Summer 1944; no Tiger tanks for Waffen SS?

6 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Yes, I checked the Quick Battle maps, or you make a new map from scratch? It is funny because the Waffen SS had the first pickings. 

Well, after a very busy week I wanted to take a scenario, clear the map (as I often do) and create a hot seat battle with Totenkopf Tigers east of Warsaw. But no Tiger tanks in the editor for the Waffen SS. I know Totenkopf had a Tiger company (the 9th if I recall correctly). 

16 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Copied from Wikipedia 101st Heavy SS Panzer Battalion (German: Schwere SS-Panzerabteilung 101) was a German heavy tank battalion in the Waffen-SS during World War II. With the introduction of new Tiger II tanks in late 1944, the unit was renumbered as the 501st Heavy SS Panzer Battalion 

No, I'm talking about Tiger I's. Totenkopf had the 9th Company with an authorized strength of 14.

3 minutes ago, Rinaldi said:

Was able to reproduce it myself, Aragorn. Seems to be a genuine oversight - SS do not have any Heavy Panzer units from June-Aug '44 in either "Soviet Union" or "Eastern Europe" location parameters. 

Thanks, Rinaldi. Yes, that's a genuine oversight for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

No, I'm talking about Tiger I's. Totenkopf had the 9th Company with an authorized strength of 14.

was checking "Tigers in combat II" when you answered...just to confirm that ssPzD TTK never gave up its tiger Kp as LAH or DR did in mid 44...

BTW, in July 44 it had a total of 23 Tigers according to Schneider

3 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

was checking "Tigers in combat II" when you answered...just to confirm that ssPzD TTK never gave up its tiger Kp as LAH or DR did in mid 44...

BTW, in July 44 it had a total of 23 Tigers according to Schneider

Thanks, Dan. According to Nash those Tigers were quite successful too. Even against Stalin tanks.

9 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

a way to overcome it will be to change  dates fwd and back in the editor...a PITA that I'm used to use...

Yes, I call it doing the "Curly Shuffle", a PITA but it gets you various combinations of things that you desire: Greatcoats, shorts and certain nations and certain items of kit (over in CMFI that is).

2 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Yes, I call it doing the "Curly Shuffle", a PITA but it gets you various combinations of things that you desire: Greatcoats, shorts and certain nations and certain items of kit (over in CMFI that is).

Absolutely, Phil. Great way of improvising.

2 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

and remember they were still Tiger Is... 3rd of august 44...2 operationals of a total of 21...

Doesn't surprise me, given what they were up against, both numerically and in quality. The Russians had a very impressive collection of Tiger-killers by then. 

In case anyone not sure how to do this in the editor - if you want a WSS Tiger battalion in summer 44 in Poland, you can change the date in the editor (under 'data') to January 45, purchase your WSS Heavy tank battalion, then go back and change the date back to say 14 August 1944. You'll still have your WSS Tiger battalion to play with (though you may have to ensure no Tiger IIs in the ToE).

https://www-lexikon--der--wehrmacht-de.translate.goog/Gliederungen/PanzerdivisionenSS/3SSPD.htm?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=ajax,elem

Some information from the best website I've found... Lexikon Der Wehrmacht. Lists commanders, division locations, but no mention of the tiger tanks yet. If you do enough digging around on this website I'm sure you could find practically anything.

This link is pre translated as it's a German domain

Edited by Artkin

9 hours ago, George MC said:

In case anyone not sure how to do this in the editor - if you want a WSS Tiger battalion in summer 44 in Poland, you can change the date in the editor (under 'data') to January 45, purchase your WSS Heavy tank battalion, then go back and change the date back to say 14 August 1944. You'll still have your WSS Tiger battalion to play with (though you may have to ensure no Tiger IIs in the ToE).

Thanks George. Perhaps Totenkopf Tigers at Siedlce is a good subject for a scenario. 

Edited by Aragorn2002

The reason why there are no SS Heavy Panzer Battalions in 1944 is because there were none in the East, all were on the western front, so it is not an oversight, it is working as designed.

3rd SS Panzer division "Totenkopf" did have an attached unit, but my understanding is that it never had more than a handful of runners on any given day.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2021 at 8:59 PM, Artkin said:

No hummels for any of the Germans for any period in single vehicles...

I don't understand why every vehicle isn't available as a single vehicle option. surely it can't be hard to list...??? the manual doesn't list any details on when or how to purchase said vehicle

is this something we could look at fixing for future updates @BFCElvis is it as easy as it sounds? lol