEM++ game with another opponent, and somehow this got mixed with our tourney games. The moment that @ALBY told me that he replayed the game that saved file 'Alby vs Kilroy large 005 '' disappeared from my saved games panel. 

@BFCElvis FYI

Oye! The humanity! 😵

I hope they can figure it out.

48 minutes ago, cargol said:

Yep, quite strange.  I received file number 3 from one of the two games. When I  loaded it, it asked for a password which, obviously shouldn't be the case. When I 've checked load-saved games in the game panel, I've noticed a file named 'Alby vs Kilroy large 005 '', which I suppose it is from another game of my opponent. Now, I do not know if @ALBYhad a PBEM++ game with another opponent, and somehow this got mixed with our tourney games. The moment that @ALBY told me that he replayed the game the saved file 'Alby vs Kilroy large 005 '' disappeared from my saved games panel. 

@BFCElvis FYI

Do you use CMHelper?

3 hours ago, cargol said:

@BFCElvis FYI

Not an expert on PBEM++. but I heard my friend talked about a very similar issue in a different game. Flashpoint Campaign Southern Storm. It looks like PBEM++ will leave a seed file on our save folder to help reading the game later. Sometime this seed might be corrupted. So he remove all the save file into a different folder. Unload the turn from PBEM++ again, then everything goes back to normal.

Hope that helps

6 hours ago, ALBY said:

I somehow have 6520 points in round 2 on the slitherine scorebord ?  I’ve played 1 minute of one match and have not fired my weapons.

Something is not right here. 

Same thing here, I got 14000 points in one game but as I did not see the turn reply I do not know how that happened.

8 hours ago, Chibot Mk IX said:

Not an expert on PBEM++. but I heard my friend talked about a very similar issue in a different game. Flashpoint Campaign Southern Storm. It looks like PBEM++ will leave a seed file on our save folder to help reading the game later. Sometime this seed might be corrupted. So he remove all the save file into a different folder. Unload the turn from PBEM++ again, then everything goes back to normal.

Hope that helps

The save folder includes just an ''ordinary'' file from an ongoing normal PBEM game.

12 hours ago, ALBY said:

I somehow have 6520 points in round 2 on the slitherine scorebord ?  I’ve played 1 minute of one match and have not fired my weapons.

Something is not right here. 

You probably get points for non exited Soviet units, this is for the US side right? But I'm just guessing...

Probably a consequence of that file mixup issue. At the very least you guys still got points for this round if it isn't fixable 🤣

@jheinrichk Abrams surviving a close range partial penetration front lower hull by 125 APFSDS. I guess the driver needs new set of undies, at least he doesn't need to open the hatch to throw the old ones out. 

1 hour ago, ALBY said:

I have yet to see the Russian side of this mirror 

I have sent whatever files came to me (except the one which requested a password and then  disappeared after you said that you ll replay it). I didnt receive any file(s) since then, so  I am afraid I cannot do much.

2 hours ago, rocketman said:

You probably get points for non exited Soviet units, this is for the US side right? But I'm just guessing...

If I am not mistaken exit points(for either side) are awarded only if the battles are finished, so unless for some weird reason the tourney system considers the games are over it shouldn't be the case. And if so, points awarded should be equal for both players which is not the case. I got 14005 and my opponent got 5470.

The point differential is probably because I can’t deploy my Soviets and the game is frozen at turn 4.   It looks like they awarded cargol points for all my units.  

again, the turn requires a password and I did not set one per instructions.  

Is there an official reporting system for these things ?

I guess I will just play the US side of this…

46 minutes ago, ALBY said:

The point differential is probably because I can’t deploy my Soviets and the game is frozen at turn 4.   It looks like they awarded cargol points for all my units.  

US side receives points for non-exited units only when the game is finished, so this is not the case.

Moreover, the exit points theory does not explain how you got the 6400 points as the Russian side.

I will wait for the BFC guys to see if they can sort it out.

9 minutes ago, ALBY said:

If I try to play the turn, it leaves a file ‘player b vs cargol 053’ in my inbox. 

This is strange as indeed I have an ongoing game with a chap called ''player b'' but the last turn we ve played is the'' player b vs cargol 052'' which is the file I ve sent him and never received the 053 turn. Was this the case also for your game against Kilroy? Were you waiting for number 005 (which was the one that appeared in my save menu)?

Edited by cargol

3 hours ago, ALBY said:

I think you already got in contact with the official reporting 'system' @BFCElvis😉

Perhaps the 'Who's turn is it' interfered with the PBEM++ functionality? @IanL wrote that AFAIK (as in wrote the code). Maybe he can theorize about it with some more evidence/knowledge.

Edited by Lethaface

4 hours ago, Lethaface said:

Perhaps the 'Who's turn is it' interfered with the PBEM++ functionality? @IanL wrote that AFAIK (as in wrote the code).

WTII will notice that a file has been downloaded when you are playing the turn. As long as you do not tell WTII to so start managing that file it will do nothing. Even if you do I highly doubt it will cause a problem because it will copy the file but not delete anything right away.

Regardless don't tell WTII to manage a PBEM+ game file. You will be confused and so will WTII.

I have had some weird interferance from CM Helper. Earlier it recognized a game called "Round 2" but not more than that, so I let it be. However, after completing the most recent turn and was about to save it, the file save name changed from the usual "Scenario name ###" to this:

image.jpeg.3e226b785da40428865780ff214c28ef.jpeg

The suggested save file was "Round 2 013 ww1" so I deleted the last bit and it seemed to save properly. Have notified my oppo and asked for verification that all is well. I have no idea why this happened now as I have had CM Helper open all the time before as I have another game going.