2.01 Patch - Snow???

No doubt it is a set up for future games. When one looks through the string text file they can see all sorts of stuff that is to be, or was. There is even stuff from CMSF. It looks like an efficient way to produce laying foundation blocks to work from to make variation from.

No doubt it is a set up for future games. When one looks through the string text file they can see all sorts of stuff that is to be, or was. There is even stuff from CMSF. It looks like an efficient way to produce laying foundation blocks to work from to make variation from.

Related to Vinnart's mention of CMSF. I thought it was possible to copy the 2.0exe before upgrading thus allowing you to run 2.0PBEM games. I tried this by copying my 2.0exe and renaming and then upgrading to 2.01. I then received a file from an PBEM opponent in 2.0 and opened it with my 2.0exe copy. Everything worked and the splash screen said 2.0. But when I clicked on a unit it was giving me CMSF names??

I then opened the same file in 2.01 and the names were correct. Is it not possible to run older PBEM version games this way?

Related to Vinnart's mention of CMSF. I thought it was possible to copy the 2.0exe before upgrading thus allowing you to run 2.0PBEM games. I tried this by copying my 2.0exe and renaming and then upgrading to 2.01. I then received a file from an PBEM opponent in 2.0 and opened it with my 2.0exe copy. Everything worked and the splash screen said 2.0. But when I clicked on a unit it was giving me CMSF names??

I then opened the same file in 2.01 and the names were correct. Is it not possible to run older PBEM version games this way?

No, that will not work due to conflicting data file content.

No, that will not work due to conflicting data file content.

c3k

Do the v1.11 patch first, then copy and rename your game file. That will preserve v1.11 for compatibility w/others, if you desire. THEN install v2.00 upgrade over the original v1.11. This will leave you with two install, one v1.11, the other v2.00.

This is not necessary if you don't want to play non-upgraders.

Ken

seen this older post and thought it was possible?

I attached only the pop up, because the actual terrain seems unchanged.

I suppose that Battlefront, by mistake, included the Bulge pop up into the 2.01 patch...

Is it "Bulge", or could there be some patchy snow left over in Belorussia in June '44? I know I've still seen snow in June when I was in Idaho... ;)