Bug/glitch thread

Bufo

1 hour ago, Howler said:

A TOW won't be fired from a Bradley. You've even posted in threads discussing this.

Have been playing a lot of Red forces, and it's noticeable that when firing at a target in a building, a BMP will most often use missiles rather than its gun.  But, it seems one cannot be 100% sure what it will use.  Have seen the AFV use missiles and then guns even when missiles are available.  Am wondering that if a building is sufficiently damaged the AFV will switch to its gun.  

I thought that was the same strange SOP with a Bradley.  But, it's been a while since I played with US.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:20 AM, Erwin said:

I thought that was the same strange SOP with a Bradley.  But, it's been a while since I played with US.

No problem. I just wanted to reported behavior of Dragon AT teams to not get lost in translation. Javelins won't fire on Target Light. But I haven't verified this since the 'collapsed' LAW/RPG patch was made available.

7 hours ago, Howler said:

No problem. I just wanted to reported behavior of Dragon AT teams to not get lost in translation. Javelins won't fire on Target Light. But I haven't verified this since the 'collapsed' LAW/RPG patch was made available.

Yes, sounds like a bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you correct the exhaust on the T-64? Currently smoke is coming out on all the back, which is incorrect. That big grill serves as only blowing out air to cool the engine. The exhaust is a little hole on the right side of that.

You can clearly see it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AITjjSLsSXY

CM-Cold-War-2021-06-25-11-03-48.png

Edited by Bufo

On 6/28/2021 at 6:32 AM, Geoff-Ludumpress said:

Windmill on the quick battle map has visual bug. I know some of these types of issues were raised earlier but not this building type and its still happening after the patch.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4AVzbQBXiKCYj8cJ8

Do you have a name for the map in question? 

• 2 weeks later...

Can you do something with the LOD problem of some vehicles? For example the T-55 appears as you can see on the pictures, as you move and zoom the camera, its color is changing (to make it worse, its different for the turret and the body).

The BMP-1 as another example (also featured on the screenshots) doesn't have this problem.

EDIT: I checked the russian vehicles and it seems to me that only the T-55A is affected.

CM-Cold-War-2021-07-07-15-06-55.png

CM-Cold-War-2021-07-07-15-06-35.png

CM-Cold-War-2021-07-07-15-06-49.png

Edited by Bufo

Not really a "bug," but the scenario "If it ain't cav..." should probably have the ellipses removed from the file name in an upcoming patch. If you save the game with the ellipses included (as the game tries to do automatically), it won't actually save. If you manually change it to "If it ain't cav_001," for example, the save will occur as expected. 

Looking forward to more CMCW -- this series entry has been great!

18 hours ago, Bufo said:

Can you do something with the LOD problem of some vehicles? For example the T-55 appears as you can see on the pictures, as you move and zoom the camera, its color is changing (to make it worse, its different for the turret and the body).

The BMP-1 as another example (also featured on the screenshots) doesn't have this problem.

EDIT: I checked the russian vehicles and it seems to me that only the T-55A is affected.

I was wrong, the T-55 is also affected, but it seems like it depends on the map.

15 hours ago, tmalloy said:

Not really a "bug," but the scenario "If it ain't cav..." should probably have the ellipses removed from the file name in an upcoming patch. If you save the game with the ellipses included (as the game tries to do automatically), it won't actually save. If you manually change it to "If it ain't cav_001," for example, the save will occur as expected. 

Looking forward to more CMCW -- this series entry has been great!

Yeah, this is a CM thing in general. A similar problem happens with a scenario that ends with a number "Scenario Title 1982" will save as "Scenario Title 1983", then 1984, 1985, etc.

Not really a bug, but it's a poor choice of formatting for the titles.

1 hour ago, Allan Wotherspoon said:

Playing a quick battle.  I have an M106A1 that won't use it's 4.2" mortar for direct fire.  Clear LOS to a target 700m distant and will not fire HE or smoke.  Crew is fine and nothing is broken.

Anyone else seeing this?

Wikipedia says the minimum range for a 4.2" is 770m. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M30_mortar

H

On 7/8/2021 at 4:47 AM, Iain Fuller said:

Whilst playing my first PBEM game of CW I've noticed that my T-62's wheels are doing something very strange. Instead of rolling forwards inside the tracks they are spinning outwards when the tanks are moving. I'll try and do a screen grab and post if needed.

Can you provide more details, and preferably a save file for investigation?

Dave

Edited by Ultradave

On 6/2/2021 at 6:50 PM, Probus said:

I haven't seen it mentioned but has anyone had a problem with saving a game over another game and the new save not being saved (new .bts file not written)?

Delete the save file in File Explorer first. Then you'll be able to have a proper save under the same name.

FYI @Kevin2k

Edited by IMHO

CMCW.thumb.jpg.97e1a3a4893bb6ad20c6d148230f373b.jpg

In a PBEM I'm playing I spotted an enemy vehicle approx. 1500m away. Playing on Elite. I was surprised to see an infantry icon above the buttoned down vehicle, and even more surprised when I clicked on it and the display shows 'Dragon ATGM'. This can't be right.

2 hours ago, G. Smiley said:

In a PBEM I'm playing I spotted an enemy vehicle approx. 1500m away. Playing on Elite. I was surprised to see an infantry icon above the buttoned down vehicle, and even more surprised when I clicked on it and the display shows 'Dragon ATGM'. This can't be right.

Yeah, I don't appreciate my oppo having X-ray vision 😨

In the current release version of CMCW, during the NTR campaign mission 2, I am getting the counterattack in red pass scenario for both decisions (delay/counter attack) It doesn't matter which I choose I never receive the delay mission. Is this known and replicable?

Edited by Bagpipe

20 hours ago, G. Smiley said:

We has this in a CW pbem too. Definitely doesn't seem right. 

50 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

I get an "out of memory" error when trying to load the Czechmate scenario.

All other scenarios play fine.  This one crashes to desktop with the out of memory error.  Any ideas why?

Actually just logged in to note something about this scenario.  So far I have about 5 scenarios under my belt and all run fine and I'm having a blast with them.  I even checked out the biggest scenario to see how it would run on my system and no issues, camera pans smoothly at all times and I can issue commands with no lag between clicking and the order appearing.

In the Czechmate scenario the camera moves less fluidly - no problem with this as I suppose it is a function of map size and the number of trees (although when I turn the latter off it makes little difference) but when I have a command selected and I move around looking for the right place to drop it, the camera slows to a complete crawl but only if I have an infantry unit selected.  It slows just a little bit if a vehicle but grinds almost to a halt if infantry.  The round replays fine but at the moment the scenario is unplayable for me unless I am just giving infantry one waypoint.