Combat Mission:Black Sea- alternate name suggestions?

So we now know the working name for the Modern Temperate Region game is Combat Mission:Black Sea. That's actually not a bad name, at least as good as Combat Mission:Battle for Normandy, though it rather implies a Naval Game. I thought I'd start a thread for your name suggestions for the game. Me, offhand, I can't think of any. If I do I'll get back to you. :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 1980's there was a WWII Ostfront boardgame called Black Sea, Black Death by a company called People's Wargames, which I suppose is appropriate for a Company that IIRC only made Eastfront games. One person commented that it sounded like a game about the bubonic plague. You can never please everyone.

Combat Mission: Vlad gone Mad

Combat Mission: Looting Putin

Combat Mission: Obamas Drama

Combat Mission: Russian Roulette (alluding to the threat of the conflict between the US and Russia becoming a nuclear one)

Out of the more serious suggestions, i like "Combat Mission: Azov to Tblisi",

"Combat Mission: Ossetian Assault" and "Combat Mission: Caspian Ghost". Especially "CM Caspian Ghost".

BTW IMO CM Black Sea is already a good name.

Combat Mission: Looting Putin

Combat Mission: Obamas Drama

Combat Mission: Russian Roulette (alluding to the threat of the conflict between the US and Russia becoming a nuclear one)

Out of the more serious suggestions, i like "Combat Mission: Azov to Tblisi",

"Combat Mission: Ossetian Assault" and "Combat Mission: Caspian Ghost". Especially "CM Caspian Ghost".

BTW IMO CM Black Sea is already a good name.

Taking yours and modifying...

Combat Mission: Lootin' Putin

Combat Mission: Obama Drama

or, new...

Combat Mission: Black Sea, Red Blood

(That sets up the Middle East sequel, Combat Mission: Red Sea, Black Oil)

Combat Mission: Turkey Shoots

Ken

CM: Clash on the Steppes

CM: Ukraine, One step from Armageddon

CM: Ukraine, On the brink. Or just CM On the brink.

CM: Black Sea Crisis

CM: Black Sea Showdown

CM: Black sea,When giants collide

CM: Edge of Hell.

CM: Fear Unleashed.

Could go on for ever here;)

I've been suggesting they go the movie rout and give totally non-sequitur names like the films "Cloverfield", "District 9", "Argo". How about "Combat Mission: Paradigm Four"? Sure, the name don't mean squat but doesn't it sound 'dramatic'? Its really not all that far afield from the original "CM:Shock Force". :D

Agusto's "Combat Mission: Chernobyl Zombie Apocalypse" is sure to increase google exposure and possibly sales;)

I have no clue what it should be named. Maybe a lottery drawing to name the game :)

Maybe Steve can give us more details on the progress and development to help us name the game:D

I've been suggesting they go the movie rout and give totally non-sequitur names like the films "Cloverfield", "District 9", "Argo". How about "Combat Mission: Paradigm Four"? Sure, the name don't mean squat but doesn't it sound 'dramatic'? Its really not all that far afield from the original "CM:Shock Force". :D

Combat Mission: A Painful Romance

Combat Mission: Dinner With Destiny