Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

For those of you that would like to play with a real dirty Aris Panzer IIIG right away, I´ve taken the liberty of making a very temporary one - out of Aris´ Panzer IIIN mod for CMFI. All I´ve done is simply to replace the letter N with the letter G in the files.

The conversion to Pz IIIG isn´t perfect - there are a couple of small glitches. But in my view these are preferable to the very pristine original in the game.

Aris, I hope you don´t mind that I´m putting this out for general use - untill you get around to making your own - perfect - version of the Pz IIIG?

Get it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e9vtxrnze284sip/CKbqgGF8H0

Ok I think I see what has happened with the alt vs. neu sdkfz in MG (v2.10).

The previous sdkfz250 vehicles were all labeled in-game as the "neu" version and didn't have the "neu" in the file name. Your mod was named like: "sdkfz250-10-hull.bmp" and this corresponded to the in-game "neu" version, the only version in the game.

But now they have separated them out into 2 versions. In-game "alt" and "neu" sdkfz250 vehicles. Your textures do match up though, so BF is now calling their old "neu" vehicles "alt" which texture wise is now correct according to the images I looked up of the two different versions

Your original naming convention: "sdkfz250-10-hull.bmp" now corresponds in-game to the (newly added in 2.10) "alt" corrected versions of the vehicles.

And the (2.10 added) "neu" sdkfz250 vehicles are now using a new different texture that is now unmodded. The new file name for the "neu" version is: "sdkfz250neu-10-hull.bmp". As well the silhouettes are now split and show the same "issue".

So, unfortunately the sdkfz250 vehicles would need to be modded for the new corrected 2.10 "neu" versions.

Hope that makes sense. whewh!

I will give them a try in the future, don't worry ;)

In the meantime, finishing touches for,....Panzer IIIG (only available for lucky Market Garden Module owners ;) ) BTW, in the stock textures I (don't know about you) could clearly see a pair of black squares in the front hull hatches,...I think I found the culprit, and fixed the bug, so this is a bug fix/mod combo, aint' it great? ;)

PanzerIIIGCMMG_1.jpg~original

PanzerIIIGCMMG_2.jpg~original

One question for you guys:

Since muddy, mainland, etc variants are no present in CMBN/MG, applying decals and markings is possible again (check the photos above "223" added...). Do you really use them, or just stick to the standard texture? Adding decals takes lots of time due to lack of references so if you really want...well, I gladly add them, if not,...time saved.