Bug/glitch thread

Bufo

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

It can depend on the length of the line between the waypoints.  If it is too short, the unit may ignore any commands at the new waypoint (ie: it doesn't PAUSE or fire) and it immediately continues to the next waypoint.

I’ll have to try and find some time to test it, might be the order of issuance of orders or something that is causing it. 

MMM

Reminder:

The Soviet artillery observation vehicle MT-LBU 1V14 works as an artillery spotter when purchased in a formation - but not when purchased as an individual vehicle. This applied to both scenario editing and quickbattling.

This was reported before, but I don't think a bug was logged.

1 hour ago, Redwolf said:

Reminder:

The Soviet artillery observation vehicle MT-LBU 1V14 works as an artillery spotter when purchased in a formation - but not when purchased as an individual vehicle. This applied to both scenario editing and quickbattling.

This was reported before, but I don't think a bug was logged.

That was fixed in the last patch.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not a real technical bug, but more like feedback about scenario Brauersdorf.

In my opinion Russians were known for heavy artillery fires before attacking - already during WW2.
So in my opinion this battle would have been more realistic if the attacker had been given way more arty than it currently has, which is almost none.

1 hour ago, SlowMotion said:

This is not a real technical bug, but more like feedback about scenario Brauersdorf.

In my opinion Russians were known for heavy artillery fires before attacking - already during WW2.
So in my opinion this battle would have been more realistic if the attacker had been given way more arty than it currently has, which is almost none.

From what I remember from that scenario the Soviet attack is a diversion/secondary effort. The artillery and air support is being used for the main event elsewhere. 

H

On 11/5/2021 at 6:40 PM, Monty's Mighty Moustache said:

I’ll have to try and find some time to test it, might be the order of issuance of orders or something that is causing it. 

MMM

Encountered this bug yesterday. Basically an M113 not pausing as ordered. CW 1.01

Edited by Jace11

9 hours ago, Halmbarte said:

From what I remember from that scenario the Soviet attack is a diversion/secondary effort. The artillery and air support is being used for the main event elsewhere. 

H

Yeah, if you think up a level - artillery is always in demand everywhere, but there's never enough to go around. The Soviet approach was to push everything into the main effort, so if you're not the main effort, you likely won't get more than your organic 120mm mortars.

1 hour ago, domfluff said:

Yeah, if you think up a level - artillery is always in demand everywhere, but there's never enough to go around. The Soviet approach was to push everything into the main effort, so if you're not the main effort, you likely won't get more than your organic 120mm mortars.

I would be happy if this scenario was changed to have those organic 120mm mortars.

On 11/5/2021 at 3:27 PM, Monty's Mighty Moustache said:

I haven't checked the rest of the thread but I've noticed this happen to me twice now in Cold War. I'll reverse a vehicle out of a position, put a pause on it for 30 seconds or so and then have it move off elsewhere and it doesn't actually pause. The label flashes up momentarily as if it's going to pause and then it disappears and the vehicle moves on its merry way.

I don't have time to test at the moment but was wondering if anyone else had experienced similar or if it was a known issue?

MMM

I did have a somewhat similar thing recently (although no issues with regular pausing): I ordered a unit to pause for 30sec followed by a hunt order. But it seemed to use the hunt behavior already during the pause: an enemy vehicle which was KO'ed but not yet registered as KO'ed was still showing it's icon in the first few seconds of the turn and caused the unit to ditch all it's orders.