How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

The second Russian pilot, ejected over Chernihiv oblast was found dead (but maybe our guys assited him...). This is mayor Krivolapov.

Crew of their jet participated in barabarical bombings in Syria

Captured pilot have a photo with Bashar Assad

Зображення

Both was from 2nd mixed aviation regiment (former 6980th airbase), Shagol airfield, Cheliabinsk oblast. The regiment since 2019 was rearmed from Su-24/24MR on Su-34

Edited by Haiduk

45 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Captured pilot have a photo with Bashar Assad

Initially I thought that was a "fake" picture of the portly gentleman. "That's never a pilot! He'd fail his physical, surely." Do I have a too-Hollywood mental image of pilots? 

1 minute ago, womble said:

Initially I thought that was a "fake" picture of the portly gentleman. "That's never a pilot! He'd fail his physical, surely." Do I have a too-Hollywood mental image of pilots? 

I thought the same thing. Not exactly Tom Cruise. But then again, in a modern jet fighter, experience probably counts for much more than physical fitness.

Russian aerial strike 3rd of March on Chernihiv residential area. In happened at 8:00, when curfew was lifted and many people gathered near pharmacy, which has been preparing to opening. There were direct hits in the buildings and the street. 47 KIA. Maybe you will understand why we don't want to take Russian pilots or artillery crews alive...

The first minutes after strike (graphic video!)

...Some later, the huge damage in tall building after bomb impact have seen

Edited by Haiduk

2 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

I thought the same thing. Not exactly Tom Cruise. But then again, in a modern jet fighter, experience probably counts for much more than physical fitness.

I thought the pilots of the fast-movers (and that'd include the SU-34 if that's what he bailed from) had to be able to function in high-G situations and have outstanding reactions. Both of those things are characteristics of young, fit people, not ageing, pot-bellied fellows.

I have to wonder why he's still flying combat missions at his age, really.

4 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Russian aerial strike 3rd of March on Chernihiv residential area.

Of course, the Russians will claim that there had been UA assets there, firing out and their strike was aimed at the military only. Funny how their counterstrikes are always too slow in these situations to catch the "provoking" units.

Lying liars, they are.

British journalists attacked in Ukraine, one shot
A British television team was attacked earlier this week around Kiev, one of the journalists was shot and wounded, their employer, the Sky News television channel, announced.

Their car was hit by bullets as it headed for the Ukrainian capital on Monday, said the channel, which only made the news public on Friday evening, after its team repatriated to the United Kingdom, and released the images.

The journalist, Stuart Ramsay, was shot in the lower back. A cameraman, fleeing from the car, was also hit by two bullets, but his bulletproof vest protected him.

The five members of the team, including the injured man, managed to flee, while shouting that they were journalists, towards a nearby factory whose men opened a door for them and waved them in. “The bullets were cascading all over the car, the windows, the windshield, the seats, the steering wheel, everything was completely disintegrated,” wrote Stuart Ramsay on his return.

According to Sky News, a Russian "sabotage commando" is suspected to be responsible for the attack. “We were very lucky. But thousands of Ukrainians are dying, and the Russians are targeting families. We were in an ordinary car when they attacked us. »

1 hour ago, Haiduk said:

Russian missile hit Bila Tserkva town, Kyiv oblast residential area.

Біла-Церква-05.03.22-1

bila-czerkva-05.03.22-3.jpg

In Zhytomyr Russian missiles hit local tank-repair factory administrative building, 2 injured

В Житомирі бронетанковий завод потрапив під російський авіаудар, є поранені

Also yesterday in Zhytomyr, enemy missile destroyed the school

e4d40a9-zhytomyr690.jpg

It's worth noting that Zhytomyr and Bila Tserkva aren't anywhere close to the ground battles - so russians fully expected people to try and live a somewhat normal life, incl. perhaps taking kids to school.

There's just no excuse, no "american drone operator" - it's another straight warcrime in a long streak of warcrimes that will keep on going with the West showing fear every step of the way - at least give us those planes.

Edited by kraze

Hey guys, you managed to lure out another long time reader only.

First of, I want to thank you for all the insights and explanations! Very informative. Currently, I am still a bit worried that MR Putin and his Gang have much bigger goals and don't hesitate to throw nukes around, but only time will tell. So far, the bundeswehr isn't ready.
In the German defense podcast "Sicherheitspod" that is released monthly by members of the European Council on Foreign Relations, the university of the bundeswehr in Munich and a German journalist specialized on defense, one guy said that of the 100 billion Euros 30-40 billion are needed to get basic supplies like ammo, plate carriers and other stuff in order to achieve the NATO goal of a 30 day war stockpile of supply, so that rules out a short term NATO intervention.

Regarding the shot down pilot. The guy who is alive looks to be a bit out of shape. You have to wonder how he is able to sustain high g maneuvers.
I am also wondering why the Russians still field all the different T- series tanks that put extra pressure on the logistics. If i was in charge, I would have gradually replaced especially the T80s with upgraded t72 tanks and put more money into crew training or logistics 😀

To all you guys directly involved i wish you all the best. Stay save!

Edited by SteelRain

32 minutes ago, Taranis said:

British journalists attacked in Ukraine, one shot
A British television team was attacked earlier this week around Kiev, one of the journalists was shot and wounded, their employer, the Sky News television channel, announced.

Their car was hit by bullets as it headed for the Ukrainian capital on Monday, said the channel, which only made the news public on Friday evening, after its team repatriated to the United Kingdom, and released the images.

The journalist, Stuart Ramsay, was shot in the lower back. A cameraman, fleeing from the car, was also hit by two bullets, but his bulletproof vest protected him.

The five members of the team, including the injured man, managed to flee, while shouting that they were journalists, towards a nearby factory whose men opened a door for them and waved them in. “The bullets were cascading all over the car, the windows, the windshield, the seats, the steering wheel, everything was completely disintegrated,” wrote Stuart Ramsay on his return.

According to Sky News, a Russian "sabotage commando" is suspected to be responsible for the attack. “We were very lucky. But thousands of Ukrainians are dying, and the Russians are targeting families. We were in an ordinary car when they attacked us. »

Targeting journalists, you mean, so they can even more blow everything to rubble.

20 minutes ago, laribe said:

Is there any news of UKA Pows or are the nice Ivans up to there usual tricks?

Good question. You'd've expected some claims at least, and probably "interviews". Especially since it's a tactic the Ukrainians have employed in the information war. I'd expect the quotation marks to be more obviously necessary for Russian MiniTruth broadcasts, too.

34 minutes ago, laribe said:

Is there any news of UKA Pows or are the nice Ivans up to there usual tricks?

I saw two videos from Donbas front several days ago - about 20 POWs and Russian TV showed captured injured pilot of our Su-25