I live in Bangalore and need a mover. Any ideas?

c3k

Gents,

Many of you know me from our shared interest in Combat Mission game/simulations. However, today, rather than discussing my proclivity to attack, I need some help. See, I live in Bangalore and I need a mover. Sure, I could just toss some rupees out in the street and allow whoever picks them up into my house and have them grab something and tell them where to take it. But, I've tried that, and you'd be amazed how few of my items showed up at my desired location. So, I need a reputable mover. An elephant would be a bonus, since they sweat onto my possessions a bit less than the man-handlers would. (Of course, they can do worse things, so I must insist that any elephant have a one day fasting period before coming into my house.)

A petrol-engine van would be ideal. I know, that's hard to come by.

Anyhow, does anyone have a link or a suggestion for me?

:)

Ken

Ahh, yes. I was afraid that incident would be mentioned, even if tangentially. What? More gin? Of course... Where was I? Ahh, yes, the Torpedo Incident of '08. I was moving from my abode in Bangalore, which, at the time, was elevated upon some palm trees. Floods, of course. The elephants were lined up waiting to be loaded. Their backs were at the perfect height to just walk out onto from my front porch. I told Sidrhubwahahanna, the whip-man, that I wanted extra care taken when my torpedoes were moved. He agreed, in that obsequious manner that he had, and took some, lashed together, and loaded the first bunch onto the waiting elephant. Yes, I suppose they did look like a bundle of bamboo. Anyhow, don't know how it happened, but his second-favorite driver, related on his sister's side, somehow set them off just as they left the loading zone. The locals had elephant steaks for a month. Put a dent in my collection, it did. Of course I refused to tip the buggers after that.

More gin!!!

Carry on...

Where are the admins when you really need (want) them. Before this guy spams the forum out of existence.

I'm thinking these links are really ISIS recruiting sites. Where else to find lonely young men with no hope, no future and an addiction to military simulations but on these forums.

Ahh, yes. I'd prepped my base house for the next tenants (some friends). I went back in after the painters were done and found that I'd forgotten one coffee mug on the top shelf of the cupboard. Yep, they'd painted right over it. I left it there. ;) Nice coffee mug "shadow" on the back wall of the cupboard.

Hurrrrumph. Back to my need for a reputable firm to assist with my move in Bangalore. See, I live in sadishiva-nagar, and need to go to kadugondanahalli, preferably via mg road. I am willing to go through devanahalli, if needed. If only I knew SOMEONE to whom I could reach out towards so they could offer me their packing and moving services. And I thought the interwebs would solve such dilemmas. Well, at least I won't worry about moving my gin.

:)

Well I did think I recall seeing an advertisement for some Indian movers out on "MG Road". Is that Market-Garden road? I guess you better stay clear, sounds like Hell's Highway to me....but check with Baba Jee.

Italian movers pack the kitty litter WITH the latest turds. Take a smoke break while sitting on your coffee table. Around noon they all sit down and give you the sad eye and wait for subway. Only damage I had was outbound from Napoli. Japanese movers automatically kick off their shoes as they approach your front door. Automatically put shoes back on as they depart. No moves since 2007. Hopefully no more ever. 

Edited by kohlenklau

Silly rabbit, that's why God made Mexican day labour.

Funny that this would really be a problem for you in India.  You can't turn around in a railway station without being besieged by bloody porters.

Haven't you got a facilities guy at work who is local and will take care of you using his extended family on the side?

Or else ( *shudder*) log off BFC and find a local expats chatboard.