[WIP-PREVIEW] Tanks a Lot's Normandy buildings

Juju

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh*

brokenbuilding.jpg

There are also sack flavor objects that can stand in for sandbags, and then a placeable sandbag wall under fortifications. Not sure about the need for tractors, as Normandy was still mostly horse-powered at this time, no? Can't help with trains.

lol - is that a sigh of exasperation? - i just need the right hand side of that house - but seriously if you tell me how you did it ill gladly make my own

havent seen fortifications on my scenario building screen - ill have a look when i can - thanks AKD

PS - make me a train, i know you want to!!

SHIFT+ALT+LMB click on the building to progressively destroy it (first roof, then leveled).

CTRL+LMB on a particular wall to cycle through options on a modular building (various combinations of windows/doors, breached, or removed entirely). Doing the same on an independent building will just cycle between an intact and destroyed wall.

Fortifications are purchased under units as they are subject to fog of war.

quick question - in the designer there are some independant buildings that face n/s/e/w and some that face ne/se/sw/nw - how can i turn one of the small one story houses that faces n/s/e/w to face ne - ive tried control and LMB but this damages the facia - i just need to turn it through 45 degrees - any help always appreciated

You can rotate buildings before placing in the map editor (not 3D view) by CTRL+RMB clicking on the map window just as you do with walls, etc., but the buildings are fixed to their compass orientation, so no 45 deg. rotations, just 90 deg.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys, when modding you need to remember your history. France has been occupied for 4 years, and no one will have had the inclination to do house maintenance (and wouldnt get the materials if they did). Rural France generally looks run down even today. Dirty discoloured walls, no fresh paint on windo frames, and in come cases Germans commandeering the buildings. And soldiers are not renowned for looking after things, even when they are in their own country!

And this is all before someone started getting agressive with nast bangy whoosh type stuff...

Where are the 'tired' terrain mods?

• 2 months later...