Release date estimation for GL

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is Gustav Line is "done" from the development side of things. It's just a matter of getting the release stuff done. Because of the huge size it takes almost a day just to get the files ready for testing. Any problem means having to do that process all over again. So, for example, if we prep the files on Monday, testers start downloading during Tuesday. That's two days before any significant testing has been performed. If a problem is found then it's another 2 days, minimum, added to the schedule. Repeat as necessary until the problems are worked out.

It's annoying for everybody, but there's no way to short cut it other than "release and pray". Not a good idea :D

Steve

Not necessarily

As Steve said (take the if away form his words :)) they sent the files on Monday and test started on Tuesday. Then something went wrong and they started the prep phase again so the testers will start the downloads tomorrow. As nothing is released on Fridays then then we can expect the release the next week if no more problems arise.

so sad Im alone with no wife since monday " back on friday," I was looking forward to CMGL LOUD! I tought I was going to play day and night ...sad week

Nothing better than CM cranked up so loud you think your house is blowing up. I dont get a chance to do it much, but I certainly do enjoy it when I can.