The shader fixer of CMFI also works in the CMBN.

I can't see too much difference on my system which has a fairly recent Nvidia GTX580...

If anything, the shaders make the lighting less realistic during night scenarios as I have illustrated here...

Other than that I only see some shadows change, but not much else otherwise?

I rather keep the lighting working than turning on the shaders at this time, to be honest.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen Von Television. I agree with your assessment on the shader fix.

May I ask what Mac Pro / Graphics car you are running? I am on Mac Pro 4,1 with ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB graphics, 18 GB memory, all graphics settings at best.

Buzz

Thanks. I think my Macbook Pro is also a Penryn with nVidia 8600M GT 512 MB. Will check. Don't have CMBN/CW installed there yet but good to hear it works there as well. Have considered putting an NVIDIA PC (non-EFI) Graphics Card in my Mac Pro as the old ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB card struggles to keep up with all settings at best with the HD Mods.

I am sure Phil will work up some CMBN specific shaders for everyone.

Buzz

I installed the two files from Hotfix in my Z folder.

Question does Alt-R turn your shaders off and on?

When I toggle Alt-R it just says shaders off? and stays off?

Thanks for any info.

Lane

Reported a few times. If you patch up to v1.11 and then redo the v2 patch your issue will be solved. To be clear;you can just rerun patch v1.11 over you 'v2 install and afterwards run the v2 patch again.

Am a bit confused re CMFI. Are these shaders in CMFI already, so we don't need to apply em to CMFI as well?

I don't think so: easiest way to check is to copy them in Z folder, load some saved battle and have a look at a specific place; thereafter you can remove them from Z folder and load back the same scene and compare the difference...

Will work on this tonight. I did not known you could run the patch 1.11 over

2.0? I had upgraded to 2.0 from 1.11 then installed those files from hotfix.

to my Z folder. when I notice Alt-R did not turn shaders off and on.

On well I guess I can do a fresh install on CMBN-CW bungle. and repatch.

Lane

The improved shaders are optional - they won't work for all video cards. The shaders included with the game should work with a wider variety of video cards. I'm glad the folks who like them, like them. :)

As someone noted earlier the stock shaders themselves haven't changed between CMFI and CMBN 2.0. There have been some changes and improvements in the shading system but it's been on the other side - inside the main engine itself. So - we'll likely repackage the improved CMFI shaders and make them available for CMBN 2.0 users.

Is there any downside to simply using the shaders for both CMBN and CMFI?

I find it very hard to see any difference after loading the game once, exiting, removing or adding the shaders file and reloading the game. So, if one can use these files regardless...

BTW: I also accidentally loaded 2.0 before 1.11. I found it easy to fix by deleting the v2.0 and v1.11 brz files from the DATA folder and simply applying 1.11 and then 2.0.

No need to do a reinstall like I read some users have been doing.

While a ground up reinstall is really not necessary, running the v1.11 patch and then the Upgrade 2.0 installer is definitely "safer" than manually deleting and moving stuff around manually. At least as a general rule. Plus, it's a lot easier for Mac users unfamiliar with "packages" to use the installers to do the grunt work.

Steve