Where is CMRT patch?

togi

Ok there is no alternative, I agree on that, but without constructive critism about cons of this game, how can you expect about development on the areas mentioned at previous post by me?

If we can't say our ideas, the same engine will be presented to us at following years with same prices.

So please critize constructively. I believe BFC can handle above issues easily, so we will be more happier to trust to them.

Regards

Actually that isn't true. BFC does have their own ideas on how to improve the game. Going from Cx1 to CMx2 for example was entirely their idea. However they do always welcome input and some of those ideas do go on to be included.

Calling CM "old code" doesn't quite seem to fall under constructive criticism though. Complicated code maybe ... TAC AI is a difficult thing to do and they are asking more and more of it, some at our suggestion. The good news is they will fix whatever issues are inadvertently created as they add new stuff. It's all good.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have accidentally started CMRT Mac twice on my hackintosh. Two CMRT icons in dock. I close the one CMRT in normal fashion and Cmd-Opt-Esc deals with closing the other CMRT in my 10.9.4 system with no hard reset required.

I am quite sure I encountered this problem with CMBN (PC) but I am not sure how to repeat the issue. Perhaps it was another game.

Hello BFC,

My specific question again with a different tone,

Where "the hell" is this CMRT patch? We have been informed about as very close several times by forums, but no show, I can't bear this shader bug on the tanks after penetration..

Help Help , S.O.S

Regards

I'm sure there are a great many folk awaiting not only the RT patch but also the patch(es) for Ver 3.00 BN and FI issues.

I'm equally certain that BFC are not just twiddling their thumbs, hoping to annoy the life out of everybody.

They have a lot on their plates at the moment, if they are intent on trying to produce all the items that Steve mentioned some time ago - and before the end of the year. Patches, packs and CMBS to mention but a few.

Having said that, issuing the occasional short statement as to their current state of play wouldn't go amiss, needn't take up very much of their time and, I'm sure, would be greatly appreciated by all and sundry.

Funny thing, I bought CMRT on pre-order, waited for the patch before playing, still waiting, never played the game yet. And, I'm a long time CM'er, going back to CMBO. My loss, they got the money but I won't play it till it works correctly. And, EF is my fav... double loss for me I guess.

Funny thing, I bought CMRT on pre-order, waited for the patch before playing, still waiting, never played the game yet. And, I'm a long time CM'er, going back to CMBO. My loss, they got the money but I won't play it till it works correctly. And, EF is my fav... double loss for me I guess.

That must take some buddist zen patience to have the game for so long and not playing a single game, while being a CM-fan.

Respect!

With this type of attitude, you should never play CM ever again. Any of them.

Because I cannot remember where any patch or release has not fixed some of the problems but somehow introduce some new issues or bring back some old forgotten ones.

But Bucko, you keep holding on there. For the perfect day when all things of this world come together and the game becomes perfect. Because how dare we have a bug wreck the experence of your play. :D

On the other hand, GT:OS has a group of core design decisions that I deeply dislike, making the game a one-week-and-shelve-it wonder for me. I don't consider it in the same league as CM. It is where Close Combat might have gone, had it ventured into 3D, with a dash of Total War thrown in. Players looking for real-time, broad-stroke WWII tactical flavor at the platoon or company command level might have fun with it. Players looking for a realistic, fully-functioning WWII battlefield at a deep-sim level, at team, squad, platoon, company, battalion...or...even regimental+ command level, will only find that in CM. Yes, you have to play the role of each of those commanders at the same time. Well, getting the chance to make the juicy decisions is why we play wargames. And, allowing adequate time to play the role of all the commanders on the field, no matter what the battle size, without fundamental loss of realism, is the strength, beauty, and primary purpose of the WEGO system (of course, you're free to play real-time to the battle-size limit of your ability to adequately issue commands).

