So is CMSF for MAC the big stuff that's been hinted at?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's because we love the game like you guys do. It's a bit like if you had a friend working on the next title in your favorite movie series ("Aliens 5: An Actual Sequel With A Proper Script And Director"). He probably couldn't talk much about it, but he'd sure as hell be dropping hints like crazy.

To my mind, it's very little to do with marketing, and a whole lot to do with the fact that *we're* excited about the stuff but can't talk about the specifics. That's compounded by all of the factors Moon mentions - we don't always have things to show until late in the game, and we also don't have heaps of time to talk because we're hard at work. So we hint and share as much of the excitement as we can.

Now, back to work...

It is. Next patch release.

If that isn't enough I suggest re reading the post by Tarquelne.

Specifically this part

The persons speaking above are not Battlefront, apart from the fact that they are assuming things - and you should know what happens when a person 'ass u me '

Why is so difficult for battlefron to tell us an approximate date when they shall release this patch - if they shall release it ?

Where is customer support ?

Silkwraith

The persons speaking above are not Battlefront, apart from the fact that they are assuming things - and you should know what happens when a person 'ass u me '

Why is so difficult for battlefron to tell us an approximate date when they shall release this patch - if they shall release it ?

Where is customer support ?

Silkwraith

Simple- They don't know. There are no game breakers right now though there are some annoying things like wire, some of the models etc. If it were a game breaker they'd focus on fixing it (like they did the MAC issue) as it isn't they will get it in when they feel the patch has enough to warrant it. Whether that means a separate patch or a patch released with the next module is anyone's guess. (except of course BFC's).

What would you do with this info anyway? Suppose they picked a date out of their a** like August 21st. How would that help you especially considering it was subject to change without notice.

As a completely uninformed spectator I'd say they were busy looking at bug fixes they need to apply (most of which we probably aren't even aware of), preparing the next module and working on whatever the "big" announcement is. They have their hands full and trying to satisfy anyone's curiosity about when they will be ready for any portion of it is not worth their time as they don't honestly know. Again what is the point of giving you a date if they really don't have one yet?

And their customer support is quite good, giving estimated dates for possible release of patches etc they don't really know does not qualify as customer support. Helping folks with video driver, security software issues etc does and the tech help forum clearly demonstrates they are responsive.

Giving you any answer at all to a question that has no real answer just leads to a Simpson's episode...

Are we there yet

No just a little further

Are we there yet

No just a little further

Are we there yet

No just a little further

Are we there yet

No just a little further

Are we there yet

No just a little further

Are we there yet

No just a little further

Are we there yet

No just a little further

Are we there yet

No just a little further

Are we there yet

No just a little further

Are we there yet

No just a little further

Are we there yet

No just a little further

I think it's because we love the game like you guys do. It's a bit like if you had a friend working on the next title in your favorite movie series ("Aliens 5: An Actual Sequel With A Proper Script And Director"). He probably couldn't talk much about it, but he'd sure as hell be dropping hints like crazy.

To my mind, it's very little to do with marketing, and a whole lot to do with the fact that *we're* excited about the stuff but can't talk about the specifics. That's compounded by all of the factors Moon mentions - we don't always have things to show until late in the game, and we also don't have heaps of time to talk because we're hard at work. So we hint and share as much of the excitement as we can.

Now, back to work...

Tis a pity there are no hints of troops riding crocodiles towards Arnhem in this post...

I really have no idea what you BFC types are hinting at which really takes me back to my early childhood when other kids would say "I've got a secret, neener neener neener" or something like that. After the first couple of times I learned to ignore them.

Is there anything to lose by not making announcements about upcoming announcements? I don't really care but I am having a difficult time understanding the motivations behind the announcement of an upcoming announcement other than "I've got a secret, neener neener neener".

:)

Is there anything to lose by not making announcements about upcoming announcements? I don't really care but I am having a difficult time understanding the motivations behind the announcement of an upcoming announcement other than "I've got a secret, neener neener neener".

:)

The way folks are on this board, the more they tell us, the more we beg to know... and that just means the board fills up with more threads like this :rolleyes:

I confess I was once a programmer - it's OK, I'm in recovery thanks - and it really is one of those endeavours where although you can see the end of the tunnel, you can't tell how much longer to get there.

Programming is a constant process of solving problems, each of which can lead to more. Some problems are easy while others prove to be more stubborn than you anticipated and can take days or weeks to surmount. Further, when in a programming head-space, there's a strange kind of time-stretching. Other programmers would know what I mean.

When you have a product it needs to be tested, whereupon more problems are found - just when you thought it was over, they drag you back in.

Even if BF thought they had an idea of when something would be ready and told us, the moment it didn't arrive at the time announced there would be people exploding with self-righteous indignation about their "rights as clients" and "poor customer service".

I'm as interested as anyone else about new releases, but "it will happen when it does and not before".