How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

1 hour ago, hcrof said:

What about one of these:

https://www.oxfordplastics.com/en-gb/products/road-plates-and-trench-covers?creative=691002070264&keyword=road plate&matchtype=p&network=g&device=m&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwte-vBhBFEiwAQSv_xe3vbGdg50Rqi9Uihv0Sm1aYi4058J_7THowlj6MwRzeDoB-LTA_YxoCUbUQAvD_BwE

It certainly won't stop a bullet (bullets are really good at penetrating stuff!) but will support enough soil to do so and is super quick to install. 

But it would remain a niche use case since wood is cheaper and less flammable...

It is sort of a sign that the standard colors are yellow and blue. Certainly it would be excellent for the walls and roof of a position with some sandbags/dirt over the top. Whether it makes any sense cost wise is a another question. I am guessing the troops would appreciate the inherent water proofing though.

2 hours ago, The_Capt said:

I am pretty sure this sentiment has been expressed every time in history a disruptive technology hit the battlefield.  “Damn gunpowder/cannon/muskets/rifles/machineguns/baloons/aircraft/tanks etc, war is hard enough why can’t things just go back to the way they were?”

The good news is that I am not sure we have hit a change in the nature of warfare yet…maybe…. Character shifts we can deal with.  We are still reeling from the last nature shift back in 1945.  Another one so soon could break us.

No way, never!

Oh wait I was just watching Shogun....

Not sure if you are old enough for this @The_Capt

10 minutes ago, LongLeftFlank said:

Harumph!  Richard Chamberlain: accept no substitutes! (he's dreamy)

Fare thee well O ye Barbary merchants....

OT, but I know one of the DPs from the new version. It's done a really good job. He spoke very highly of the creative process. 

3 hours ago, Haiduk said:

Day cadres from this place - UKR operators laugh over Russian driver, who sits near the pound and probably thinks how much money HQ will grab from him for sunken vehicle and how much strong he will be fu....d. 

"Oh BTR of the lake, tell me your wisdom: how to get the hell out of here?"

1 hour ago, Maciej Zwolinski said:

"Oh BTR of the lake, tell me your wisdom: how to get the hell out of here?"

I don't think he liked the answer...

He would try to surrender if he had any sense. Better to be the butt of a Ukrainian joke than the butt of a Russian rifle, which I am pretty sure he is going to get if the platoon/company commander catches up with him.

Edited by dan/california

4 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Russians are showing this?  That's rather stupid.  I mean, I'm not surprised, but still.

That's a lot of effort for a one time decoy.

Steve

They're trying to show off their abilities so they can get set-dressing jobs in Hollywood and get out of Ukraine.

19 minutes ago, Carolus said:

Great news after another night of Russian bombardment...

I think this part of the news article says it all:

The US objections come as Biden faces a tough re-election battle this year with petrol prices on the rise, increasing almost 15 per cent this year to around $3.50 a gallon.

“Nothing terrifies a sitting American president more than a surge in pump prices during an election year,” said Bob McNally, president of consultancy Rapidan Energy and a former White House energy adviser.

I'm guessing this joint statement from the three Russian volunteer forces means the current operation is concluded:
https://t.me/russvolcorps/934

Joint statement of the Russian Volunteer Corps, the Legion “Freedom of Russia” and the Siberian Battalion on the results of a limited military operation in the Belgorod and Kursk regions.

Our liberation movement once again demonstrated the strength and power of the spirit and weapons of the Russian volunteer and the weakness of the Putin regime. Together with our comrades, we proved to the whole world that Putin is losing control over the situation more and more every day and is no longer able to protect even the borders of his own country.

The Russian militia liberated two settlements from the Putin regime in a few days. Putin’s army lost a huge amount of equipment and over a thousand of its soldiers, whom they threw in panic to be slaughtered under our guns. But as a result, even at a critical moment for his power - the days of the presidential elections, Putin’s entire army was unable to resist us.
The Kremlin failed to hold elections in areas where real war was taking place.
Citizens of the Belgorod and Kursk regions did not go to the polling stations under the bombs of Putin's aircraft and artillery fire. No one in their right mind will be able to claim after this that Putin was “elected” legally.

Vladimir Putin has lost the remnants of his legitimacy, power is slipping from his hands. He controls fewer and fewer processes in Russia, Russians see this and more and more compatriots are joining our ranks. Soon we will go to other cities.

We call on Russians from all countries to join us and fight together against the Putin dictatorship. Only with arms in hand, being together, we will definitely win and create a new Russia: a strong, peaceful and respected country, of which there is no shame in being a citizen.

Our fight continues! There will be new victories!

7 hours ago, dan/california said:

I don't think he liked the answer...

He would try to surrender if he had any sense. Better to be the butt of a Ukrainian joke than the butt of a Russian rifle, which I am pretty sure he is going to get if the platoon/company commander catches up with him.

On a more serious note, one of the few things which could explain this refusal to surrender which sometimes borders on madness is the belief that Russia will eventually win and all prisoners will be repatriated like von Pannwitz' Cossacks and will meet a similar fate to the repatriated von Pannwitz Cossacks.

That, or those particular soldiers who refuse to surrender are guilty of attrocities and are afraid of Ukrainian revenge more than anything.

58 minutes ago, Maciej Zwolinski said:

refusal to surrender which sometimes borders on madness

To add, there are now 50 videos from drones filming russians end themselfs, I think 4 new videos just the last 7 days. The frequency has been increasing steadily.

----

Also first filmed instance of an african/cuban mercenary receiving his paycheck for early retirement♻️

Screenshot-20240322-095955-Gallery.jpg

And while this human garbage comes to kill for riches

Screenshot-20240322-100716-Gallery.jpg

Anastasia, a medical officer, gave her life trying to pull a wounded comrade from the 67th ombr to safety.

Edited by Kraft