Black sea sneak preview (and blooper)

rocketman,

I have to say that, going into this, I fully expected some clever/not so clever humorous thing, not a real deal peek (ground's pretty flat there, so no peak) at an Alpha CMBS playtest. The (Over) Active Protection System was a howler. Reminds me of some the weapons we used to get from the R&D Lab in Paranoia. Or real ones like the Chauchat!

All in all, this looks most promising. Lots of new toys. Wasn't aware the XM25 was entering service. Last I checked, though, the XM307, which looks like something straight out of SF, was canceled. Sigh.

Regards,

John Kettler

For those like me who watched the ChrisND's video on Twitch TV after the fact, i.e., not live, what happened after the 1 hour 19 minute mark, when the video suddenly ends with no warning. I assume something went wrong technically, but did the live stream end this way, right in the middle of a battle?

jh_morneau,

You are indeed correct, sir. To give you some idea of what we faced, one time the GM gave us instructions while performing a tirade through a large class tumbler which was jammed into his face, covering his mouth completely. He practically turned purple, so worked up was he, then removed the glass, and asked/demanded "Is that clear?!" Since we didn't dare to ask after that terrifying display, off we went to Clone Loss Centralâ„¢.

It was a lot of fun, we got to practice Buddhistic non-attachment to our characters (rough at first), and I held a particular advantage, in that I routinely worked, as military analyst, in an environment of progressively more restricted and ever more highly classified information. Rather like the color clearance levels in the game!

DaddyO,

I don't have the answer to your question, but at 1:20 here you may find something notable. On a more serious note, it's been a long time since seeing a game at such an early stage of development. If you dig up the ones for the first CM ever, CMBO, you'll see how astoundingly far we have come.

Regards,

John Kettler

On a more serious note, it's been a long time since seeing a game at such an early stage of development. If you dig up the ones for the first CM ever, CMBO, you'll see how astoundingly far we have come.

Indeed. After viewing the Alpha graphics of CMBO, I became for a while very depressed about the prospects for the game. Fortunately, it climbed out of that hole pretty quickly and my confidence was restored.

Michael

For those like me who watched the ChrisND's video on Twitch TV after the fact, i.e., not live, what happened after the 1 hour 19 minute mark, when the video suddenly ends with no warning. I assume something went wrong technically, but did the live stream end this way, right in the middle of a battle?

Sorry about that, my graphics card died suddenly. I couldn't do anything but use a browser and Windows Explorer until I replaced it later that night.

Sorry about that, my graphics card died suddenly. I couldn't do anything but use a browser and Windows Explorer until I replaced it later that night.

Chris, NO APOLOGY NEEDED! You provide a enlightening and entertaining FREE service, and it is much appreciated. I was just curious, since right before it ended you were mentioning that you were concerned whether your graphics card was close to failure. I guess it turns out you were right. Best wishes for the future with your Twitch TV site. I know I try to watch every Combat Mission video you put out.

Really looknig forward to this one, although there seems to be a lot to do for a late summer release.

One question about the weapon variations, Chris mentions a few times different rifle options for snipers and vehicles, are these selectable by the player for QB's and/or in the editor or will it be random?

Chris, NO APOLOGY NEEDED! You provide a enlightening and entertaining FREE service, and it is much appreciated. I was just curious, since right before it ended you were mentioning that you were concerned whether your graphics card was close to failure. I guess it turns out you were right. Best wishes for the future with your Twitch TV site. I know I try to watch every Combat Mission video you put out.

Thanks for watching!

AKD is correct. You can select which caliber (or the M107A1) is used, as well as whether the M25 CDTE is used in place of a M320A1 in the B rifle fire team.

hey infantry weapon choices... looks like another step up of the editor selectable options. nice one.