Veins terrain V2 Released

Vein

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem.

It may...there was some arguing about whether or not it affected FPS.

And in case you don't know...load up the scenario you want to edit...select the mission tab...look under data...and you'll see a tab for wind strength.

Mord.

Do you think you could upload to the official repo? I can't seem to download from GAJ's site anymore :( It keeps on refusing my username/password.

I tried about 5 times and I kept getting an error saying 'unspecified file'. I could try megaupload or mediafire if you can use those?

Glad you like it Spindry. Like I have said before: there's nothing wrong with the 'vanilla' textures that come with the game, it's just that for my tastes a little bit of colour correction adds to the drama of it.

I image that's why Spielberg did what he did for Ryan (and subsequently Band of Brothers): it immediately invoked a feeling of both age and grittiness, particularly apt for WW2 where the films that survived of the war are themselves faded and gritty.

Do you think you could upload to the official repo? I can't seem to download from GAJ's site anymore :( It keeps on refusing my username/password.

I had the same problem but the CMBN site is different to the CMSF one it requires a new registration.

I've labeled it "Vein's Gloomy terrain" and am planning to use it in all scenarios where the sun isn't shining. Thanks for this!

I felt it was a little dark for the sunny days mostly because of the basic grass so I lightened it up a bit in the link I posted above.

Is it me or does this grind my very fast Nvida mobile 9800GTS to a crawl? It was screaming beforehand, and now ugh!.. and I rather like the affects mr vien has put together..any help here?

The texture sizes are the same as the default and the unpacked size of the folder is less than 1mb difference so I don't think it's caused by the mod.

I do wonder however if having lots of separate mods could slow it down. Does anybody know how the game reads the files? If there any benefit to having one BIG brz file over a dozen little ones.

I have a single mod file of a gig and a half :D

Do you think you could upload to the official repo? I can't seem to download from GAJ's site anymore It keeps on refusing my username/password.

Mate, send me an email/PM I'll fix you up.

It's manual at the moment, but I'm '' this close to having "password reset" function in place,

maybe this weekend.

GaJ

The texture sizes are the same as the default and the unpacked size of the folder is less than 1mb difference so I don't think it's caused by the mod.

I do wonder however if having lots of separate mods could slow it down. Does anybody know how the game reads the files? If there any benefit to having one BIG brz file over a dozen little ones.

I have a single mod file of a gig and a half :D

That's an interesting question i have a pretty decent spec and i do not always seem to be getting the best out of the game. I also now have a lot of mods installed too.