So is CMSF for MAC the big stuff that's been hinted at?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hint: Yes.

Oh damn, then Steve was wrong. I could care less about Apple products. Sorry if that offends anyone, but I was hoping for something more like MG module, Bulge Game, CMSF Europe....

But hell if it makes a good part of our community happy I guess it is a good thing.

Or could there be other important stuff that the team is working on that hasn't been announced yet? Just a hint please! :)

No, CMSF Mac is not the big stuff that Steve's been hinting at. What Steve's been hinting at is: other important stuff that the team is working on. :)

No, CMSF Mac is not the big stuff that Steve's been hinting at. What Steve's been hinting at is: other important stuff that the team is working on. :)

Yes! They're getting ready to officially announce Space Lobsters of Doom. I KNEW IT!

Gentlemen, set you phasers on "steam". I love the smell of crustacean in the morning...

Maybe we should start a pool for our predictions?? Whoever is right (or closest) is ... well .... right!

My Prediction:

Team BF is going to attack two fronts at the same time:

Front 1 - Announce the Market Garden Module. This will run on the basic engine that Normandy runs on. However, it might include some extra terrain features and some tweaks with a patch. It will also include the FJ units. This will be the "Short-Term" goal. With a ETD around Christmas '12. .... Once work is finished on this front, the resources allocated to this project will join the continued work on "Front 2"

Front 2 - They are going to start immediate work on the longer-term project which will be the Bulge release. This will be a new game and will not be compatible with the Normandy Series. It won't be a COMPLETELY new engine, but it will have some significant new features and new improvements and interface changes. It will be kind of like CMx2.5. This will have an ETD for sometime after Mid '13.

Since there is already the Maret Garden module confirmed, i don't think that they will bring the Bulge game parallel or anytime close to it, because that would cannibalize the module's sales (who buys the old game, if the new one has so many cool new features)?

But if they would bring something like CMSF 2.5 by year end (US-Iran + modules with intervening China and Russian forces), it would increase the sales of the customers interested in modern warfare without cannibalizing the sales of the MG-module.

Therefore my tip: something like CMSF 2.5.

Nah, Battlefront is coming up with their own matchmaking, multiplayer server. Like Slitherine's.

Not sure if intended but this is a somewhat odd suggestion, seeing as they are recovering from apparently multiple hacker attacks right now. One of the reasons we do not run a matchmaking server is because it's a resource pit to keep it running, secured and efficient. We prefer making games :)

Since there is already the Maret Garden module confirmed, i don't think that they will bring the Bulge game parallel or anytime close to it, because that would cannibalize the module's sales (who buys the old game, if the new one has so many cool new features)?

They won't release them at the same time. CMx2.5 (Bulge) would release about 8 - 12 months after the last module (Market Garden) for CM:BN. .... also, the Bulge would be a great campaign to do a limited scope op-layer!! WOW!