Status update on "Black Sea"

GAZ,

Much as some of us love ultra advanced (unless you're familiar with Russian hypersonic work) scramjet recon/strike assets, they are way above, figuratively and literally, the level of CMBS. I pushed very hard to have EMP weaponry included in CMSF. The Swedes tested a captured Soviet NNEMP (NonNuclear Electromagnetic Pulse) bomb against an array of electronics right after the Soviet Union fell and characterized it as "devastating." Nor did I get any traction on handheld simple RF weapons, such as the HERF gun. I argued it would be a real headache for an American force critically dependent on complex electronics.

http://hacknmod.com/hack/diy-electromagnetic-herf-gun-project/

As for scalar weaponry, barring BFC doing SLOD (Space Lobsters of Doom), don't hold your breath. PM me if you wish to discuss the weapon further. Were such a weapon in the SF game, it would provide instantaneous whole body lobster cooking and wouldn't dry out the meat! Could also be used to freeze leftovers.

Regards,

John Kettler

Would also note that I've written a stack of posts on my site which provide in-depth coverage of aspects of the Ukraine Crisis. Several detail to what really happened to Flight 17, how and from where. Expect more shortly. Real nitty gritty stuff.

Kettler, don't peddle your crazy conspiracy theory website here. Just... don't.

Mighty developers, please, please, allow us to tweak the dates and weather of the missions in the editor in more detail.

In CMSF we only had three months, and three weather settings to play with.

In CMA, we had years and months, but only a few weather settings to play with. (There is no rain in Afghanistan apparently:rolleyes:).

I would like to see Snow, Rain, Fog, Mist, etc. - The same technology seen in CMFI to allow for different seasons.

Please, let us have lots of options for weather and time, they are what adds different character to battles and some times drastically changes the dynamics of combat.

The game takes place in June, July, and August. All weather options (rain, fog, mist, etc) except for snow will be available.

I know that the next question will be: "Why not let us have snow, just for fun?" Because many people aren't as reasonable or understanding as you. If snow is in, people will expect snow-related gear, arctic equipment, etc. And we don't have the resources to do all of the base game stuff AND that on top of it. Pretty soon the topic of snow and snow battles will resolve around what is missing, instead of what is present. If you need proof that this will happen... well, check any of our forums about 2-3 days after anything releases. ;)

Buzz,

I've written extensively on my site about Spetsnaz in Ukraine--with information no other site I've seen has. It is clear, specific and exposes things Putin absolutely doesn't want revealed, including a recent huge loss of Spetsnaz. I'm sure you can find my site.

As for the other, who knew that reebok and dik-dik were native to your area?!

ChrisND,

IF CMBS is going to be subtitled The Theban Sacred Band, then count me out. Spetsnaz PDAs don't float my boat! On a more serious note, those are impressive NVGs. I almost feel sorry for people stuck with the image intensifier only types.

Regards,

John Kettler

Buzz,

I've written extensively on my site about Spetsnaz in Ukraine--with information no other site I've seen has. It is clear, specific and exposes things Putin absolutely doesn't want revealed, including a recent huge loss of Spetsnaz. I'm sure you can find my site.

Kettler, don't peddle your crazy conspiracy theory website here. Just... don't.

Please read this again, because you don't seem to have understood it. Our forum is not a place for you to promote your conspiracy theory website. Continue to do so and I'll start issuing infractions.

I would really like to take a look at russian MBTs included in CMBS...

On Chris' video, he shows T-72B3, T-90A and T-90MS variant for Russia.

No Rogatka or new stuff like that yet, but we can hope for modules.

Nor is there any older stuff interestingly, but we can hope for that as well.

Poor equipment Russia and Poor equipment US forces - relive the cold war glory days :D

Greetings to all. Will the Russian Armed Forces MBT T-80BV and T-80U. Will there be a possibility of firing a canopy of closed positions of the AGS (automatic grenade launcher).

Sorry for my English , googl transl .

Greetings. No I do not think that there will be T-80 series in the release game.

Curious how the T-84 Oplot-M will compare to the T-90MS and how effective the various active protection systems function. M1A2 SEP with active protection sounds like a beast. And will be interesting to see how the Russian T-72B1/2/3 compare to the Syrian 'T-90SA', apart from the Shtora system.

Death machine from hell. Think Tiger I in CMFI, or KV-1 in early war CMBB. Yeah, that dominant :eek:

May I ask whether that is based on 'inside' knowledge of CMBS or your perception of how it will be? ;)

I'm expecting the US might versus the Russian's in CM:BS to be less dramatic than against the Syrians in Shock Force. Granted there are a lot of differences apart from the M1A2 SEP vs Russian T-90, I was also hoping for a more balanced tank 'duel'. Not an expert with RL knowledge myself but I would think the Russian version of the T-90(M)S is a whole different beast than the Syrian T-90. An active protection system would mitigate the danger of the barrel launched ATGM's, but there is more going for the T-90MS including Russian APFSDS rounds, Arena, Relikt ERA, command and control systems?