They each have their place. On some levels, GTOS offers a better single player experience, due to the operational layer and the more flexible AI. When you play single player CM and watch the AI dead pile up in the streets, squad after squad meeting the same fate in the same place, it can be very dispiriting. It doesn't happen all the time of course, but often enough that I really wish BFC would give the single player experience a bit of love.

The patch is in Final Candidate stage, which means that it is very close to release. We are currently verifying that the WEGO multiplayer bugs that some people have reported are fixed. Once this is done we are going to release the patch.

Good to hear, so we can soon start to complain about the absence of a cmbn flame unit pack.

Lol... I've played (and modded, created, tweaked and used) all the CM games for so long, taking breaks here and there so I figured with RT I'd just sit this one out till it got "up to speed", well looks like that's about to happen so good timing popping back in checking on things. :)

...but if all those shader and shadow bugs are still in there... that would be a real bummer.

Lol... I've played (and modded, created, tweaked and used) all the CM games for so long, taking breaks here and there so I figured with RT I'd just sit this one out till it got "up to speed", well looks like that's about to happen so good timing popping back in checking on things. :)

...but if all those shader and shadow bugs are still in there... that would be a real bummer.

Hello Astrocat,

After patch we can start over a game , if you want mate :-)

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hello BFC,

Is it still in final cantidate stage for 2 weeks aproximetely?

Another non-free content - Vehicle packs for BN with 20 bucks- released before free content (first one was BN / FI 3.0 update)

So please a little bit respect for your customers bought RT game and waiting aproximetely 7 months for a patch.

Regards

Hello BFC,

Is it still in final cantidate stage for 2 weeks aproximetely?

Another non-free content - Vehicle packs for BN with 20 bucks- released before free content (first one was BN / FI 3.0 update)

So please a little bit respect for your customers bought RT game and waiting aproximetely 7 months for a patch.

Regards

you don't want it, don't buy it. As a BF customer I am quite happy to see new material for CMBN while waiting for BF to resolve issues with the patch. They aren't mutually exclusive or even related ya know.

he he...

"you don't want it, don't buy it"

Sorry but, I'm waiting a free patch, where do you get the above result or idea?

Please don't carry something here from other forums. YEs about BN content, I think that expensive and wait for a discount and bundle with other packs, this is my point of view as you have your own :-)

For RT, 7 month is long time for me mate as other normal human beings

Regards

he he...

"you don't want it, don't buy it"

Sorry but, I'm waiting a free patch, where do you get the above result or idea?

Regards

From you

Hello BFC,

Another non-free content - Vehicle packs for BN with 20 bucks- released before free

Regards

What I said regarding it was they were unrelated releases.

Do you really think unrelated with limited human forces?

:-)

Maybe not 100% but yes requiring different folks main effort. The vehicles are models, the bug issues are code. I absolutely agree that with their constraints in personnel there is a lot of overlap, but in this particular case I expect maybe not as much as on other items.

However take all that with a large pinch of salt. I don't know for sure with any certainty.

Maybe not 100% but yes requiring different folks main effort. The vehicles are models, the bug issues are code. I absolutely agree that with their constraints in personnel there is a lot of overlap, but in this particular case I expect maybe not as much as on other items.

However take all that with a large pinch of salt. I don't know for sure with any certainty.

So you can't say like "What I said regarding it was they were unrelated releases" with %100 percent sureness. :-)

Regards

Given that I really am not supposed to say anything about what goes on behind the scenes I'll just ask you a question: are you really saying that for political reasons the pack should have been held back and put on a shelf just because it was done first? I for one don't think that would be a good idea at all.

Given that I really am not supposed to say anything about what goes on behind the scenes I'll just ask you a question: are you really saying that for political reasons the pack should have been held back and put on a shelf just because it was done first? I for one don't think that would be a good idea at all.

Hello Ian,

No, I think the reverse of it, the non-free contents were pulled front because of economical point of view but not respectfull approach for customers bought RT already.

at least 6.5 months before the problems of RT had been seen but much the sources dedicated to non-free contents already. So patch has delayed because of that . Off course this is my point of view.

Regards