Twitch.tv

Davek555

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, no stream today. I just got back from a trip to GDC, and I've got a weekend's worth of work waiting for me in the morning. I just don't have the time to spare. Next week we'll continue!

This breaks my heart. And not only because you will not be online. But because it makes it sound as if CMRT will not be out next week either! :(

This breaks my heart. And not only because you will not be online. But because it makes it sound as if CMRT will not be out next week either! :(

Be of good cheer, gunnersman! Just because a product gets released doesn't mean Chris will stop playing it on-stream. He's already played at least one CMFI scenario, and was planning to do another last week. I would kinda expect RT to be a focus for a while, even after it's released: just because it's out there doesn't mean there aren't people who'll want to have a look at the thing before they buy it or drag down the demo.

So it might still get released before next Saturday... :)

Thanks for the positive waves, womble! I sure hope so. All I heard from folks when I inquired about release dates was almost always 4-6 weeks after they opened pre-orders.

Well, we are past 6 weeks now. Let slip the dogs of war, for Pete's sake! And by slip, I don't mean slip the date.

Cry havoc, and ship the dogs of war!!

I'm not stopping the streams when Red Thunder comes out. I'll be streaming once a week for the foreseeable future. Basically until people lose interest in it or I start to hate it.

After Red Thunder is out I'm going to move on to doing other Combat Mission titles more often: CMBN, CMFI, CMSF, etc. My plan is to pick community-made missions from the Repository.

I am also considering streaming the creation of a scenario for the next title... it will probably be as boring as watching paint dry for most people, but I'm sure someone would find it interesting. ;)

<snipped>

I am also considering streaming the creation of a scenario for the next title... it will probably be as boring as watching paint dry for most people, but I'm sure someone would find it interesting. ;)

+1 from me too!

Will likely miss the realtime streaming but would definitely view and review on YouTube. Jon Sowdon's tutorial covered map making well but I'd like to see (in order to understand much better) programing the AI.

Thanks for all your video's ChrisND. Good stuff with great commentary.

I am also considering streaming the creation of a scenario for the next title...

Chris although I have been using the Editor and designing scenarios for my own use since CMSF, I would be very interested in watching you design a scenario using the latest features in the Editor.

I'm not stopping the streams when Red Thunder comes out. I'll be streaming once a week for the foreseeable future. Basically until people lose interest in it or I start to hate it.

After Red Thunder is out I'm going to move on to doing other Combat Mission titles more often: CMBN, CMFI, CMSF, etc. My plan is to pick community-made missions from the Repository.

Keep 'em coming Chris. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching your videos. The wife keeps asking me "Who's the dorky guy you're watching on the TV every night"... :D

I'm watching the stream and see a Maxim HMG firing with a sound identical like the rest of MG in game and even SMGs... This kills the immersion ;).

Would be great if there were at least few new weapon-specific sounds, like MGs and SMGs.

Would be great too if German and Russian tanks sounded differently. It's not much coding I hope, just some resources to add.

Chris,

Just putting in a request for whenever you get the time to play the CMFI scenario Beyond the Belice. as played from the US army side.

I haven't forgotten. I'll get to it in... probably two weeks. Think I'm going to do more Red Thunder next week.

I'm watching the stream and see a Maxim HMG firing with a sound identical like the rest of MG in game and even SMGs... This kills the immersion ;).

Would be great if there were at least few new weapon-specific sounds, like MGs and SMGs.

Would be great too if German and Russian tanks sounded differently. It's not much coding I hope, just some resources to add.

There will be. If it's not in the game at launch, it will be added by modders.

In CMBN and CMFI alot of the different sounds were actually the same (all smg's for example used the same sound, but with different names).

That way the modders can create more variety but the base game is easy on the low-end computers.

Until it decided to advance over the bridge and exploit, that was just plain dumb, at one point a Panther was hit by three 122mm shells in a matter of seconds. I do wonder about the visibility of the Russian tanks, unbuttoned the T-34's seem poorer at spotting than buttoned M-4's in CMBN. Or has the spotting in tanks got harder?

I found the amount of SVT40s a bit surprising. Were they really that common in 1944?

I didn't watch this episode. What formation were they? The '43 TO&E for a motorized rifle battalion in a Mech Brigade had a high allocation of SVTs. In the absence of proof to the contrary, Steve usually goes with the TO&E allocation.

I didn't watch this episode. What formation were they? The '43 TO&E for a motorized rifle battalion in a Mech Brigade had a high allocation of SVTs. In the absence of proof to the contrary, Steve usually goes with the TO&E allocation.

That could have been the case. Do you have a link to these TOEs or some other kind of reference? Just asking out of curiosity.

There will be. If it's not in the game at launch, it will be added by modders.

In CMBN and CMFI alot of the different sounds were actually the same (all smg's for example used the same sound, but with different names).

That way the modders can create more variety but the base game is easy on the low-end computers.

First off, the audio files CMx2 uses are hardly taxing on even low-end computers. We're talking about very small audio files here that the game is using.

Secondly, players shouldn't have to add to the game (varying weapon sounds) what BF should be adding to the game themselves. The audio files are already there, so it boggles me why BF is content to have every rifle and every SMG sound the same.