German flavor objects?

13 hours ago, StieliAlpha said:

Not quite sure about the "Polizeiwagen". It certainly looks the standard design was more like the Wartburg below. But if you search the Internet for "Polizeiwagen DDR", you find surprisingly many which look like the @chuckdyke Trabbi.

240_F_117603865_GIoBCqKfADwXe3zA1KCrirdhnWqYhbXo.jpg

This one looks more "Lada" than "Wartburg". I think it's Lada.

https://www.wallpaperflare.com/oldtimer-car-old-car-classic-cars-vintage-cars-lada-vaz-wallpaper-abydx

`Wartburg

http://www.phs-berlin.de/index.php/fahrzeug/personenwagen/item/ifa-wartburg-353-w

Edited by Ales Dvorak

How about this for a flavor object? :)

The US Army used to give its troops tours of the Border wall. For VII Corps the tours were conducted by a special detachment of the 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment. Part of the tour included passing through the town of Hölle (Hell) Germany. Here's  a link to a famous resident. I was there once in the winter so Hell was frozen over.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hölle,+Naila,+Germany/@50.3669582,11.6900841,3a,75y,90h,100t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipNVFRc9x_Gwnb2LzG_XD1lNZWg8jvw2P1WtnZ_P!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNVFRc9x_Gwnb2LzG_XD1lNZWg8jvw2P1WtnZ_P%3Dw211-h120-k-no-pi-10-ya240-ro0-fo100!7i11416!8i5708!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x47a16b3ec3f239cf:0xa1db72b6014c2e0!2sHölle,+Naila,+Germany!3b1!8m2!3d50.3670966!4d11.6893457!3m4!1s0x47a16b3ec3f239cf:0xa1db72b6014c2e0!8m2!3d50.3670966!4d11.6893457

Edited by Sequoia

Do you mean this thread or are you referring to another thread where ice cream trucks were prevalent?

But more seriously, I think almost all civilian cars would be gone by the time the Soviets got close. Fleeing civilians blocking the roads was a serious concern of the NATO planners.

3 hours ago, Sequoia said:

But more seriously, I think almost all civilian cars would be gone by the time the Soviets got close. Fleeing civilians blocking the roads was a serious concern of the NATO planners.

Most civilian cars are probably gone, yes. But I guess, a reasonable amount of them would have been abandonded as well. What if you ran out of fuel, or something broke down or was broken down, when the russians were coming? What if you were too slow to flee, or wanted to pick a loved one up when it happened?

@ Dr.Fusselpulli

The good news is that flavour (or flavour) objects are easy to create with Photoshop or similar. I hope BF CMCW will have similar numbers of slots and independent  buildings like BS, rather than SF2 which has fewer spare slots and no indie buildings which reduces options.  There's a guide to creating flavour objects somewhere around too.

HI @Dr.Fusselpulli (and anyone else) here is the link to Umlaut's guide to making new flavour objects.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0g35it41bg7sskz/Adding+Extra+Flavor+Objects.doc/file

It is pretty easy.  Two things to note:

1. there are 9 slots to each flavor object class. So you can use any of the other slots - e.g ATM is a fave because you can use up all the other slots e.g. ATM2 could be a wrecked truck, it doesn't matter.

2.  The mdr naming convention might seem strange- you have to adhere to it *exactly* or things won't work.  I keep paper notes of all the bits and pieces I am making so I don't get it messed up.

Though this was for Black Sea it will work for any CM game, they all function in exactly the same way. Stick your new flavour objects in their own folder in the Z folder and you will be good to go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/18/2021 at 9:29 PM, Combatintman said:

For those of us that were there ... these suckers are essential ...

483812396_SchnellyTrailer.jpg.dc09c7a60361dd778ab789802cc83f9b.jpg

Schnelly.thumb.jpg.516cb39d241563a553b170fc9b0819a3.jpg

Hurray! We have two of those in the game! Now I am curious if they were made last minute, to please this thread, or if they were in the game already.
Also checked if the door does have a reasonable size, because it lookes quite large, but I checked it out by placing a soldier next to it, and the size is quite right.
Unfortunately, the phone booth and letter box didn´t made it into the game, as well as vehicles like the wagon or the golf. But there was this tutorial, to add objects.
The two airconditioners on the other hand are quite useless. Airconditioning is quite unusual in Germany, and at that time in the late 70s and early 80s not used at all. Not even by shops or public buildings. And if it is used, it would be better hidden.

40 minutes ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

Hurray! We have two of those in the game! Now I am curious if they were made last minute, to please this thread, or if they were in the game already.
Also checked if the door does have a reasonable size, because it lookes quite large, but I checked it out by placing a soldier next to it, and the size is quite right.
Unfortunately, the phone booth and letter box didn´t made it into the game, as well as vehicles like the wagon or the golf. But there was this tutorial, to add objects.
The two airconditioners on the other hand are quite useless. Airconditioning is quite unusual in Germany, and at that time in the late 70s and early 80s not used at all. Not even by shops or public buildings. And if it is used, it would be better hidden.

And they are in both of my scenarios ...

Thank @Pete Wenmanfor these, I just wanted them - he did the hard work in creating them.