Bug/glitch thread

Bufo

17 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but in the scenario 'Czechmate' your BRDM recon vehicles have no C2 links to the rest of your formation.  :unsure:

Also your reinforcements spawn in direct LOS of the enemy.....Again!  :rolleyes:

Firmly has been discussed. The BRDMs also don't have their scout teams, among other issues.

I still think that this is a tremendous shame - that map is one of the best in Cold War, and it wouldn't take much to turn that into one of the best scenarios in the game.

1 hour ago, domfluff said:

I still think that this is a tremendous shame - that map is one of the best in Cold War, and it wouldn't take much to turn that into one of the best scenarios in the game.

I found an interesting work around.....If you split off a two man scout team from each of your initial six infantry squads, you can put two men from each platoon into each BRDM.  When they are in the vehicle they have radio C2 with their parent platoons, meaning both infantry platoons get contacts direct, rather than through Co. HQ.

However my enjoyment of the scenario was rather spoiled when all the reinforcing units arrived in a single big blob, nothing even resembling a formation, and then a T-62 took a hit immediately after arrival.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I was really enjoying the scenario with my workaround in place, however in that sort of scenario, I only use the units I use, everything else sits where it started until I gather enough information to develop my plan.....My assumption is always that the setup area is sacrosanct. 

While following the adventures of my scout teams I kept hearing loud bangs.....Initial checks seemed to indicate that these were from a TOW attempting to take out one of the other BRDMs as it went for a little swim, fair enough.

However the bangs continued and I then noticed the number of trees around the initial setup area was diminishing.....At this point I was thinking 'spotting rounds'.

Then the reinforcements arrived and the truth of the matter became obvious.....A tank (I believe) had been trying to plink my MBTs since the start of the battle, but the trees were partially obscuring it and providing good, but diminishing cover.

When the reinforcements arrived the next platoon of tanks was parked in alignment with the first and outside the cover of the trees.....Boom!  :rolleyes:

It really did feel like the units had been dumped straight onto the map from the editor.....Very frustrating as I reckon it would take me all of about ten minutes to rewrite the reinforcements so they arrive a little more stealthily and in a slightly more organised fashion.

On 10/20/2021 at 4:33 PM, ratdeath said:

I noticed that a US team had infiltrated the Soviet setup zone and knocked on 2nd Company HQ. I missed the action, I heard strange sounds that I tried to locate but couldn't imagine there was a US team in the corner of my own setup zone.

overview2.png

Is this in a quick battle? If you set reinforcements in QB they will spawn in the corner like that, in your enemies area. 

Not sure on the exact science of what goes on with that. But similar to how opfor/blufor setup in the same spot when you are setting them up in the editor

6 hours ago, Artkin said:

Is this in a quick battle? If you set reinforcements in QB they will spawn in the corner like that, in your enemies area. 

Not sure on the exact science of what goes on with that. But similar to how opfor/blufor setup in the same spot when you are setting them up in the editor

QB don't have any reinforcements to my knowledge. I will post more details later, after work.

I want to report this as a bug, I don't think it is deliberate.

In CMCW Quickbattles, TRPs cost 375 points for 5 TRPs. So far so bad (see below), but Blue also has rarity on TRPs at 1125 points, while Red has no rarity on TRPs. This looks like it was fatfingered.

As for the price, I don't doubt that a TRP for the powerful CMCW artillery can be worth 75 points (each), but the bundle is too expensive in small battles. I suggest selling them in packages of 2 or 1 for 150 or 75 points, respectively.

P.s. Blue fortification rarity values should probably all be reviewed. The hedgehogs come in at 2800 points in standard rarity. That eats up a small battle right there.

l.jpg

2 hours ago, Redwolf said:

As for the price, I don't doubt that a TRP for the powerful CMCW artillery can be worth 75 points (each), but the bundle is too expensive in small battles. I suggest selling them in packages of 2 or 1 for 150 or 75 points, respectively.

Individual fortifications can be deleted to fit your needs. Want 2 TRPs? Buy the 5-pack then delete 3.

The rarity looks weird to me. I'll run that up the flag pole.

42 minutes ago, Vanir Ausf B said:

Individual fortifications can be deleted to fit your needs. Want 2 TRPs? Buy the 5-pack then delete 3.

The rarity looks weird to me. I'll run that up the flag pole.

Oh, don't forget to modify the bunker from wood to concrete. For Blue it ends up with rarity 115000-something.

Honestly, the CM-style bunkers didn’t really exist any where at any time, at least not as any standard fighting position / fortification.  They are, nonetheless, the only option for placeable overhead cover in game, so have to stand in for many things that did exist and were used routinely.

I haven't checked the rest of the thread but I've noticed this happen to me twice now in Cold War. I'll reverse a vehicle out of a position, put a pause on it for 30 seconds or so and then have it move off elsewhere and it doesn't actually pause. The label flashes up momentarily as if it's going to pause and then it disappears and the vehicle moves on its merry way.

I don't have time to test at the moment but was wondering if anyone else had experienced similar or if it was a known issue?

MMM

18 minutes ago, Monty's Mighty Moustache said:

I haven't checked the rest of the thread but I've noticed this happen to me twice now in Cold War. I'll reverse a vehicle out of a position, put a pause on it for 30 seconds or so and then have it move off elsewhere and it doesn't actually pause. The label flashes up momentarily as if it's going to pause and then it disappears and the vehicle moves on its merry way.

I just tested this with a M60A1 and it paused as expected, so there must be something else going on. Would need more information or a save file.

44 minutes ago, Monty's Mighty Moustache said:

I don't have time to test at the moment but was wondering if anyone else had experienced similar or if it was a known issue?

MMM

Maybe with a reverse command it's going backwards in time? :)