A plea for Michael Emrys' sig lines

I have been reading Battlefront forum for many years now and there is something unique here, something that can't be found in any other place on the net.

I'm absolutely unable to explain what it consists of, but I know one thing : Michael Emrys' sig lines were a part of this magic ;).

When, a few days ago, he decided to delete them just because some newcomer thought they were too long to read... I fell down from my seat !

What utter nonsense was this ? :mad:

It's not a matter that lies in the hands of Michael Emrys. It doesn't belong to him anymore. It's a part of Battlefront's spiritual war treasure. It's an Institution (with a capital I) and as such it can't be deleted (heresy !!!).

Therefore, I make a call for mobilization.

Michael Emrys' sig lines must be restored to their old glory.

Otherwise the sky might fall upon us all (you've been warned).

So, old Battlefront grognards, please make one step forward and answer my call !

A moi la vieille garde ! :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to Mr Emrys' sig line, I do believe...

What do I believe you might ask?

Well, I do believe I'll have another Guiness... Right now.

And you can believe that!

A man after my own heart. Well...some part of my anatomy anyway.

:D

For all those who supported my sig line in all its former glory, my humble (what did he say?) thanks. Believe me, it was a hard call. I've already given the reasons why I was reluctant to dispose of it and which many of you have noted. However, it is also true that for some time I felt it had served the purpose for which it was begun and it was time for something new. Just what, I haven't decided yet, but I hope it will serve some good purpose. One thing I do regret though. In my haste to make the change, I neglected to make some permanent record of the former testimonials and lacking the super-hacker skills I'm sure it would take to restore them to life, they have now gone to post Valhalla. RIP.

Michael

This is the best I was able to do:

- - -

After some research into the matter at hand, I discovered Mr. Emrys is absolutely correct.

唯ergerbitz

Ah, yeah, you're absolutely right.

庸ytinghellfish

...Michael's assessment is quite right.

輸ndreas

And after some thought, I decided that Emrys is absolutely correct.

溶oxnoctum

... Michael Emrys is absolutely correct.

蓉ser38

Michael Emrys seems to have nailed it.

優Laurier

...and Emrys' view on the subject is spot on!

謡olf66

- - -

(Courtesy of google cache... why it has Japanese characters in it, I have no idea! If you think you can delete something from "the internet" ... think again ;) )

GaJ

I'm absolutely unable to explain what it consists of, but I know one thing : Michael Emrys' sig lines were a part of this magic ;).

When, a few days ago, he decided to delete them just because some newcomer thought they were too long to read... I fell down from my seat !

Thomm is far from being an newcomer, mate :)

No. Famine sucks the life out of any juicy and vibrant conversation.

Emrys, clearly, leaves our sense of hatred starved, while demanding that we acknowledge him. He is inescapable. When we confront him, his very passivity and reasonableness leave us weak and hopeless. When it comes to hatred, there is simply nothing to get your teeth into.

If you're sane, that is. I'm sure there are some who will gnaw the bones of anger and idiocy no matter how dust dry and meatless they might be.