My Installed Mods

This might be of interest to those who are finding the number of mods overwhelming. It's a list (part 1 or 2) of my installed mods. These are the ones that I have decided to settle upon after a few months of play. I've also added a quick description and given them a score according to my personal view.

Installed%20Mods.png

I'm now writing up my Sound, Terrain and Unit mods.

This might be of interest to those who are finding the number of mods overwhelming. It's a list (part 1 or 2) of my installed mods. These are the ones that I have decided to settle upon after a few months of play. I've also added a quick description and given them a score according to my personal view.

Installed%20Mods.png

I'm now writing up my Sound, Terrain and Unit mods.

Very useful xian. I suggested something like this a while back, but nobody went for it.

I use a lot more mods than what is listed here. But, it's hard/very time-consuming to go thru em all to figure out which are the "best" ones. So, it's really useful to have them rated like this.

Be great if there was a way for all of us to rate mods, like they do for scenarios at SCENARIO DEPOT II.

I can't find the Aris Terrain Mod pack v2 you refer to. I've searched the Repository for Aris and for (Aris AND Terrain). I get hits in both searches, but I can't identify which mods you rate so highly. I want gridded terrain which looks good and makes it easy for me to recognize from views at levels 2 or 3 where higher ground blocks vision. (You did say the Aris pack had a gridded terrain option.)

I'd really like contour lines to overlay the map when I depress a key and disappear when I release that key, but I doubt we'll ever get such a feature.

I can't find the Aris Terrain Mod pack v2 you refer to. I've searched the Repository for Aris and for (Aris AND Terrain). I get hits in both searches, but I can't identify which mods you rate so highly. I want gridded terrain which looks good and makes it easy for me to recognize from views at levels 2 or 3 where higher ground blocks vision. (You did say the Aris pack had a gridded terrain option.)

I'd really like contour lines to overlay the map when I depress a key and disappear when I release that key, but I doubt we'll ever get such a feature.

Despite being version 2 I think that it is actually just called Aris Texture Pack (parts 1 to 3):

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1690

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1691

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1692

Umm,....

1. DOWNLOAD ALL THREE FILES FIRST,...DON¨T EXTRACT ANYTHING UNTIL THEY ARE DONE!

2. Once you have ALL THREE in a single folder, extract the first file (Aris Texture Pack part 1) and all other files in the remaining .rars (part 2 and part 3 , that is) will be extracted automatically.

That's post 132. I followed those instructions, but the automatic extraction of parts 2 and 3 didn't occur after the extraction of part 1. When I then tried extracting parts 2 and 3, I got the corrupted archive result.

I just tried again: New folder with only three files -- part1.rar, part2.rar, part3.rar [full file names have the form "Aris_Terrain Mod Pack V.2.partN.rar", with N being 1,2, and 3]. Double click on the part 1 file and extraction produced a folder named "Aris_Terrain Mod Pack V.2.part1.rar Folder".

Nothing happened during the extraction process to show parts 2 and 3 were involved, and the resulting folder is named "...part1.rar Folder". It's possible that the folder holds everything from all three parts. I'll try it and report back later.

I hope Juju makes a tweaked UI mod update for Commonwealth ASAP after it comes out. The little hand drawn looking weapon icons are so much nicer to look at than the default solid color outlines. Did he make those or are they from some other game?

Hey Ranger,

Thanks! Those weapon silhouettes are my own. they're based on my old CM:AK weapons mod, so luckily the bulk of the work on those was already done years ago. Even for the British ones.

I'm a bit worried myself about my UI mod and the Commonwealth module. I haven't ordered it yet, and I'm still not sure I will. But if I do it's the first thing on the list. Most likely before even playing the thing.

The grided grass is an option in some grass folder I think. It may be in the Aris HD Grass mod.

It's in the sub-folder: Terrain Mod Pack V.2 > Options > Ground Grid

...there is also a separate HD grass mod in repository (by Aris) but I can't see a gridded HD version.