1.11 Feedback!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you set up a QB with the US army as Armour on a tiny map, they get no units. I have removed my old QB maps before patching as detailed in another thread.

Works for me. Gives you a tank plt...the smallest number of "armor" First check your QB setup. If you use Tiny and Also Reduce the % you will not get any "armor". Just like you describe. The Maps will play no role in unit selection. Hope this helps...let me know if you continue to have problems.

I'll check that out Mark, cheers.

Two more bugs one quite large, all during turn based combat. First, my Stryker w/mk40 fired three shots in one - I saved straight after if that is any use.

Second, I had a Stryker moving Fast and the turn ended. I cancelled the move order, gave the infantry inside a move order and gave the Stryker a replacement one. I started the turn and the infantry popped out immediately as the Stryker was at full speed to its objective.

Finally I'm having trouble mounting troops onto Strykers who have multiple waypoints, even if I pause the Strykers. The infantry seem to sometimes go to the Stryker and sometimes it's final waypoint. How to I get it working? is it a matter of the order in which I make the orders?

Other than that, good patch, like the blue bar.

Mark

I'm having trouble with QB's switching sides again. I moved all the old QB maps and reinstalled the patch and verified the new maps...still no luck.

It lets me setup the troops for the side I chose, but the minute I hit the START button it switches me over to control of the opposing army. WTH? I had this problem before, does anyone know what causes it. It's happened on all the quick battles I've tried so far.

At around about patch 1.03 or something, i started a thread named "Is CMSF fundamentally flawed?" At that time, and after 3-4 patches which still didn't appear to address some serious issues, i thought so.

As of adding the Marines module + 1.11, i no longer hold that opinion.

Nice work Charles and everyone else @ BFC.

Sting Ray: As stated before: I am unable to duplicate this WITHOUT reducing force %. Blue Armor for Tiny or Small always gets one tank plt. Each and every time I try. If you've got a save file please send it, although it may not do much good. I think there will be no way of verifying the exact setup you chose. I may not look at it for awhile due to the Holidays.

Thanks. Using those settings I still couldn't reproduce the bug, no matter whether I choose Wego or RT, Blue or Red. Then again, I've never seen such thing happen, while you get it everytime. So it's something else, but I'll be damned if I know what.

Have you tried reinstalling the game? I'm thinking maybe some file somewhere is corrupted.

After some more attempts using same settings - I had one map load which did not trigger side switch. Mark did such a good job providing us with QB maps it's hard to get the same one twice!

I'm going to keep trying with same settings to see if this is being caused by the map being selected - or if it is entirely random.

Mark / Sergei

Thanks for taking the time to look into the QB problem. This can wait...

Enjoy the Holidays...

I do have a saved copy of a tiny armor QB with no units. How can I send it to you.

FYI, this problem was present even with version 1.10. I have installed 1.11 and the problem still there. However if the USMC (Blue) is the attacker, I don't have any problem.

As I mentioned earlier... no need to rush... Take a well deserved vacation.

Merry Christmas !!!

Stingray

Okay, I got it downloaded and installed earlier this afternoon and I just HAD to give it a quick work out to see how the game has changed. I will have to be very careful with my language here as I might just get a bit carried away and end up with a ban but what I've seen so far is absolutely <bleep> AWESOME!!!

First, I decided to open all my existing work in the editor and save the missions to a second v1.11 ready folder. I was quickly surprised to find that misssions that once took 6-8 minutes or longer to load only took 2-3 minutes MAX. Once I'd done that, I decided to play a mission on the largest map I've got in my scenario folder (The Lakes) which, prior to v1.11, took about 12-13 minutes to load up. The new v1.11 version took exactly 4 minutes and 40 seconds. <Bleep> amazing! Good work there guys!

Then I gave another mission a quick work out. I usually win the 'Petani' mission very easily but today it beat me. WTF!!! Why? Because the AI sets up most of it's units in buildings and are less inclined to run away during the opening artillery barrage. This made the fight in the village very intense and a HUGE amount of fun but when time ran out and I lost and I saw how many units were still intact, I knew that this game has changed massively for the better.

The AI doesn't have any artillery to throw around in that one so I haven't seen how the new system works but no doubt I'll see it in action when I play a mission where it does have it tomorrow morning. (Yes it's Xmas Day. I'm a sad ba*%tard but I don't care). But I did have time to try out the new vehicle pathfinding routines and I saw nothing wrong there. Vehicles sped along tree-lined roads without deviating off them like they did before in v1.10.

I don't play WeGo so I can't comment on the changes there. However, I'm very happy to hear that it's had most of the cause for grumbling sorted out as I would prefer to play CM WW2 in WeGo mode as it will probably feel more appropriate for that era.

I know that I haven't really had enough time to explore the new game thoroughly but I am so <bleep> impressed with what I've seen so far that I wanted to post this and say thanks to BFC and their Beta testing team for sticking with this.

Guys,

One quick impression and not a positive one.

This is one quick datapoint, so take it for what it's worth.

In an elite, WeGo, as Blue vs. AI, a USMC MVTR with a manned .50 cal was fired upon with an RPG by a "?". This was the second turn and there were NO other enemy contacts.

The next RPG also closely missed, but changed the RPG teams's "?" to an identified rocket icon. The MVTR's .50 slewed to 10 o'clock and fired a 5-8 round burst at the RPG team. The RPG team then became a "?". Immediately the .50 slewed back to 12 o'clock.

Now, this doesn't break the game, so let's not get carried away. However, I thought that firing upon enemy who become "?" would continue per the release notes. The release notes may mean that only enemy who are actively TARGETED by the player, and hence gain a red line LOS/LOF, get that treatment. Therefore TacAI targeted enemies do not get fired upon as area fire after they duck. I don't know.

I would think, were I to be standing in the turret ring of a truck with a .50 cal., and a couple of RPG's fly out of the woods and go past me, I'd be hosing down the treeline. Nor would I stop for some while, unless, and only unless, I went out of LOS of the treeline or a greater threat became apparent. (Or someone ordered me to ceasefire.)

I think this area may need more tweaking...

Regards,

Ken

The release notes may mean that only enemy who are actively TARGETED by the player, and hence gain a red line LOS/LOF, get that treatment.

There was a lot of discussion on this subject, but I am fairly sure that this is how it was implemented in the final build!

Best regards,

Thomm

C3K: A great deal of discussion revolved around the ability of a unit to immediately LOCATE the source of AT/ATGM fire. In earlier builds a Syrian RPG team would fire at the rear of an M1 only to be spotted, identified and killed seconds later. Not realistic and not fun. Now RPG/ATGM teams smoke trails are harder to see and disappear more quickly. I urge you to play the game for a while and let the many changes (often linked) settle in before drawing a conclusion.