How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

Today is clear in southwest France and the sky is full of airplanes from east westbound, that is a most unusual path for the commercial airlines here, and the flight radar apps doesn’t show them, I think they are military jets coming from Poland returning to USA after emptying their cargo there.

6 minutes ago, Desertor said:

Today is clear in southwest France and the sky is full of airplanes from east westbound, that is a most unusual path for the commercial airlines here, and the flight radar apps doesn’t show them, I think they are military jets coming from Poland returning to USA after emptying their cargo there.

Seems a bit of a stretch tbh. Don’t think that’s the right flight path for anything US bound. They normally head NW on the shortest path over the globe. I think SW France, or anywhere in France, is too far south to be anywhere near a flight path from Poland to US.

14 minutes ago, Maquisard manqué said:

Seems a bit of a stretch tbh. Don’t think that’s the right flight path for anything US bound. They normally head NW on the shortest path over the globe. I think SW France, or anywhere in France, is too far south to be anywhere near a flight path from Poland to US.

Well, maybe they aren’t coming from Poland then, but there is nowhere to land in this direction other than North America.

Hi all :)
I've been following this awesome thread since the beginning. Thanks to you I was able to "reassure" my family/friends that this war will not last long and Russia will lose. It was hard to convince all of them, because here in Italy, there is the "might" of Russian army and all news speak in favour of Russia anyway. I was wondering one thing however, does anyone knows what happened to the russian army in
Transnistria? Today I read (on italian news paper) that a 12km long convoy was leaving that region, to "strike" Ukraine. Is there any good info about it?

Grazie :)

7 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Good video.  Obviously this is the equivalent of Russian media, but without the lying :D

There are two things in this video that have interested me for the last day or two:

1.  The small (in this case thick) circle is a new variation I've seen now a few times.  One of the vehicles I first saw it on is now in Izyum, likely from a unit withdrawn from Belarus.

2.  The Russian food seems to be improvised.  Looks like standard takeout plastic containers, probably from a unit kitchen unit.  I've seen these before in the Kiev wrecks.  Not really significant, just interesting to me.

Steve

This is old video for 4-6th of March, when Russians advanced on Brovary, east from Kyiv. There is incorrect translation in subs. It says "We took it of the gravel pit", but Indeed the farmer pointed the name of village, from which BTR was taken - Hrebel'ky. I don't know, why "gravel pit", the name of village  means some kind of "little weirs" :)

About Russian MREs, our soldiers inspected it, most of their packeted food is a cheapest junk made of low quality raw materials, palm oil, diffrent chemical components like "with a taste identical to natural". Here is other possible reason why they robbed our supermarkets and houses and then told in phone calls what superb and jammy food in Ukraine, including ice-cream. I wonder what then terrible ice-cream can be in Russia if I consider  most of our ice-creams very poor in comparison with Italian )  

Edited by Haiduk

10 hours ago, chris talpas said:

Want to add my thanks as well for the excellent analysis provided by TheCapt and Steve

You are very welcome.  However the real hero we have had on this thread and deserves the thanks is @Haiduk.  He stayed in country, scoured Ukraine social media, and translated from day 1.  Without that contribution, along with all the others who have been scanning open source, we would have been blind on all this.

21 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

You are very welcome.  However the real hero we have had on this thread and deserves the thanks is @Haiduk.  He stayed in country, scoured Ukraine social media, and translated from day 1.  Without that contribution, along with all the others who have been scanning open source, we would have been blind on all this.

Ahah, thanks, you make me blush ) I would be a hero, if did this from Chernihiv or Kharkiv, but Kyiv was relatively safe place, despite heavy sounds of artillety and MLRS and sometime missiles booms in the sky 

Edited by Haiduk

1 hour ago, The_Capt said:

Indeed many many thanks to @Haiduk for his reports, and on the scene insights.  You have added so much to this thread.  We are all in your debt!