Status update on "Black Sea"

I was wondering are we going to get guided artillery munitions like Copperhead/Krasnopol/Excalibur and the like in Black Sea? Maybe with an option for the AO to ask for their deployment? I would think that the ground forces involved in such a conflict would make some generous use of them.

I'm also curious if the AT-15 Krizhantema is going to be included for the red side..

I was wondering are we going to get guided artillery munitions like Copperhead/Krasnopol/Excalibur and the like in Black Sea?
Copperhead is dead. Excalibur and XM395 for US. Krasnopol, Kitolov-2/2M and Gran for Russia. Kvitnik for Ukraine.

I'm also curious if the AT-15 Krizhantema is going to be included for the red side..

Yes.

So im gonna be that guy... what is going on with this game... From what i have read it was supposed to release already, but we have no screen shots pre order or anything.. and like 3 weeks ago there was a post saying we would see something "very soon" I know the are a smaller company and make quality products, but man i just want some screen shots or a gameplay video the anticipation is killing me.

I don't get it... Why's everybody waiting twiddling thumbs and talking politics around here. 2 weeks after CMBS gets released, you'll start doing the same thing in BF's next product forum:rolleyes: It's pointless.:rolleyes:

I say crank up CMSF, beat the sh*t outta the virtual Syrians and have some fun:cool:

Besides, CMBS will be new, it will have bugs; SF is a very mature product and the rough edges have all been sanded off. Nothing like a piece of solid hassle-free software. Well.. for me at least.

I don't get it... Why's everybody waiting twiddling thumbs and talking politics around here. 2 weeks after CMBS gets released, you'll start doing the same thing in BF's next product forum:rolleyes: It's pointless.:rolleyes:

I say crank up CMSF, beat the sh*t outta the virtual Syrians and have some fun:cool:

Besides, CMBS will be new, it will have bugs; SF is a very mature product and the rough edges have all been sanded off. Nothing like a piece of solid hassle-free software. Well.. for me at least.

LOL yeah, I am looking forward to CMBS, but then I'll be twiddling my thumbs because what I really want is CMSF 2 :D

Yeah. Like the Vietnamese, Afgan, and Iraqi insurgents who beat us up. :)

When did that happen? I must have missed that. We're of course talking about the tactical level here (as that is what the Combat Mission series is all about), where these opponents were all beaten decisively and suffered vastly more casualties.

That the politicians couldn't use this tactical superiority to win the overall conflicts on the strategic level does not change this fact. ;)

When did that happen? I must have missed that. We're of course talking about the tactical level here (as that is what the Combat Mission series is all about), where these opponents were all beaten decisively and suffered vastly more casualties.

That the politicians couldn't use this tactical superiority to win the overall conflicts on the strategic level does not change this fact. ;)

We won the battles, we lost the wars. And some would argue our own peoples trust, hearts and minds in the process.

We won the battles, we lost the wars. And some would argue our own peoples trust, hearts and minds in the process.

No argument here, I totally agree. But the point was that Stagler wasn't interrested in bashing insurgents, but wanted some real opposition.

And we're not getting that from the Syrians in Shock Force, but perhaps we'll get it from the Russians. Maybe.

Not trying to be argumentative, but when our enemies realized they could do quite well in MOUT ops - ie cause us unacceptable casualties - they were and are a tough oppo.

If what is being attempted is the "challenge" of blowing everyone up with high-tech long range weapons systems, then vs Syrians or uncons that's a lot easier. Suggest attempting some dense urban scenarios for a real challenge.

well I played battle for normandy w/ commonwealth first the fortress italy then gustav line, and market garden then i played shock force so compared to all those CM games shock force just seems... outdated?? Is that the word im looking for? I think so... anyway i find it hard to get into So im eager to see black sea

well I played battle for normandy w/ commonwealth first the fortress italy then gustav line, and market garden then i played shock force so compared to all those CM games shock force just seems... outdated?? Is that the word im looking for? I think so... anyway i find it hard to get into So im eager to see black sea

I love CMSF, but would have to agree. It needs an update! Bring on CMSF2!!