Combat Mission:Black Sea- alternate name suggestions?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

CM: Ukrainian Upheaval

CM: Ukraine--Bombs Begone!

CM: Ukrainian Nukes? Nyet!!!

Meanwhile, here's what ate the Russian BACKFIRE C recce bird over Georgia during that Ossetia mess. SA-11 BUK (Birch), the successor to the SA-6 KUB (Cube). As I recall, the BACKFIRE was downed because its threat receivers saw the BUK as a friendly system. Such are the hazards of operating in a zone equipped with your own exported air defense weaponry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yoz8nAp9x6w

The information in here is, is... Put it this way. Had we gotten intel this good during the Cold War, our intel types might still be doing the Happy Dance! Frankly, I find it hard to wrap my head around the wealth of information here, covering a multitude of military-technical matters.

Regards,

John Kettler

• 5 weeks later...

CM: (deleted)

What I deleted was what I thought was the Russian equivalent of "S.o.B" but it turns out worse than that. I hear it all the time on Russian dash cam videos and when I finally asked my Ukrainian wife about it, she refused to tell me what it means. I ended up googling it and...nevermind.

• 4 weeks later...