Release schedule desire

OK I know this is a pipedream and I'm sure some will disagree and some will agree but I'd love it if the release schedule changed.

As it's the East front that I really prefer and also to stop West front Overdose (so many games cover the same few battles with regards to West front) I'd prefer it if things where mixed up a little.

Release Commonwealth module and then the last module for this series.

Then.

Release the First east front title and it's three modules.

Then Release the Bulge game and it's three modules.

Then back to the East front and so on.

This way no one gets fed up with the West front. The West front series will see the benefit when it comes to the Bulge game from the additions made to the East front game etc etc. this way Each theatre is relatively upto date with neat new features. At the moment the wait for an east front game seems so so far away and by the time they are released come the end then the West front titles will pale in features compared to the east front series games. My way keeps things fresh, stops the west front games falling to far behind to the eats front games and keeps everyone happy no matter the theatre they prefer as we all get a piece of the action in a fairer way.

So if a majority agrees to this will BF reconsider it's release schedule?

I totally agree with you Wodin...I read somewhere here in the forums where someone actually said the Eastern Front games saturated the market but before Barbarossa to Berlin there was but a limited handful of such games and most of those were board games on the subject..Most Americans anyway know very little of the war on the Eastern Front or how it eclipsed anything that may have militarily happened on the Western front besides in overglossy Hollywood movies such as "enemy at the gates" I am glad to see in recent years more books on the subject and some of them unbiased but before that I had to buy a lot of imported books on the subject from places like JJ Fedorwitz ect.....Yes Battlefront I just tremble witrh excitement over what the Eastern Front game will be like with all the great work you've done to its engine, graphics ect.....I tried Theatre of war 2 and visually its dazzling but Im a chess player by nature and love studying my moves, the enemies known moves, ect ect via the WEGO format. So Im having a real jones for eastern front CM!!! Especially since my barbarossa to Berlin is just too old for my new pc and wont playt on it...:(

As much as I can't wait for the East front, I'd rather it come last just so as many features can get stuffed into it as possible (armor cover arc, tank riding, flamethrowers, wego tcpip, maybe even a multiplayer lobby and coplay)

I VERY much look forward to the East Front game but I would probably have to agree with the above. I would hope by the time the East Front game is released, the CMx2 engine would be at its peak maturity with all possible fixes, features and tweaks added. This way we can enjoy this massive front in its full glory.

I just wish they would all come out faster! I'm actually a little sickened that we're looking at 2+ years to get the whole shebang together....

I would like to see a 4 month or 3 release per yer schedule so we can get it all in 2 years max. I don't know if it's a programming, art, scenario design/playtest issue or simply marketing and maximizing profitability that put it's on such a very SLOW release schedule...

We want everything to be released yesterday as well. As for your timetable that you wish for things to happen in, well the schedule has been public knowledge for sometime. :) I think they would like a 4 release a year schedule too, just they will need you to send them your winning lottery numbers so they can pay the people they need to do this. Steve is awaiting your email.

I just want to either be still compus mentus or even alive when the east front games come out.

I guess the obvious advice here, since it involves BFC, is: " Then don't hold your breath! "

:D SCNR

On a more serious note, I would also prefer the East Front earlier, but I don't think this is going to happen.

And like others with more intimate knowledge of BFC internals have already said, the originally envisioned 6-month release cycle for modules seems fat too optimistic and way too ambitious for a team with these kind of limited resources. But in the end, they will get there, it just takes a little bit longer.

I'll vote for East Front as the next title as well! I doubt it will happen but there's always hope! But whatever title it will be it will be a long journey until then... Commonwealth module has been under work for almost 8 months already and no sign of it's release in the (very) near future. After that will come Arnhem module and one extra module. If they take as long as the Commonwealth, the last module is expected second half of 2013. And as most likely the new title will take longer than the modules so expect it no earlier than 2014... I really do hope that I'm completely wrong, but the stats are on my side... And if the Bulge is the next title, then East Front can't be expected before 2017. Sad but true...

i doubt it'll happen. theyve been planning things the way they are since before BN was released. And the Ost Front is definitely my favorite theatre. That being said, Im dying for the Arnhem module and I dont wanna see that kicked to the side. Personally, Id say release Commonwealth, and do Arnhem. That gives everyone the variety, and nice stretch of time from June to September/October. I'd skip the odds and sods, the Bulge, and do a Bagration East Front title. so on and so forth.

However it wont happen, its been explained anyways the schedule, and some of the reasoning. They figure a lot of the work will be done for an Ost Front title by doing the West Front first, as most of the German units will have been done then..

How about a deal with Graviteam to get East Front done at the same time as Bulge?

I don't think this is really necessary, since every title offers enough depth and motivation for many months.

But to increase the implementation speed of new features would be handy (multithreading, after action replay, co-op-play).

As an American I fully prefer east front over west front. I think that If you are are historically savy enough to play CM, reguardless of nationality you would know how much more important and interesting the east is over the west. This is why so many of us CM customers are chomping at the bit for a crack at the new engine going east ASAP.

This release schedule is so slow, I fear that by the time it is all done the engine will be a dinosaur and will be pushed aside for CMx3. But then look at HPS and John Tiller games still going strong on an ancient 1995 UI and 2D graphics.

I'm all for East front ASAP, but I will buy and play all the games / modules reguardless of release schedule when it comes down to it.