A plea for Michael Emrys' sig lines

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, the donkey got you coming and going Mr Emrys.

That Michael should be sensible to the wishes of forum members is laudable - but he's just making the mess bigger by giving in to these just demands. I propose he remove himself, as well as his sigs, that we may all go back to being profoundly ignorant of a universe which allows an Emrys to exist and happier creatures thereby.

Noticeably the first and last contributors have 93 and 279 posts and are in favour. Those who have read his sig and scrolled past thousands of times do not find them quite as worth keeping .... other than as an historical relic : )

Ah the curse of hubris.;)

Michael Emrys was right to truncate his sig at this time.

Nicely phrased!

I too am glad that Michael has shortened his sig lines. I do enjoy reading his posts they are usually either witty or contribute something valuable and often both. However lately scrolling over the same humours lines each time was making me less thrilled to see his name it a thread. Now I find I am back to enjoying reading his posts again. Bravo Mr. Emrys.

I was looking for a good page about signatures and netiquette but failed to find one that was concise and relevant for today (talking about dial up speeds and message size just don't ring true any more). I personally try to stick to the rule of thumb I learned long ago - sig lines should not be longer than 3 or 4 lines. The main driver for this is people will see your signature often and you do not want it to interfere with communicating your message.

This is the best I was able to do:

(Courtesy of google cache... why it has Japanese characters in it, I have no idea! If you think you can delete something from "the internet" ... think again ;) )

LOL I could do no better. The way back machine was showing his new signature - clearly something about the way the forum HTML is structured it goes and gets the latest signature. And I thought the way back machine was caching everything. Interesting.

Once again, I hereby request a negation of the truncation, if approved by the Forum members. Otherwise, I make a motion that Michael Emrys be futurely and honorifically called "Sir Michael Emrys" or for short, "Sir Emrys".

Oh, dear Gawd!

Has the world gone mad? Why, even in the glorious Peng Challenge Thread (Long may it wave!), he never even made it to Serf 2C! He was only "Other Recognized", and he was only recognized because of his pungent bodily funk! Shoot, blindfolded, you could still point unerringly right at him!

I implore you all to see reason!

Oh, dear Gawd!

Has the world gone mad? Why, even in the glorious Peng Challenge Thread (Long may it wave!), he never even made it to Serf 2C! He was only "Other Recognized", and he was only recognized because of his pungent bodily funk! Shoot, blindfolded, you could still point unerringly right at him!

I implore you all to see reason!

So that's what you guys were doing in the cessspool to pass time, shooting at Emrys while blindfolded. Was he the one blindfolded or you guys? No wonder the neighbors were complaining.