Bug/glitch thread

Bufo

16 hours ago, rocketman said:

It appears that the BRDM-2 (don't know which version) has a tank as its contact icon. Is that intentional? Seems weird to me.

It will be a ATGM vehicle. So, it is listed as a tank destroyer. In the WW2 titles most tank destroyers were tanks repurposed so it was appropriate. That contact icon choice continue in all the modern titles.

18 hours ago, Bemused said:

Actually just logged in to note something about this scenario.  So far I have about 5 scenarios under my belt and all run fine and I'm having a blast with them.  I even checked out the biggest scenario to see how it would run on my system and no issues, camera pans smoothly at all times and I can issue commands with no lag between clicking and the order appearing.

In the Czechmate scenario the camera moves less fluidly - no problem with this as I suppose it is a function of map size and the number of trees (although when I turn the latter off it makes little difference) but when I have a command selected and I move around looking for the right place to drop it, the camera slows to a complete crawl but only if I have an infantry unit selected.  It slows just a little bit if a vehicle but grinds almost to a halt if infantry.  The round replays fine but at the moment the scenario is unplayable for me unless I am just giving infantry one waypoint.

I share your experiences with the game's lag as well. 

As the scenarios get larger I find WEGO stops working at a certain point, whereas real time will continue to play fine.

That map in particular is unusually complex - the save files are massive, which is typically more complex geometry. I haven't had a major problem with it (any more than any large map), but the file size did make PBEM uploads slower, and is a likely culprit for poor performance.

Edited by domfluff

6 hours ago, domfluff said:

That map in particular is unusually complex - the save files are massive, which is typically more complex geometry. I haven't had a major problem with it (any more than any large map), but the file size did make PBEM uploads slower, and is a likely culprit for poor performance.

Actually weird thing is that if I keep my cursor off screen (say over the unit tray) and move only using WASD and mouse it moves fine - it's only a problem when the cursor is on-screen, indicating destination squares.  Again, this is only a problem with infantry.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dbsapp said:

Appearing \ Disappearing barrels on T80 due to magnification level:

On: (no zoom)

T80-Barrels-On.png

Off: (zoom 1.1)

T80-Barrels-Off.png

I'm not seeing it. Your viewing from different angles and magnification yet... I'm not sure what the issue your reporting is about. The main gun seems to be present in both screencaps...

4 minutes ago, Howler said:

I'm not seeing it. Your viewing from different angles and magnification yet... I'm not sure what the issue your reporting is about. The main gun seems to be present in both screencaps...

He is talking about the external fuel tanks on the back of the tank.

59 minutes ago, dbsapp said:

I demand Battlefront to provide me an interpreter!

A barrel is also a fuel tank, but we don't say a fuel barrel and a barrel is not always a tank. but tanks have barrels but not for fuel. No worries originally English was also a second language for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

There is some wonkiness with the spotting.

In the screenshot below, my infantry squad has just (about a second ago) spotted a Soviet truck 1634 metres away (just right of the NAI 5). The truck has not been spotted by any other unit previously. Nothing weird with that.

However, that my guys can also see that there are two infantry units inside the truck, can't be right. And not only that, they can see one of the two units is carrying an RPG-7. I do not get any details on the other unit. Playing on Iron.

CMCW-3.thumb.jpg.8dc862baa06db4e4a01eddf142110b90.jpg

This is a similar situation with the screenshot I posted earlier in this thread when I spotted Rocketman's M113 from approx. 1500 metres and was able to see that a Dragon equipped squat was sitting inside the buttoned down APC.

Edited by G. Smiley
Formatting

On 8/6/2021 at 2:04 PM, G. Smiley said:

However, that my guys can also see that there are two infantry units inside the truck, can't be right.

Yeah, it is weird and its been that way forever. Usually it's not a big deal but I suppose I have used it to know what kind and how much reinforcements are coming my way so it's not ideal.

1 hour ago, IanL said:

Yeah, it is weird and its been that way forever. Usually it's not a big deal but I suppose I have used it to know what kind and how much reinforcements are coming my way so it's not ideal.

I've been away from the game a couple of years so I must have forgotten!🙂

Interesting how something that for the layman sounds like it should be easy fixable apparently is not.

12 minutes ago, G. Smiley said:

I've been away from the game a couple of years so I must have forgotten!🙂

Interesting how something that for the layman sounds like it should be easy fixable apparently is not.

That is frequently a factor. However somethings also don't get fixed due to lower priority. Something that is not too serious or that doesn't happen frequently might get left on the todo list so other things can be tackled instead. I have no idea which this is.

T-55A (208 points) is cheaper than T-55 (211 points).

From the manual: 

"The T-55A featured a number of NBC protection additions and changes. The tank's machine
gun arrangement was changed, and the coaxial machine gun model switched.
In Combat Mission, the T-55A replaces the 100 mm BM-8 APDS with 3BM25 Armor-Piercing
APFSDS."

So it is clearly better, yet costs less.

Edited by Bufo

The prices are presumably decided by a formula. The T-55A loses the bow machine gun that the T-55 has. You could reasonably argue that the bow machine gun has no real purpose and what you gain (extra ammo) is worth more, but it's also definitely a capability that has been taken away.

"Clearly better" is a bit strong. It definitely seems odd that the base level T-55 is more expensive, but it's not just a straight upgrade.

1 minute ago, domfluff said:

It's not awful versus the M48 (the matchups look like WW2 fights, with missed rounds everywhere), and it'll go through an M60A1, but it's pretty outclassed in that matchup.

Oh snap I actually thought this was a cmsf thread. I didn't realize we had both the t55 and the t55A in cmcw. I am a tard... 

If the m48 wasn't so ugly I would really enjoy slugging it out with the worst tanks. Done it plenty of times in cmsf

10 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Oh snap I actually thought this was a cmsf thread. I didn't realize we had both the t55 and the t55A in cmcw. I am a tard... 

If the m48 wasn't so ugly I would really enjoy slugging it out with the worst tanks. Done it plenty of times in cmsf

Well before you leave make sure to check out the gift shop…buy a T-shirt.

12 minutes ago, domfluff said:

In CMSF I still have a sneaking suspicion that the T-55MV is one of the better value for money picks in the Syrian lineup - night vision, GL ATGM, etc. It's still not going through an Abrams, but that's true for most Syrian tanks.

In a near peer fight I agree. The tank is great used unbuttoned, you really aren't paying for any FCS, and that era will definitely stop cheap rpg 7, certainly one of the better options when a regular rpg can penetrate any Syrian tank besides the t90. 

Its a good, expendable breakthrough tank. :)

Edited by Artkin