First Fight

I gave the order to break the wall of this house with a demo charge. Not inside, but outside the house (to not get in it) and... They blasted the wood fence... LOL

wyBouxF.jpg

And the second member of the sniper team didn't recover the sniper rifle of his injured comrade. Mmmm...

E0oCY0x.jpg

Will be in the future a key to turn on / off the snow effects ?

Regards and good weekend

Just now, Vencini said:

And the second member of the sniper team didn't recover the sniper rifle of his injured comrade. Mmmm...

In all titles, there is a smallish chance that the weapon of the KIA/WIA soldier is itself damaged and it wont then be recovered by buddy-aid. ( no, you can't tell in advance ;) )

2 hours ago, Vencini said:

I gave the order to break the wall of this house with a demo charge. Not inside, but outside the house (to not get in it) and... They blasted the wood fence... LOL

Any time there are other blast targets nearby you can sometimes get unpredictable results.  Was the team in that location with a blast command into the buiding?  Or were they in the field with a blast command into the building?  Or was the blast command up to the side of the building but not into it?  What happens if you give them a blast command into the building now, does it work?

Will be in the future a key to turn on / off the snow effects ?

? what do you mean?  Do you want a hot key to hide the falling snow?  Or something else?

yes, it is possible.  Try this - but make sure there are no fences, heges or walls near by :) - place your breach team in the second action square away from the building's wall and give them a blast command up to the side of the building.  Honestly I have not done this with a building but it is my normal way of doing breaches for walls and bocage etc., so perhaps I should not be so confident :) . This way your engineers do not end up on the other side all on their own.

2 hours ago, Baneman said:

In all titles, there is a smallish chance that the weapon of the KIA/WIA soldier is itself damaged and it wont then be recovered by buddy-aid. ( no, you can't tell in advance ;) )

Oh!Thanks for the info. Just bad luck...

14 minutes ago, IanL said:

yes, it is possible.  Try this - but make sure there are no fences, heges or walls near by :) 

LOL

I did not want to storm into the house, because there was, maybe, enemy soldiers in the other building, and the breach team would be wiped out. Finally, I had to use this one...

RPpN3Ba.jpg

I test again with a diagonal command and it worked. But the team ends exposed both sides of the house

zOJyU8L.jpg

Just behind the wall or parallel (they finished exposed), the wood fence was blow up ...

cqFKpP3.jpg

y22VoIh.jpg

35 minutes ago, IanL said:

? what do you mean?  Do you want a hot key to hide the falling snow?  Or something else?

I like play WEGO, and during the order phase, you can spend a lot of time giving orders...So many time with the snow effect it's a bit annoying...On the other hand, for the realtime player, I think it's more inmersive...

Regards

1 hour ago, Ultradave said:

For the snow effects, the scenarios are what they are, as defined by the scenario designer. For quick battles you have a lot of flexibility to choose snow and ground conditions. Hope that answers your question.

By the sound of it he'd like an Alt+key to toggle the visible snow falling from the sky effect, rather than being able to change weather and ground conditions for a QB.

BLAST

I recently saw conversation on this topic on I think the CMBN forum.  If you are playing WEGO you can pause the Blasting team long enough before they execute the BLAST command so that the turn ends right after the blast occurs and before the team crosses the blast area.  In the next turn, you cancel the Blast order and move the blast team back.  I tried it out and it worked.  The amount of time the blasting team needs to execute the blast depends upon their experience level.  I think my team was Veteran and they needed 15 seconds.  Consequently I put a 45 second pause on the Blast command.  This is a gamey solution, but hey you just can't be murdering your blasting teams.

Edited by Rafter11
clarification

18 hours ago, Rafter11 said:

BLAST

I recently saw conversation on this topic on I think the CMBN forum.  If you are playing WEGO you can pause the Blasting team long enough before they execute the BLAST command so that the turn ends right after the blast occurs and before the team crosses the blast area.  In the next turn, you cancel the Blast order and move the blast team back.  I tried it out and it worked.  The amount of time the blasting team needs to execute the blast depends upon their experience level.  I think my team was Veteran and they needed 15 seconds.  Consequently I put a 45 second pause on the Blast command.  This is a gamey solution, but hey you just can't be murdering your blasting teams.

This comment helps. A little complicated action, but It helps... Thank you very much for the elaborated explication..

On 2/4/2016 at 7:44 AM, Warts 'n' all said:

We spend quite a while waiting for a game set in winter, and someone wants to turn the snow off. The mind boggles.

20 hours ago, Ales Dvorak said:

+1

18 hours ago, Sublime said:

Haha lmao warts true true

5 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Just wiping the snot off my screen now ... absolute belter :D

There are buttons to toggle artificially bright night graphics, sound, smoke... I was talking about the possibility of having one to toggle on / off the snow falling effect during the WEGO order phase. This comments are totally useless.

Fortunately, there are polite people on this forum how try to help others with their comments. Thanks to all this patient people.

Regards

30 minutes ago, Vencini said:

This comment helps. A little complicated action, but It helps... Thank you very much for the elaborated explication..

There are buttons to toggle artificially bright night graphics, sound, smoke... I was talking about the possibility of having one to toggle on / off the snow falling effect during the WEGO order phase. This comments are totally useless.

Fortunately, there are polite people on this forum how try to help others with their comments. Thanks to all this patient people.

Regards

In which case I apologise unreservedly - my instinct is generally to be as helpful as I can but I did find that comment funny.

Vencini I don't think that you can accuse people of being impolite just because they enjoyed my comment. You are correct that certain things can be toggled on and off, but my views on toggling are quite well known. For example, I refer to tree toggling as playing the game in Telegraphpoleland. That doesn't mean I'm being rude to people who want to toggle the trees. For me the appeal of this game is it's realism. I can just imagine if my granddad had wanted the snow turned off.

Paddy:- "Field Marshal, for the love of Jesus, Mary, Joseph and all the saints. cud yers not seez yer way to turning the snow off? Me Bedford keeps getting stuck in the sodding stuff."

Monty:- "Ah,Private Fitzsimons, your Catholic God may perform miracles, but my father was an Anglican Bishop and in our church we don't rely on miracles. And that is why YOU have been provided with a shovel, Now go and use it."

This comments are totally useless.

/useless/  In CMBO there is Alt+W (I think) to toggle density of falling snow.

/unpolite/ Why do you  think that every post in this thread has to be answer to your question?

4 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Vencini I don't think that you can accuse people of being impolite just because they enjoyed my comment. You are correct that certain things can be toggled on and off, but my views on toggling are quite well known. For example, I refer to tree toggling as playing the game in Telegraphpoleland. That doesn't mean I'm being rude to people who want to toggle the trees. For me the appeal of this game is it's realism. I can just imagine if my granddad had wanted the snow turned off.

Paddy:- "Field Marshal, for the love of Jesus, Mary, Joseph and all the saints. cud yers not seez yer way to turning the snow off? Me Bedford keeps getting stuck in the sodding stuff."

Monty:- "Ah,Private Fitzsimons, your Catholic God may perform miracles, but my father was an Anglican Bishop and in our church we don't rely on miracles. And that is why YOU have been provided with a shovel, Now go and use it."

OMG I almost got coffee all over my iPad with this. Thanks, Warts... :D