Veins terrain V2 Released

Vein

Veins_TerrainDesaturation_CMBN_v2 has been uploaded to GAJ's site (or at least it will have been in a few minutes):

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/

See THIS thread for pics: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=97542

This is a comprehensive mod of the terrain in CMBN encompassing 'Veins_Skies_Mod_V1'

This mod includes new textures for the following:

brick wall model top

brick wall model

w_normalmap

ground water

ground sand

ground rocky red

ground pavement2

ground mud

ground green crop

ground gravel

ground grass

ground grain

ground dirt road

ground dirt ploughed ns

ground dirt ploughed ew

ground cobblestones

All paved road textures

Railway textures

clouds

all skies

sun

Mountain clear textures N E S W

Most other textures moddified to greater or lesser extent

N.B. The screenshots included in the zip are reresentative of how the mod looks on MY monitor. Due to compression the colours may looked a little more saturated than they actually are.

Zip includes README.txt

Feel free to unpack the mod for use in your own personal setup but it would be best if my textures weren't used in uploaded mods. It could get confusing if there start to be mods of mods, and then mods of mods of mods etc.

If you want to get the basic look of this mod, desaturate the stock textures to -30 in Photoshop or other image editing program.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!!! Any effect on FPS that anyone has seen good or bad? Downloaded tonight going to load it up tomorrow. Great job sir!

No effect on FPS because the file sizes are the same. I originally had the larger textures (grass, dirt) double sized to try to sharpen the detail close up, but there was a slight fps drop so I changed it.

A couple things I noticed...

mini ground grass.bmp and ground grass.bmp look just a bit too mottled/dark on my screen so what I did was take your v1 .bmps and mix them together adjusting the layer opacity of the v1 layer. Seems to have turned out pretty good. :)

The new paved road with the rounded pattern seems a little out of place for a country paved road, no? A bit too fancy?

Otherwise like I said before loving the mod, thanks a ton for uploading it for us!

I did blur the mini grass after uploading but only by a smidge.

I haven't come across the curved paved road in a rural setting yet so it may well look a little out of place. I have only seen it in built up areas.

I may bring out a little 'hotfix' update in a few weeks with a few tweaked textures rather than a whole massive V3.

Of course with TFT LCD displays it makes a big difference on your viewing angle for overall brightness/contrast. On one system I am look pretty much at the middle of the display, here of course it's darker and inspired me to make the tweak. On another I look more down at the screen and this one is much brighter of course, probably doesn't even need the little grass tweak I did, except to reduce the mottled effect.

The mini .bmp is a bit too blurry for my tastes actually... mixing in the v1 .bmp does help it out a bit. I might want to just redo it. Is it really just the full grass .bmp shrunk down to 64x64?

Yeah the pavement showed up right in the middle of a Quick Battle small map with a farm house in the middle in a very rural setting.

Hotfix update sounds like a much easier plan. :)