GAJ's Site

When I try password reset I get this message:

"We're sorry, but something went wrong.

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

(If you're the administrator of this website, then please read the log file "production.log" to find out what went wrong.)"

I'm surprised GaJ hasn't popped in to clarify by now, but anyway, lower right corner of the home page is where you log in/register. I'm already permanently logged in, so it doesn't show "Register", just "Log In" but anyway, look for it in the lower right corner.

P.S. I have to scroll down even in full screen mode.

Just tried to register and I get the same error message:

"We're sorry, but something went wrong.

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

(If you're the administrator of this website, then please read the log file "production.log" to find out what went wrong.)"

Gerry

Hi All,

The database at CMMODS has been locked by the service provider.

This means that the site still runs, but nothing can be added to it.

For all these years, CMMODS database has been hosted at Heroku.com - for free. It stayed within their free account parameters. Recently they reassessed those, and CMMODS fell on the wrong side of the line (actually, I think that CMMODS has been living on the wrong side for a while, they just took the time to look, recently!)

It comes at a time when I've been considering the fate of CMMODs anyhow. Already, I pay $15/month for the CMMODS data storage. In order to keep going with Heroku for database, I'll have to find another $10/month, or spend some time to rationalise the database so it's more efficient/smaller and fits back into the free plan.

Plus - now there's CMFI, and presumably ongoing additions to be done.

Is it worth all that? I started thinking, after BFC turned off the ability for CMMODS to post in the forum, that it isn't. Mod designer interest in CMMODs dwindled at that point - quite understandably. It's more attractive to post in the BFC repo, where you get an automatic sticky post in the forum, than at CMMODs, where you don't get anything (other than having your mod hosted in a nice clean ad-free repository where it is easy to find, in an "album" of all your other mods ;) ).

It also comes at a time when RL is a bit of a drain, so I'm not really thinking much about CMMODS.

So for now it will sit there as-is - existing users can download, but nothing can be added - till I have a chance to decide what to do next.

GaJ

I'm surprised GaJ hasn't popped in to clarify by now, but anyway, lower right corner of the home page is where you log in/register. I'm already permanently logged in, so it doesn't show "Register", just "Log In" but anyway, look for it in the lower right corner.

P.S. I have to scroll down even in full screen mode.

Many, many thanks, Mark! ;)