How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

MilitaryLand has updated their map and it once again includes Ukrainian unit positions:

https://militaryland.net/maps/deployment-map/

Positions are supposedly as of yesterday (Sept 10th), but I expect it is more reflective of how the day started rather than ended.  And of course there's been dramatic changes today that aren't shown.

Steve

5 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

MilitaryLand has updated their map and it once again includes Ukrainian unit positions:

https://militaryland.net/maps/deployment-map/

Positions are supposedly as of yesterday (Sept 10th), but I expect it is more reflective of how the day started rather than ended.  And of course there's been dramatic changes today that aren't shown.

Steve

Already dated. They don't have Izium taken and it's been in UA hands for a least a day. 

1 hour ago, Huba said:

What officials say:

I think this is the only position for Ukraine to take right now.  Why would they make concessions before they even start talking?  especially when RU military is in collapse and there's always strong chance of political collapse.

4 minutes ago, billbindc said:

Already dated. They don't have Izium taken and it's been in UA hands for a least a day. 

Yup!  LiveMap has a much better and far more current picture of the frontline, including marking a huge swath of territory as neutral at the moment.  However, it doesn't track unit positions.  I flip back and forth between the two.

BTW, we haven't given a shout out to the TD units enough!  These guys are advancing with minimal support, just like they did in the earlier Kharkiv counter offensive.  The TD units might have their shortcomings and limitations, but they are infantry.  I'm sure they are quite happily marching forward, thus freeing up the regular units to keep the fight going in other areas.

Another bunch of books yet to be written is about Ukraine's use of TDs.

Steve

Just now, danfrodo said:

I think this is the only position for Ukraine to take right now.  Why would they make concessions before they even start talking?  especially when RU military is in collapse and there's always strong chance of political collapse.

And as long as there's a fair possibility of political collapse, it's going to be better to wait for the new regime, because there's no reason to believe they'd honor agreements of the old one.  Particularly in the case of Russia.

28 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Operators of 8th SOF regiment captured in Kharkiv oblast full set of Orlan-10 complex - drones, control station, antennas and documentation. UAVs belonged to 15th army aviation brigade of 6th AF/AD Army, Western military districst

I think, after some researches, our EW assets could be more easily to supress theese UAVs.

Зображення

Зображення

It's probably already on its way to Maryland.

1 minute ago, chrisl said:

It's probably already on its way to Maryland.

I bet they had one before the Russian Army did.  Corruption is a fun thing to work with ;)

Seriously though, Ukraine has captured a lot of the drones themselves in this war.  They've even allowed third parties to dissect them to see where all the components came form (countries of origin, factories, etc.).  The base stations, though, that might be new. 

Steve

4 minutes ago, akd said:

@sburke @Kinophile

Lt. Col. Pavel Matashuk, unknown 49th CAA unit.  Killed by HIMARS while crossing Antonovsky Bridge:

Reformatted old joke:

Doctor doctor!  It hurts when I cross a bridge!  What should I do?

Don't cross the bridge.

Thank you, thank you.  I'm here all night.  Don't forget to tip the waitstaff!

Steve

23 minutes ago, Beleg85 said:

Interesting

I think the missile strike on Ukrainian power plants is response to this phone call. Similar like the strike on Kyiv when Guterres travel from Moscow to Kyiv or the strike on Odesa Harbor after grain route agreement. It is a mafian goon behavior. And western politics are humiliated again and again.

I think the missile strike on Ukrainian power plants is response to this phone call. Similar like strike on Kyiv when Guterres travel from Moscow to Kyiv or Strike on Odesa Harbor after grain route agreement. It is a mafian goon behavior. And western politics are humiliated again and again.

Edited by pavel.k

30 minutes ago, Beleg85 said:

Interesting

Macron asks Putin to withdraw Russian heavy and light weapons from Zaporizhia
French President Emmanuel Macron told his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin that "the Russian occupation [was] the cause of the risks" hanging over the Zaporizhia nuclear power plant and asked him to remove "the weapons heavy and light”, announced the Elysée in a press release.

Emmanuel Macron "will remain in contact" with his Ukrainian counterpart, Volodymyr Zelensky, as well as with the Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Rafael Grossi, "and will speak again" to Vladimir Putin "in the coming days, so that an agreement can be reached guaranteeing the safety of the plant", added the French presidency.

Previously, the Kremlin had announced that Vladimir Putin had warned Emmanuel Macron, in a telephone call, against the "catastrophic consequences" of "regular Ukrainian attacks" against this power plant, the largest in Europe. During this call, Emmanuel Macron also “condemned the continuation of Russian military operations in Ukraine and recalled his demand that they cease as soon as possible, that negotiations begin and that sovereignty and territorial integrity be restored. of Ukraine", according to the Elysée.

Emmanuel Macron also recalled "that European sanctions do not apply to agricultural products or to those essential to agriculture". “He asked President Putin to ensure that the agreement reached by Russia with Ukraine and Turkey (…) is implemented in such a way that the grain exported goes to those who need it the most. more urgent", added the French presidency.

The July 22 deal in Istanbul unblocked Ukrainian wheat and maize exports across the Black Sea, hitherto hampered by the Russian military offensive, sparking fears of a food crisis. But Russia says its own food and fertilizer exports continue to suffer from Western sanctions targeting Moscow for its military intervention.

On Wednesday, the Russian leader said that Ukrainian exports went mainly to Europe and not to poor countries.

Source : Le Monde

1 hour ago, Harmon Rabb said:

When RU can't beat UKR on the battlefield RU take their anger out on the civilian population. This pattern seems to be consistent.

It's also a result of their comparatively craopy isr. They do t know where the UKR C2 nodes are so they hit what they do know isn't mobile -  civilian infrastructure. 

Which, of course,  does nothing to stop the advance. 

Recently Murz wrote that Russian MoD is going to take D-20 howitzers from LDPR units for Russian army usage and give them instead something... old... There were thoughts it can be ML-20 howitzers, but no. D-1 howitzer of 1943. About 700 were stored on 2017. Unknown what their conditions and what condition of ammo for it. As I know they could fire with later Soviet shells

In Red Army D-1 was intended for corps artillery regiments

152-мм гаубица Д-1 | Армии и Солдаты. Военная энциклопедия

LDPR artillerists ask each other where to get artilllery tables and manuals for theese howitzers

Зображення

Edited by Haiduk