German flavor objects?

Are there some late 70s early 80s German flavor objects?
Very nice would be the old TelH78 phone booth, which could be found everywhere at that time, or a letter box.
A very easy to make flavor object would be a "Fußballtor", for a small "Bolzplatz" a kind of low budget soccer field, which there are many in Germany, even today.
Very typical for rural areas are also these green trailers, with the red wheels. I don´t know why they are all painted the same color, but they are.
Another typical Flavor object of that time could be the VW Golf I in red. Which was a very common car at that time.

Are some of these in the game?

TelH78.jpg

Briefkasten.jpg

Bolzplatz.jpg

Anhänger.jpg

VW Golf I.jpg

Yeah, there is certainly some room for improvement in the artwork. I noted, that the half timbered houses do not look very German. In the Fulda area, I would expect either a full timber frame or none. In the Fulda area a black frame with white fillings, further north a black frame with reddish-brown brick filling. But not too many of such houses anyway. Most have been bombed to ruins sometime earlier anyway.

4 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

This is a Police Car!

I grew up in the west, so I am not sure, but didn´t the GDR police cars look differently and were all called "Volkspolizei"?
This looks like GDR Trabant transformed into a west German police car, so very much a rarity and something that doesn´t fit the cold war at all, but more the early 90s.

Again, this would fit better, if you want to have a police car, I think. ;)

Polizei.jpg

Edited by Dr.Fusselpulli

7 minutes ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

I grew up in the west, so I am not sure, but didn´t the GDR police cars look differently and were all called "Volkspolizei"?
This looks like GDR Trabant transformed into a west german police cars, so very much a rarity and something that doesn´t fit the cold war at all, but more the early 90s.

If in doubt look at the registration plates. I am puzzled why the Hungarians use the German word. Somebody could have restored this brilliant car. I already posted this before I realized, the present registration must be in Hungary. I am not an expert on Trabant, but they were cheapos. 

Edited by chuckdyke

4 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

But if you search the Internet for "Polizeiwagen DDR", you find surprisingly many which look like the @chuckdyke Trabbi.

I think the reason is, that when GDR dissolved into West Germany, the cehicles were still used, but repainted to match the western design.
So these Police-cars are a thing of the early 90s.
When in comes to volunteer firefighters, in eastern Germany, you still have a lot of old GDR trucks and vehicles in service.

All you need to know about classic German Police cars, various models from the 70 & 80's:

https://www.autobild.de/klassik/bilder/polizeioldtimer-1162393.html#bild6

Linked is the Trabant, with the text "Erstes gesamtdeutsches Einsatzfahrzeug: Dieser 1988er Trabant P601 vereint Ost und West. Trabant samt Blaulichtanlage kommen aus der DDR, die grün-weiße Lackierung entspricht damaligem West-Standard. Einen solchen Polizei-Trabant hat es als real existierenden Einsatzwagen nie gegeben."

Now my German isn't what it used to be but how I understood it it's more something they created to honor the reunification, but it never existed as a real police car in service.

PS And no, not an expert in the subject at all - but perhaps in using google. Just killing some time before 18:00, when we/I have to do some work stuff.

Edited by Lethaface

7 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

Now my German isn't what it used to be but how I understood it it's more something they created to honor the reunification, but it never existed as a real police car in service.

Yes, it says it never existed in service in this combination. But I am not sure what combination directly, because the text also mentions east German Lights and Signals, so there might be a combination with western Lights and Signals? Hard to say, maybe there never was a east Trabant with western police markings in service, and they got west german police cars directly.

50 minutes ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

@3j2m7Do you have any idea how to implement flavor objects into Combat Mission? If there are not enough good flavor objects, I think about making some with Zbrush, if that is possible.

What ideas do you have about flavor objects?

...sorry I was continued in german, well I was thinking to see first the original one that will come with CMCW and change eventual some in a typical german aspect like the tel  cabine the post office the train station... changing the street signs...than perhaps changing something in wreck vehicles...all is possible with a correct knowledges and imagination ...!

15 minutes ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

Yes, it says it never existed in service in this combination. But I am not sure what combination directly, because the text also mentions east German Lights and Signals, so there might be a combination with western Lights and Signals? Hard to say, maybe there never was a east Trabant with western police markings in service, and they got west german police cars directly.

Yep, interesting point. Using the old cars for a while would make sense. But then West Germany got rid of the NVA stuff pretty quickly. IIRC, the MIG 27 was the only equipment which made it into the Bundeswehr. Well, I guess for obvious reasons. Otherwise, I can´t really remember. What a shame, about the only thing I clearly remember from the time are the "bought empty" Aldi's.😀

50 minutes ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

True, very common and beloved. And on the second picture you can even see another classic object, the vending machine for cigarettes.

Which took a five pence coin or shilling in old money because they were the same size as the 1DM coin meaning canny Brits could get smokes for a fraction of the price when they'd used up their duty free cigarette rations ... so I'm told ... 😏

Car and truck flavour objects have been needed for some time in the modern Titles. Every town should have at least 2x as many vehicles as buildings; it would also go a long way to making maps look less sterile. And even though they don't offer much in the way of hard cover, they do have significant LOS effects for a street fight. And even though most AFVs can shove aside or crush them, there is a bog risk.

This new game is a nice surprise, btw, although I will likely wait for the demo before I make a buy decision.

Edited by LongLeftFlank