Nobody ever wants to commit to a date since things always slip, but a general time frame would be nice. I've been hesitant to start a new PBEM game because I don't want to get stuck on v1.0 once the patch is out. People with games in progress will either have to install two versions, abandon their games in progress, or refrain from installing the patch (which is bound to have a ton of fixes) until all their in-progress games are finished.

If it's not gonna be out for a month, that's fine. It would just be nice to know, since I sorta expected it to be out by now, to be honest.

What I really want to know is whether or not we will actually receive that mythical final patch for CMSF after the first CMBN patch comes out. I still can't play the German campaign due to those missing panzerfausts. I actually find myself longing for those vast open expanses after a few weeks in the bocage.

I don't need a release date, I just want confirmation that the thing will ever see the light of day.

What I really want to know is whether or not we will actually receive that mythical final patch for CMSF after the first CMBN patch comes out. I still can't play the German campaign due to those missing panzerfausts. I actually find myself longing for those vast open expanses after a few weeks in the bocage.

I don't need a release date, I just want confirmation that the thing will ever see the light of day.

Amen to that. I know exactly what you mean - I do really enjoy CMBN but I cant help feel that SF is just that little bit more refined at the moment. I did hear some time ago that the Normandy patch would be first, followed by the SF patch.

Both patches are under development at the moment. Takes time to fully test both and to implement changes. You have to check that any new tweaks don't break something else. So it's all on-going and it's on-going well. Patience my children ;)

You have about as much chance of seeing a damn unicorn in your back yard as getting a strait answer from BF on the patch. I think in 10 years of reading these boards, the question has been answered satisfactorily about 3 times. I was thinking the other day if I was rich I would probably try to bribe BF with large "investments" for patch release dates every so often, lol.

You have about as much chance of seeing a damn unicorn in your back yard as getting a strait answer from BF on the patch. I think in 10 years of reading these boards, the question has been answered satisfactorily about 3 times. I was thinking the other day if I was rich I would probably try to bribe BF with large "investments" for patch release dates every so often, lol.

I must have a damn herd of Unicorn around my house then. We have heard repeatedly from BFC at items they are looking at in the patch and that WHEN THEY ARE READY they will release it. Perhaps the issue is you don't like the answer rather than you don't get one. You can bribe them as much as you want and they might be willing to make up a date to take your money, but when they say they will release it when they feel it is tested and ready they mean exactly that.

So now sit back in the seat and tighten your seat belt. No we aren't there yet, but tell Mommy if you feel you need to pee.

Both patches are under development at the moment. Takes time to fully test both and to implement changes. You have to check that any new tweaks don't break something else. So it's all on-going and it's on-going well. Patience my children ;)

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to both patches. I too am a great CMSF fan and the German campaign awaits me.

Im just hoping that since the patch still isnt out, maybe they're not only fixing bugs, but also adding some candy, like say a couple new scenarios or maybe even a couple new units. Say they added just the M-18 Hellcat, and Hetzer. That would be really nice, dont know if they can add those things in a patch but it would be great if they could. Im not going to hold my breath but i'll maybe keep my fingers crossed.

Nonetheless i hope they just get the bugs fixed, bulletproof trees are getting old:D

Something has been stirring in the back of my mind lately, and that is that for the last couple of weeks Steve has been absent from the board. Especially noticeable is his absence from several threads that I think would have been naturals for him to comment on. So two possibilities exist, as it seems to me. Either he is on extended vacation on some beach in Tahiti, or he is working hard on something. Now if it is the latter case, that does not necessarily imply that it is the patch that he is primarily involved with—BFC has lots of irons in the fire. But it does make one wonder.

Michael

Something has been stirring in the back of my mind lately

Don't scare us like that Michael.

Hey, it's Summertime and the livin' is easy. Of course Steve is on vacation, and an extended one at that. Well deserved.

He will return with The Patch, after Labor Day when school is back in session. So everybody just chill, and enjoy some ice cold lemonade for the next few months.

Don't scare us like that Michael.

Hey, it's Summertime and the livin' is easy. Of course Steve is on vacation, and an extended one at that. Well deserved.

He will return with The Patch, after Labor Day when school is back in session. So everybody just chill, and enjoy some ice cold lemonade for the next few months.

So what you are saying is after Labor day they will Patch Steve back together.Am I reading this right?:D

So what you are saying is after Labor day they will Patch Steve back together.Am I reading this right?:D

Not exactly. You see, Steve has gone away for a while in order to quit smoking. Right now, he is going through withdrawal hell and isn't very nice to be with, so they had to lock him in a soundproof padded cell until he calms down a bit. Soon they will move into Stage Two which involves nicotine patch usage. That is the patch that Chops was referring to.

Michael