Steam game

On 10/24/2021 at 4:06 PM, Bufo said:

But will there be a CM game before 2022?

They released Cold War and the Fire & Rubble module earlier this year. They have said there will be an update to the current game engine this year, although I suspect that one won't be released until closer to the Spring next year, and I think that they also have mentioned a new module to Final Blitzkrieg.

If BFC decide to make and release a new game, I think they might want to have some time off first and start making that new game closer to the Summer or Autumn 2022.

Elvis or someone else might chip in with some thoughts.

Edited by BornGinger

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to BFC!  I hope you sell a gazillion copies. 

And more importantly I hope this frees up bandwidth for the development team to make all the things we want, like BS modules, CW modules, Ost Front 43/42/41, etc.  And to have them all done by Xmas, this year.  Thanks in advance :)

BFC had their Steam plans mapped out, but everything got delayed when coding for PBEM+++ was unexpectedly thrown into the mix. Now that that's ironed out BFC can return to their 'steam plans' again.

The last couple years of delays and distractions have largely been due to an excess of good news for BFC. To demand BFC get back on schedule is like wanting BFC to stop having good fortune. US Marines DON'T come knocking on BFC's door seeking a CM Pro contract!  😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 1:44 PM, MikeyD said:

BFC had their Steam plans mapped out, but everything got delayed when coding for PBEM+++ was unexpectedly thrown into the mix. Now that that's ironed out BFC can return to their 'steam plans' again.

The last couple years of delays and distractions have largely been due to an excess of good news for BFC. To demand BFC get back on schedule is like wanting BFC to stop having good fortune. US Marines DON'T come knocking on BFC's door seeking a CM Pro contract!  😁

So there are plans to port the WWII titles to Steam also?

1 hour ago, Blackcloud6 said:

So there are plans to port the WWII titles to Steam also?

All the CM gameswere supposed to be coming to steam. Originally the plan was one per quarter, with CMBN being next, but the delay with implementing PBEM+++ in Cold War delayed that.

Should hopefully be back on track for one per quarter now that PBEM+++ has been implemented.

Edited by Grey_Fox

On 11/24/2021 at 12:54 PM, Grey_Fox said:

All the CM gameswere supposed to be coming to steam. Originally the plan was one per quarter, with CMBN being next, but the delay with implementing PBEM+++ in Cold War delayed that.

Should hopefully be back on track for one per quarter now that PBEM+++ has been implemented.

Great news, thanks!