Girls und Panzers ?

is this a series? who knew about this...this is new to mee lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeYLUN_wSMY

I definitely havn't watched that entire series...and enjoyed it for the most part... ;)

In all seriousness the animation quality and attention to detail is pretty amazing for what it is. The national stereotypes for each school, the cocky and numerous Americans, the cold "professional" Germans, the Vodka drinking crazy Russians, and the tea sipping British in there Churchills are all great works of national satire. There are some great lines in the show with odes to movies like Kelly's Heroes and another main character that spouts off Rommel facts and quotes. The tanks are all faithfully recreated and you can actually learn quite a bit about them by watching it haha. If I can say anything about it, at first glance it isn't exactly what it seems!

PANZER VOR! :)

Leave it to the Japanese to do something like this. I love a lot of their animation style and the way they layout stuff.

I collect a DVD series called Gunner and it is now very hard to get.

I hear Japan can be a very strange place for Westerners. I've only been there for a short time and would like to go back and visit sometime. I had a friend who taught English for a year there and he said it could be bizzare at times.

If I'm not mistaken they have public vending machines where you can buy used panties that were worn by school girls. Its nothing over there, but you could imagine what a stir that would cause here.

There was a recent story on a webnews site talking about how often guys tend to select female avatars while playing World of Warcraft. I think Steve's missing out on a niche marked - a niche market that maybe actually be bigger than the combat sim market. I'm talking the guys-playing-as-girls market a la Tombraider. Puts a whole new spin on what a future "CM:Space Lobsters of Doom" fantasy title might look like. ;)

Leave it to the Japanese to do something like this. I love a lot of their animation style and the way they layout stuff.

I collect a DVD series called Gunner and it is now very hard to get.

I hear Japan can be a very strange place for Westerners. I've only been there for a short time and would like to go back and visit sometime. I had a friend who taught English for a year there and he said it could be bizzare at times.

If I'm not mistaken they have public vending machines where you can buy used panties that were worn by school girls. Its nothing over there, but you could imagine what a stir that would cause here.

yeah that is actually true - I've seen it. Though they tend to take it to an odd extreme I do like that the society is overall not as prudish as ours and religion as an organized force telling you what you should or should not be doing is nowhere near as strong as here.

But they also have vending machines for beer. Man is that the coolest idea? Strolling down the road...on Sunday and you want a cold one... Some of them even let you buy using your mobile phone.

Beer in a vending machine. I like that idea. We may get one up on that when the Pot vending machines go into operation-if it hasn't already done so.

I also believe there is a segment or subculture in Japan that are really into Nazi stuff and WW2 German stuff in general. I can remember seeing some young Japanese students wearing stuff with swastikas in California of all places-that was a long time ago, but it was kinda funny to see that and I would not be surprised if you could openly do that in Japan today and not cause some huge media uproar.

I do know that alot of Japanese absolutely love western culture.

Some time ago there was an article about the trend in Japan where the youth were into WW2 bomber jackets that had the squadron patches of American bomber units that flew carpet bombing raids over Japan in WW2.

So it is also true that you can see middle aged men in the subway cars who are sugar daddies to little school girls in their uniforms sitting on their laps and nobody cares?

I've heard something to that effect and couldn't believe what I was hearing....

But they also have vending machines for beer. Man is that the coolest idea? Strolling down the road...on Sunday and you want a cold one... Some of them even let you buy using your mobile phone.

There were beer machines in my barracks around the turn the century.

Reminds me of the manga 'tigers in the mud' by Miyazaki Hayao... quite popular in my high school years. apparently taken from a part in carius' memoir so i later bought the book.

http://www.mangatank.com/manga/otto-carius-tigers-in-the-mud

still thinking of making a campaign in cmrt outta it. smallish scenarios, against the odds and well depicted by pics so seems fitting.

yeah that is actually true - I've seen it.

asked my cousin who's been living in japan for about 10 years and seen no vending machines like that... i wonder where you guys had been to during the visit:eek:

Bil H and I are currently play-testing a scenario from Tigers in the Mud, built by Stephen Hilla, aka "The Teacher" on the outer boards. Involves the incident when Otto Carius' Kompanie came upon a batch of IS-1s which had run out of gas in a village. Especially fun, as it is one of the few scenarios in which you can play crack/elite crews with some degree of historical authenticity. I've played it through vs. AI and it is fun. Will let you all know once he is ready to actually post it. Beautiful map.

Maybe Germany? We have A LOT of these vending machines over here. Would ahve to ask a good friend if she saw those while working in Japan.

Vending machines with (COLD) beer usually only in places where adults work - obviously. Although I have to admit our boss would rather ban the alcohol completely because he's afraid one of us will drink while AT work or something... :D

asked my cousin who's been living in japan for about 10 years and seen no vending machines like that... i wonder where you guys had been to during the visit:eek:

Ask him if he has been to a love hotel. He'll know what I mean. And no it isn't just for prostitution.

did not knew this one, iam not so into anime but i had to watch it, just finished them all in one go. pretty hilarious!

beer vending machines? got 2 close by, 1.20€ for the 0.5l beer can and 0.90c for a 0.33 coke and other soft drinks :D

guess what is empty most of the time.

I used to work in a big downtown Boston ad agency. After I left I hear they installed beer vending machines in the front hall. There was a catch, though. The machines didn't take money. I believe you had to officially sign your soul over to the devil in order to get access. Or something like that. If you ever worked in advertising you'd understand.

• 1 month later...

Just finished watching all 12 episodes. Not a bad anime. The surprising thing is that my wife was big time into it. When the Maus shows itself she clutched my arm and said "what are they going to do, that things too big. Where is it's weak spot".

Perhaps phase one of operation "get the wife into my games" has just won a small victory.

Perhaps phase one of operation "get the wife into my games" has just won a small victory.

Phase Two:

"Honey, let's go shopping. Together."

Later that day, at the mall:

"I know they only sell video games. It's the journey that matters, not the destination. And we are...shopping."

Wife rolls eyes.