Bil Hardenberger

CM Black Sea – BETA Battle Report - Russian Side

Do you have a running total of AFV losses on both sides?

So far I believe Bil has lost 4 BMP3s (2 to ATGMS from the 'pocket' in the beginning and 2 to the Tunguska) and one MTLB. There was also a T-90 stripped of all its fancy stuff, including the APS, by 30mm bursts from the Tunguska. I guess it's basically a T-55 now.

I can only mention Scott's losses that have been confirmed in this thread, but judging from what I've seen here he's lost lots of BMP2s and dismounted infantry. It's probably easier to count the AFVs he has left rather than the ones he's lost. :)

Do you have a running total of AFV losses on both sides?

Right you are!!

Time for the return of the infamous BLOOD BOARD (first introduced in my Wittmann's Demise AAR). This will maintain a running count of vehicle kills.

Here it is up through turn 7:

007-BLOOD%2BBOARD.JPG

Here is the latest Beta Tester for CMBS. Verifying that Russian equipement is modeled correctly.

Ill take him on, 20,000 point battle over a map spanning the entirety of Ukraine. ECM set to maximum and limited air support, we will do it old school!

:cool:

If he buys it he'll have to wait like everyone else if he sends his hackers they can steal it now

P.S. Oh and amazing AAR, beyond top notch, raising the bar as usual. Can't wait to get my hands on the game.

umm... the Hog's gun sure is a crowd pleaser, but it's primary weapon has always been the AGM-65 Maverick, and nowadays coupled with WCMDs, LGBs and JDAMs. They can provide a bit stand-off range/altitude clear of the lethal Shorads.

Eh. I was responding to the notion that the Air Farce wants to retire the A-10 because it's unsurvivable in a conventional setting. Which may well be true but ... if it is true, why is the USAAF spending so damn much on what are basically the airborne equivalent of Somali Technicals? :D :confused:

Bil,

I don't know what the nickname is for the BMP-3, but Yozh doesn't appear to be remotely matching its hedgehog namesake. Is the BMP-2 even capable of taking out a BMP-3 with 30 mm fire?

Tank Hunter,

Fantastic conceit! If Putin is (ahem) really a Beta Tester, then I think BFC has ample grounds for suing him over violating the NDA. As a billionaire, he is the very definition of deep pockets!

Regards,

John Kettler

Very COMPETENTLY photoshoped! Well Done!

Thanks! It is Photoshoped, the idea came to me as I was browsing through the CMBS forum, that picture of him sitting in front of a PC with the monitor visible was a perfect match... :)

is that picture real

Yes, though it looks similar to the current battle, it is actually from a match Bil had with Putin. The guy to his left is pointing out how poorly Putin positioned his forces. Last I heard he was now in prison.

No, Putin wears his watch on his right hand. Must be some weird KGB trick. He's still right handed though.

vladimir-putin-crimea.jpg

Okay, I'll buy that. BTW, in the first pic the position of the pen on the desk also suggested a left handed person, but I freely concede that that is not proof of anything.

Michael

The guy to his left is pointing out how poorly Putin positioned his forces. Last I heard he was now in prison.

nahh. Putin doesnt send people in prison for such trivial matters, he's not Stalin...Wait, thinking about it... Stalin neither, he just had them executed :D