What is your favorite combat mission?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that CMRT is the best of the series so far.

Maybe your disappointment is that after one has played a lot of CM2 most of the scenarios start to feel the same - except there are different graphics, uniforms, vehicles etc. - however the challenges are not particularly dissimilar.

I am looking forward to the Bulge module/family

I would say that CMRT is the best of the series so far.

Maybe your disappointment is that after one has played a lot of CM2 most of the scenarios start to feel the same - except there are different graphics, uniforms, vehicles etc. - however the challenges are not particularly dissimilar.

I am looking forward to the Bulge module/family

What is this "buldge" module/family? Is there a place that I can read about it?

I like all of them, but wished there was more content in RT. Would have liked to have seen some more battles. They included some Normandy stuff in MG that was nice. Would have been nice to see some Kursk stuff in RT.

I have all of the CMSF modules, but haven't played them in awhile. I hear the NATO Campaign is the best. Have they fixed the Panzerfaust issue for the German troops? The graphics are a bit dated in CMSF and its not as polished as CMBN series. The few h2h games I played seemed dull if your the Redforce as you're seriously over matched. Blue on blue seems like it would be better, but that feel weird.

CMx2 is better than CMx1 in almost every way (I only miss the random map generator).

I've always been a Western Front guy, but I have to say that CMRT has really pulled me in. We'll see how things go after BN gets the 3.0 upgrade.

So, probably BN is my favorite overall, but currently CMRT is.

My favorite is CMSF. I somehow got an odd love for guided missiles, and the Javelin and the TOW fully satisfy that love.

I've never been much interested in modern, and I'm definitely not into asymmetric. Having said that, I'm very excited about Black Sea. CMRT has opened large/huge battles to me, and perhaps CMBS will plug me into modern in a similar way.

I've never been much interested in modern, and I'm definitely not into asymmetric. Having said that, I'm very excited about Black Sea. CMRT has opened large/huge battles to me, and perhaps CMBS will plug me into modern in a similar way.

Black sea a new iteration or a module for RT?

It's a Monday so I'd have to say CMSF is my favourite CM game. However, on another day, I might reply that CMBN is my favourite. They're both so good that it's hard to say which one is my favourite overall.

It would be easier to say that I have little attachment to either CMFI or to CMA as I have never felt inspired enought to make a mission for either of them. Don't ask why. I really couldn't say. Italy just isn't interesting for me. I've only just started to look at CMRT and I am beginning to think that ahistorical. fictional missions are the way for me to go with this title. At this stage of the war, 44-45, the battles are pretty gargantuan and I'm a RT player only. Anything more than a couple of companies is too much for me to handle without pausing and I hate pausing.

Shock Force for me too, I think at the end of day it depicts an ongoing conflict, well.. to some extent, and I can relate to it more so feel more immersive playing it.

Reason to go for WW2 is because the user interface updates that comes with the new engines... mouse hand feels less strain:o

I've only just started to look at CMRT and I am beginning to think that ahistorical. fictional missions are the way for me to go with this title. At this stage of the war, 44-45, the battles are pretty gargantuan and I'm a RT player only. Anything more than a couple of companies is too much for me to handle without pausing and I hate pausing.

That is the way I have been making scenarios these last few months. Contrary to the West front, good accounts of the (low-level) action are very scarce (mostly only high level stuff). So making a 'historical' battle is really not easy. What I do is pick a realistic setting (rooted somewhat in reality), a real backstory, unit names of units that really were at a certain place at a certain time, and a map that at best resembles the area or is completely fictional. A sort of mix of reality and complete fiction.

And I try to keep size down. There is a real 'danger' of sizing up battles to the point that they are bloated IMHO. I dislike monster battles, they are a chore to me. But others feel differently about them and think they are just great.

Ow, and CMRT is my favorite now, but with the upcoming stuff for CMBN, that may change yet, he he he.

I fondly remember CMAK and CMBB for all the old memories. I think that CMx1 was better suited to larger battles (this doesn't reflect poorly on CMx2 though, they're just different) and the two player campaigns were a blast. I still think Line of Defense is the most fun, albeit not entirely realistic, scenario for any CM game and I was very glad to find someone had made it for CMx2.

So far in CMx2, I've really enjoyed Fortress Italy and Gustav Line. While RT is great, I do feel as if some of the content could have been better, but it is awesome fun to have flame throwers again. All in all, it is a wonderful family of games that makes just about anything else pale in comparison (except for Mario-Kart for SNES, that's still great).

Shock Force for me too, I think at the end of day it depicts an ongoing conflict, well.. to some extent, and I can relate to it more so feel more immersive playing it.

That is one of the reasons for why i prefer CMSF over the WW2 titles as well. I simple find it much easier to relate to game based on events similar to those i see on the news everyday.

For me i am sure it is going to be CMBN with the 3.0 patch to bring it up to date with the improvements in RT.

I loved CM1 back in the day, but CM2 is a huge improvement and the depth of scenarios and units now available have kept CMBN improving all the time.

CMRT may take over the crown in time but there just seems so little variation (especially in the Soviets) at the moment it seems very plain compared to BN and FI.

the CM series is unlike any other game i have played, instead of a normal game getting tired and outdated over time, it actually improves with age (with investment in patches, modules and mods). A great model I hope Battlefront never change it!!

It's a Monday so I'd have to say CMSF is my favourite CM game. However, on another day, I might reply that CMBN is my favourite. They're both so good that it's hard to say which one is my favourite overall.

It would be easier to say that I have little attachment to either CMFI or to CMA as I have never felt inspired enought to make a mission for either of them. Don't ask why. I really couldn't say. Italy just isn't interesting for me. I've only just started to look at CMRT and I am beginning to think that ahistorical. fictional missions are the way for me to go with this title. At this stage of the war, 44-45, the battles are pretty gargantuan and I'm a RT player only. Anything more than a couple of companies is too much for me to handle without pausing and I hate pausing.

I played Cain and Abel for the first time a few nights ago. Very immersive, challenging, and just a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing what can be done with modern scenarios in CMx3.