CM Black Sea – BETA Battle Report - Russian Side

Do you have a running total of AFV losses on both sides?

So far I believe Bil has lost 4 BMP3s (2 to ATGMS from the 'pocket' in the beginning and 2 to the Tunguska) and one MTLB. There was also a T-90 stripped of all its fancy stuff, including the APS, by 30mm bursts from the Tunguska. I guess it's basically a T-55 now.

I can only mention Scott's losses that have been confirmed in this thread, but judging from what I've seen here he's lost lots of BMP2s and dismounted infantry. It's probably easier to count the AFVs he has left rather than the ones he's lost. :)

umm... the Hog's gun sure is a crowd pleaser, but it's primary weapon has always been the AGM-65 Maverick, and nowadays coupled with WCMDs, LGBs and JDAMs. They can provide a bit stand-off range/altitude clear of the lethal Shorads.

Eh. I was responding to the notion that the Air Farce wants to retire the A-10 because it's unsurvivable in a conventional setting. Which may well be true but ... if it is true, why is the USAAF spending so damn much on what are basically the airborne equivalent of Somali Technicals? :D :confused:

Bil,

I don't know what the nickname is for the BMP-3, but Yozh doesn't appear to be remotely matching its hedgehog namesake. Is the BMP-2 even capable of taking out a BMP-3 with 30 mm fire?

Tank Hunter,

Fantastic conceit! If Putin is (ahem) really a Beta Tester, then I think BFC has ample grounds for suing him over violating the NDA. As a billionaire, he is the very definition of deep pockets!

Regards,

John Kettler