Summer 1944; no Tiger tanks for Waffen SS?

1 hour ago, Bubba883XL said:

I don't understand why every vehicle isn't available as a single vehicle option. surely it can't be hard to list...??? the manual doesn't list any details on when or how to purchase said vehicle

is this something we could look at fixing for future updates @BFCElvis is it as easy as it sounds? lol

I'll ask around and see if anyone knows why a Hummel isn't available as a single vehicle. My guess is that there is something historic about it. 

The Hummel is an offmap artillery asset.  I'm pretty sure you can select it as part of an artillery battery (offmap).  I don't think that any of the artillery pieces that are typically offmap are represented in game.  The Hummel has the full sized Artillery Howitzer on it as opposed to the 150 Infantry gun - those self propelled pieces with the infantry gun should be in the game but I've never seen a full sized artillery piece in the game in any form that I can recall.

Edited by ASL Veteran

53 minutes ago, ASL Veteran said:

The Hummel is an offmap artillery asset.  I'm pretty sure you can select it as part of an artillery battery (offmap).  I don't think that any of the artillery pieces that are typically offmap are represented in game.  The Hummel has the full sized Artillery Howitzer on it as opposed to the 150 Infantry gun - those self propelled pieces with the infantry gun should be in the game but I've never seen a full sized artillery piece in the game in any form that I can recall.

Excuse me?

Wespe, Hummel, Priest, M12 GMC, Sexton are all in various CMx2 games.

Hummels are available in all games as an on map asset. They are available as single vehincles in some of the other games, CMFI I believe.

It is available as a formation in all games, including CMRT, so simple enough enough to buy the formation and delete what you don't need.

50 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

Excuse me?

Wespe, Hummel, Priest, M12 GMC, Sexton are all in various CMx2 games.

Okay, well I guess I'm not remembering right.  I've never used a full sized self propelled artillery piece as a vehicle in anything before, although I've selected them as artillery batteries.  I know the western allied pieces are present - they were used in a direct fire role.  Not sure I've ever read anything about a Hummel being used in a direct fire role - that would have been the role of the infantry gun version - there are several self propelled 150 infantry guns available on the German side for sure.

There are some other vehicles like this. I counted 4:

https://community.battlefront.com/topic/138927-fire-and-rubble-possible-bugs/page/9/

(may 27 2021)

It is not really a 'bug', but inconvenient. The following cannot be purchased as single vehicles in QB, but only as part of a formation:

- Elefant

- Sturmpanzer IV Brummbär mid/late

- Hummel

- Pz IIIM Flame

On 10/3/2021 at 6:49 PM, Artkin said:

I just thought all vehicles had a single vehicle equivalent. Interesting

yeah same, ? odd

On 10/3/2021 at 8:25 PM, Vanir Ausf B said:

Logged as a bug.

is that officially? so it was a bug? only good bug is a dead one lol

• 2 weeks later...

The only Tiger I's I've come across from a SS formation operating on the eastern front was a handful in August 1944 up in the Baltics. This was while was researching my Tukums campaign for F&R. The full SS heavy panzer battalion was being refitted elsewhere but one company of seven Tiger I's (from hazy memory) were sent east as part of the alarmed response with Army Group North being encircled in Estonia and eastern Latvia at the end of July 1944. Only one of the Tiger's was operational on the day my campaign takes place and it shows up in the campaign itself. Pretty sure I just used a Heer vehicle though.

Basically, there wasn't a full SS battalion in the AO during the timeframe in question. 

• 1 month later...

I was thinking on making a scenario on the relief of the Cherkasy Pocket by the LAH SS, and was puzzled cause there were no Tiger Abt. But I figured something out, go into the battle description, then go to the data and change the date to 1945, there you will find the Heavy Tiger Abt for the SS. I saw that all Tiger I were either the late or latest models, but when you change it back to 1944 then you can change the models for Late or Mid versions.