Combat Mission:Black Sea- alternate name suggestions?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Alcohol is an excellent muscle relaxant.

Combat Mission: Poking the Bear

Combat Mission: Roads to Moscow

Combat Mission: Crimean Contingency

Combat Mission: Operation Overreach

Seriously, I'm looking forward to the game, but getting a sizeable US(+) force into the Crimea would involve nukes and a land war in Eastern Europe (and war in the Atlantic and the Pacific). The story line is a little far-fetched.

If Georgia had worked (and the lesson of Georgia was a telling one), you might fantasise that the Ukranians could have access to 2nd rank US equipment and be fighting against a Russian invasion, but US involvement in a land war in the bread-basket of Russia?

"His caveat is there, I'm just wondering how we're going to get a "realistic" scenario."

With my limited reading it seems possible "a full spectrum conventional conflict between NATO and Russia in the Ukraine" could happen but how it happens... not sure. Based on Steve and Moon's production record the will make it work well. I would not have thought CMSF-2 would be so... suitable almost 6 years after it's release.

I've never heard the Germans referred to as aboriginals before. Or the Japanese.

Germans was beaten by USSR, without Eastern front Hitler drop your Tommy into the ocean by 24 hours, this is true.

You Anglo-Saxons good fighters only on water and in bombardment, on land only Russia and Germany can have success, in potential conflict I think Germany will be neutral.

Soon we will know what kind your balls, steel or not, hope Assad kick your ass and Syria will be new Vietnam.

Germans was beaten by USSR, without Eastern front Hitler drop your Tommy into the ocean by 24 hours, this is true.

No, that is BS.

You Anglo-Saxons good fighters only on water and in bombardment, on land only Russia and Germany can have success, in potential conflict I think Germany will be neutral.

:rolleyes:

Soon we will know what kind your balls, steel or not, hope Assad kick your ass and Syria will be new Vietnam.

:rolleyes:

Your post is completely free of anything that could be considered a rational thought.

While I don't have a game name to offer, I do have one of those weird BFC synchronicities to report. Get this.

I was knocking around earlier and popped into a big thrift shop nearby, hoping for one or more nice finds. When I stopped by the book section, my eye found some items that weren't bodice rippers (typically superabundant in such places) or typical novels. Indeed, Horse Soldiers is the true story of Special Forces soldiers who rode horses to victory during the invasion of Afghanistan.

But that's not the real story here. You see, my eye was drawn to a book called The Ten Thousand, by Harold Coyle. I hadn't so much as glanced at a technothriller in ages and was drawn by the M1 in a snowstorm on the cover. Turns out, this book's U.S. intervention side is premised on--wait for it--the invasion of Ukraine to force Ukraine to surrender ex-Soviet nukes! Granted, I now know the book dates back to 1993, but isn't it remarkable how this all unfolded? I had no plans to leave the house until practically the last minute, nor did I plan hitting that thrift shop (wasn't sure it was even open), and the last time I was there, there was nothing military to be had.

(cue "Twilight zone" music)

Regards,

John Kettler

• 2 months later...